Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I got this this morning. I am not in a rev a area. kansas city, missouri.

never saw it say "sprint provisioning".
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/07/2007 at 09:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Just got it this morning, but I'm in the middle of hard-reset, restoration from backup hell anyhow, so I thought it was related to that.
    I got this message too. The user name changed via connection manager, but if you go to ##data# there is my usual login username/password.
    I woke up to this message this morning. Did anyone think of the possibility that sprint is switching stuff up so they can track tethering?
    Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> PPC6700 --> Treo 700WX --> Treo 800W --> Pre.
    I was using my Treo at work last night and got the message. I said "not now" but it kept coming back. Letting it do it's thing now.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    Well, I was wondering if when I woke up this morning I'd see that update screen again, but I haven't, so I'm going on the assumption that if everything is still working, then whatever radio updates were made stuck, and the naming changes made no ill effects. Of course, I could be wrong, and my phone could crap out at any moment.
    END OF LINE
    I got the message last night at around 10pm while my treo was in it's case. I thought I accidentally pressed the on-demand icon while on a call (face hitting screen) up until I saw this thread. I pressed later on the screen and checked my internet settings just to make sure they're still the same, and they are. Wonder if I will get one today.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    also I noticed if you call *2 u should be prompted to stay on the line to complete update.....wonder what they are doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by doothedeww View Post
    I woke up to this message this morning. Did anyone think of the possibility that sprint is switching stuff up so they can track tethering?
    They've ALWAYS had the ability to track tethering only the ppc-6700 was completely exempt from this.

Getting pdanet was just a way to CYA.

Although, I have to yet to read about this on other Sprint devices (6700, 700p) unless anyone has seen other threads on this?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I've been getting this message on and off all day today.

PRL at 20225.

I even called *2 and let it run through the update as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    also I noticed if you call *2 u should be prompted to stay on the line to complete update.....wonder what they are doing?
    I noticed the same also when I called in. I hung up before anything could happen. I've already updated my PRL a few weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I had PRL 20222 before the Vision message. After resetting the radio at the end of the Vision setup, I now have PRL 20225. My account was flagged for a PRL update, but I was having some trouble actually getting it to update. Other than the PRL change, I do not notice any differences from before to after.
    I just got this about 10 minutes ago on my 700wx. I called the *2 and it automatically initiated a PRL Update to 20225. When it was doing the vision services setup, I noticed my connection was named "Sprint Provisioning". Now its back to the default name.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    So, has anyone figured out what exactly this update does?
    I just received this message this morning. Just for kicks, I fired up my connection card to check something. Sure enough, my Sierra 595 connected at Rev A speeds! Just 2 months ago my tower went EVDO. Now it's Rev A as of today! I think this message came on my Treo 700wx to do some sort of tower related reprovisioning as I already had the latest PRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I just got this about 10 minutes ago on my 700wx. I called the *2 and it automatically initiated a PRL Update to 20225. When it was doing the vision services setup, I noticed my connection was named "Sprint Provisioning". Now its back to the default name.
    So yours says "Power Vision" again? As it used to?

Because mine changed back after I monkeyed with the DNS settings, and I was worried I had loused something up... although I'm still connecting with no problems...

Has everyone's changed back from "Sprint Provisioning" to "Power Vision"?
    END OF LINE
    Mine also changed back to Power Vision. Although I deleted my connecting and soft reset to fix a problem so that might have changed it for me.
    mine never changed.
    cody - you haven't done any meddling with your system since then? Is that correct? Have you soft-reset since then?

I'm just curious why the change, and if it means anything at all...
    END OF LINE
    PRL is not updated over the data connection. This has nothing to do with PRL.

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I got this message tonight. I let it do its update and after it was done, my PRL was updated to 25.

My only concern is that all of our @sprintpcs.com email addresses will get closed out over the next few days... Hopefully this is just a name change as suggested above.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast