1.    #1  
    I think I have discovered a major cause for some of my treo's past sluggish performance. I was constantly soft resetting my original unit until due to a charge port problem it had to be replaced. the new unit had been much more stable and faster. I initially did not add the calendar to my today screen like on the original unit. yesterday I added the calendar and had to soft reset at least 3 times and things became sluggish again. I removed the calendar once again and the problems have dissapeared. not sure if this is a known issue but I thought I would share.
    Last edited by jeremy3721; 01/03/2007 at 08:53 PM.
    weird, i have had my calendar plugin enabled since day one, and had no problems with it. anyone else have problems with the stock calendar plugin?
    Interesting. I am not sure how to benchmark the change. I would expect the lack of any today plug in to speed things up though.
    Are you using the stock calendar or a 3rd party pim or 3rd party today plugin?
    do you have a super amount of pim volume in your calendar. (alot of entries?) this would slow things down reguardless of which calender pluging you used.
    Well even with a lot of entries, if the only item shown on the today screen is the current days activites, then why would it slow him down?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Well even with a lot of entries, if the only item shown on the today screen is the current days activites, then why would it slow him down?
    it would still have to read/pull from the calendar app/files. this would slow down the display on the plugin.
  8.    #8  
    I am using the stock calendar which looks like crap anyway in my opinion. In general I have about 4 items per day in my calendar.

I cannot confirm 100% that the calendar was the cause of the problems, it could be a coincidence but I will keep testing to see if I can re-create my observations.