Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I get this message frequently throughout the day. It does not matter if I tell it to configure it now or never configure it, the prompt eventually comes back. I am wondering if this might be the result of something running on the PDA. I am currently running the following:

Wisbar Advance 2
    Phone Alarm
    iLauncher
    Pocket Breeze
    PocketRSS
    hidelogo

Has anyone else experienced this?
    I have had to do this a few times as well.
    i could be wrong but i think this message is something people see who haven't done the prl up date. go to start/system/about/phone and scroll down to see your prl. take note and then call 866-306 7056 (sprint customer service direct number with no wait time). have them flag your account for the prl update. after that say it has been flaged, wait a little while and then dial *2.

see if this helps

cody
    I got that message today and had to reprovision the network. The network connection name changed to Sprint Provisioning.

I already had PRL 20225 and that didn't change. No idea what if anything else has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I got that message today and had to reprovision the network. The network connection name changed to Sprint Provisioning.

I already had PRL 20225 and that didn't change. No idea what if anything else has changed.
    well if you got 20225 then that blows my theory out of the water. i remember hear about this though back in september when the wx first came out
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    well if you got 20225 then that blows my theory out of the water. i remember hear about this though back in september when the wx first came out
    there's a thread at ppcgeeks about this and it happened to me at this afternoon too.

Of course I had the latest PRL so this was probably a tower update thing (maybe a Rev a update, even though we are not technically affected?)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    wow!!!! I just read this thread about 5 minutes ago.... Popped my phone out my pocket to make a call.... And to my surprise i had this very screen... Weird!
    lol I got it too! I noticed it now said Sprint Provisioning also.
    Got it coming home from dinner. Haven't seen anything different yet. Didn't notice the Sprint Provisioning thing... I joked that it was probably because I was coming down a mountain and my signal is usually so lousy in the valley below... finally had a good signal, and here I am getting an OTA update... lol
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    this is strang....happen to anyone else....I got the same message....went to check on the connection in my settings and it changed my openDNS connection I used to use back to the old server....plus it put some weird email in where my own pcs email goes....what gives? anyone got an answer?
    My DNS settings changed too... Mal - were you still using OpenDNS? Did you reset your DNS settings yet?

Also, I noticed in the connections settings, my username was WAY different, instead of my first inital-lastname+ number as it was, it was some weird string of letters and numbers, almost looked like a MAC address or something... not that it would have been of course, just had that same look...

anyone else notice any other changes?
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    this is strang....happen to anyone else....I got the same message....went to check on the connection in my settings and it changed my openDNS connection I used to use back to the old server....plus it put some weird email in where my own pcs email goes....what gives? anyone got an answer?
    I got it too...
    Does pda.net still work?
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Oh crap. I made the changes to use openDNS again, and now my screen says "power vision" again, and not the "Sprint Provisioning" that it just did...?!?!

Did I just $#!@ myself or what?

ALSO, the openDNS settings did not "take" - I am back to using the default settings... it changed itself...
    Last edited by Alienwhere; 01/07/2007 at 12:26 AM.
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    yeah just noticed the login thing...
    They changed the structuring of the username...

Now its like... [some random numbers]@hcm.sprintpcs.com

what does HCM stand for? Im sure it wasnt there before
    I changed my DNS settings again, and they stuck this time, and Internet still works, connecting as always, but still called "power vision" and my username is back to the way it was, no more random numbers@hcm.sprintpcs.com...

I'm really curious as to what I just did... and if it was a bad idea... although, everything working as it is, I'm not really worried, just wondering...
    END OF LINE
    I get the same hcm garbage on mine. Just altered my DNS settings back to what they were before.
    Well, loosing the DNS servers sounds right, I mean they basically "reset" your whole internet connection settings, so it'd make sense that'd they go back to whatever Sprint sets as a default.

As far as the changes: who knows, but it looks like they are finally migrating everyone to "power vision" status and phasing out their old "vision" configuration. Maybe it's just a naming/system thing, maybe it has to do with them upgrading all of their towers for RevA.

I'm not really too concerned about it though and I don't expect to see any real changes.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    hmm. I had to hard reset and restore a backup from a week ago and my data connection wouldn't work until I deleted the connection and soft reset. I assume it has something to do with this change. fyi.
    I got this message tonight. I let it do its update and after it was done, my PRL was updated to 25.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast