1.    #1  
    i just replaced my replacement phone and there is about oh about 800 texts i need to save is there any way i can save these.. im def not going to fwd each and every one to my email adresss any ideas?
    If you are using the Palm Messaging app you can save off the file \Windows\PalmMsgV001 and restore it on your replacement phone. I don't know if it's possible to do with your poutlook text messages. Maybe someone else knows.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    spb backup
  4.    #4  
    i have no idea what that is or the steps involved this is really important can u explain to me what to do so i can save my texts somehow either to a computer or to another phone memory card whatever please help
    Oh that's true. I've actually tried that recently. I had someone send me an spb backup of their phone and I restored it to mine and amazingly it worked without error and everything was there. So you can backup on one phone and restore to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by yonkers143 View Post
    i have no idea what that is or the steps involved this is really important can u explain to me what to do so i can save my texts somehow either to a computer or to another phone memory card whatever please help
    Spb backup is a backup program. Here's a link to their site:
    SPB BACKUP
    you can also try backing up and restoring ALL files in your /windows/messaging folder. all of thos garbled files are your email/messages
  8.    #8  
    i see it saves emails is anyone positive it saves text messages?

im assuming i would copy paste these files into my new phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Oh that's true. I've actually tried that recently. I had someone send me an spb backup of their phone and I restored it to mine and amazingly it worked without error and everything was there. So you can backup on one phone and restore to another.
    Thanks for this information. I've been using Sprite for a few years now and it only restored mail on my XV6600. I gave up on the idea with my 700w. I have a lot of text messages that I wanted to retain.

OT - I've been less than impressed with the restore results than I've been with the speed of the backup. My last restore required me to not only do a desktop restore for the PIM data but I needed to reinstall several apps because the registry wasn't copied over correctly.

It is time change backup programs. The Sprite developers don't seem to care much about their customers anyway.
    I know it restores the Palm Messaging text messages. I can't say for sure about the poutlook text messages. Someone that doesn't have the Palm Messaging app installed needs to try it.