Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    PRL is not updated over the data connection. This has nothing to do with PRL.

My only concern is that all of our @sprintpcs.com email addresses will get closed out over the next few days... Hopefully this is just a name change as suggested above.

-Rob
    My @sprintpcs.com address came back after I changed my settings and did a soft-reset on my phone.
    END OF LINE
    Very interesting... I wonder what the hell is going on with all of this?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Seriously! I've been thinking about this since it all happened the other night! No one seems to have a solid idea... yet.
    END OF LINE
    I think it's verifying that everyone's PRL is up to date.
    Sounds like it has something to do with NAI, instead of having our phone numbers in the address they added a different tag in front of sprintpcs.com (much like your name changes on NAI capable power vision phones when tethering), could also be to differentiate between rev0 / revA. - but I wouldn't see how it would make much difference.
    This happened to me this morning also, five times. It has since then stopped. What they hay?!!?

I thought it might have been since I let the battery drain last night by accident instead of charging it.

While charging, my phone was signed off Sprint services altogether also. ( I got the yellow screen showing it signing off..)

I fired up Sprint again and said "yes" to the vision services config screen multiple times.

My prl is 20225, same as the last update a couple of weeks ago.
    Yay, my PRL was updated and now I no longer have a data connection. Tried changing DNS, tried a soft reset, nothing. My connection still says '...provisiona' and is using the new login info.
    I had the prompt at least 5 times before I did a soft reboot. That was the last I saw of it.
    I use 700wx in Vietnam with an CDMA operator here. Whenever i try to set up a connection to their internet services, the screen prompt me: "your phone must be configured for Vision usage..."

How to get rid of it??

Please help me.
    Quote Originally Posted by minh-tuan View Post
    I use 700wx in Vietnam with an CDMA operator here. Whenever i try to set up a connection to their internet services, the screen prompt me: "your phone must be configured for Vision usage..."

How to get rid of it??

Please help me.
    is this a sprint 700wx or did you purchase it in Vietnam?

it sounds like a sprint phone. i didn't know you could hook it up with another carrier. did you get a unlock code? i would think that you would need to delete your current connection and set up a new one with the data connections in your area.
    I believe Sprint and Alltel are the only ones with a 700wx at this point, but Sprint is the only one with "Vision", so minh-tuan has a Sprint phone. It does not have to be unlocked to work on another carrier, but most US CDMA carriers won't allow a phone on their network that is not branded by them.

As far as getting rid of that message, I suspect Cody is right about setting up a new data connection with your carrier's settings and making it the default.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    It does not have to be unlocked to work on another carrier, but most US CDMA carriers won't allow a phone on their network that is not branded by them.

As far as getting rid of that message, I suspect Cody is right about setting up a new data connection with your carrier's settings and making it the default.
    You are right, my 700wx Sprint can work with the carrier here. I have removed all sprint connections. I have made a new data connection with our carrier's settings and set it the default. However whenever i have tried to connect, that message would appear and prompt me again.

I guess that in 700wx's Rom, there may be a sprint software which automatically run when we try to make any data connection.

If it is true, maybe the only way to get rid of it is to have a cooked Rom.
    You are right, my 700wx Sprint can work with the carrier here. I have removed all sprint connections. I have made a new data connection with our carrier's settings and set it the default. However whenever i have tried to connect, that message would appear and prompt me again.

I guess that in 700wx's Rom, there may be a sprint software which automatically run when we try to make any data connection.

If it is true, maybe the only way to get rid of it is to have a cooked Rom.
    i agree with the custom rom. there are no roms out yet though. i dont know much about cooking roms, but i was told that as soon as there is a wx rom update then others can start cooking new ones. i think it has to do with the rom loader.

anyhow good luck, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i agree with the custom rom. there are no roms out yet though. i dont know much about cooking roms, but i was told that as soon as there is a wx rom update then others can start cooking new ones. i think it has to do with the rom loader.

anyhow good luck, cody
    Thank for your new cody. If there is anyone else can cook it, i will be very happy
    Thank for your new cody. If there is anyone else can cook it, i will be very happy
    nothing agianst treocentral ( the best treo forum in the WORLD ), but any cooking will probablly come from xda-developers.com. at least the first ones will.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    This happened twice to me as a Sprint user on my wx. The configure for vision screen popped up, and the connection changed to sprint provisioning and then back to Power Vision. Also, I can't get CNN to go on my phone as it says it is forbidden. Anyone else have this problem?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123