Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm just curious. I read somewhere that Windows Mobile Treos were not intended to switch users from PalmOS, however I have the impression that there are many switchers here
    I'm one!

Been Palm OS for years but made the jump after the 650. Check my sig for my timeline.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    I switched from PalmOS to WM5 after my Treo 650.

As long as I waited for the 750, I am on the fence now between the 8525 and the Blackjack.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Planning on making the jump in the next few weeks once the Cingular 750 is available...hard to leave all the good PalmOS apps behind though so the WM app equivalency threads will be good to peruse and try out a bunch of stuff...if only POS could do UMTS/HSDPA...some day maybe...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Planning on making the jump in the next few weeks once the Cingular 750 is available...hard to leave all the good PalmOS apps behind though so the WM app equivalency threads will be good to peruse and try out a bunch of stuff...if only POS could do UMTS/HSDPA...some day maybe...
    Same here. I was especially afraid of missing Agendus, but happily Iambic is about to release the WM version
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Am I the only one using both? I have a long history of Palm devices, too (and the good old days of Sony Clie), and I started to buy WM devices during PPC2003, and I also bought couple of the Sharp Zaurus because running Linux on a small device is cool.

Nevertheless, I now have the Treo 680 and HTC TyTN in my hand, but curiously waiting for the reviews of the Cingular version of Treo 750.

But never own any Apple or Pison devices... Although I'd love to try because of their rave review...
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronchow View Post
    Am I the only one using both?
    No, I still the LifeDrive for websurfing at home. I have been using PalmOS for too long to get rid of it
    I was never a Palm OS guy. For me, it was all about form factor. The always-exposed Qwerty keyboard. Back then it was Palm OS over Blackberry (the only choice before qwerty began growing up) because of features.

But Windows Mobile has even more features, so I've been ready to jump since, forever. But I needed my form factor and at least the equivalent battery life. I almost jumped at the 700w but I knew the memory issue was a big problem. When the 700wx appeared, I jumped.

Loyalty to any OS is a silly thing, in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I love my T650...had it about 2 years (my first POS) and while it was suitable for the time being, i couldn't see growing with it in the next 2 years. So i made the switch to the 750 and am loving WM5.
    Been a Palm user since 1999, only switched to WM as I did not see myself going to the 680 from the 650, saw no further advancements in the Palm OS coming down the pipe, and figured it made sense now to get a 3G device, hence bought the 750. (Hey, I get a chance to use hence in a sentence)
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    Been a Palm user since 1999, only switched to WM as I did not see myself going to the 680 from the 650, saw no further advancements in the Palm OS coming down the pipe, and figured it made sense now to get a 3G device, hence bought the 750. (Hey, I get a chance to use hence in a sentence)
    Yes, the fact of watching PalmOS without any progress for years was also a heavy reason for me as well
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I just switched from a 650. Now I can't figure out how to move files from the sd card to my pc?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    I just switched from a 650. Now I can't figure out how to move files from the sd card to my pc?!?
    Simple as pie. Make sure you have Activesync installed on your PC and your Treo is recognized. Once the Treo is connected via AS, if you go to file explorer you should see an entry for "Mobile Device". You can navigate it just like a hard drive.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I will be switching once the Cingular 750 gets released.

I went from TREO 600 to 650 to 680 and NOW WAITING ON 750.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    I would expect most people with 750v's who post on here are ex PalmOS users as they would have joined prior to owning the 750v and therefore would have owned another Palm Treo. As the 750v is GSM only and there aren't any other WM5 GSM Treo's it would seem likely that they are ex 650 owners. The exceptions are those that have imported their 750v's and switched from Verizon or Sprint to Cingular or T-Mobile.
    Actually, I'm more concerned about where I'm going then where I've been. And frankly I think WM5 has some good points and some of the worst software I've seen also.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Actually, I'm more concerned about where I'm going then where I've been. And frankly I think WM5 has some good points and some of the worst software I've seen also.
    Can't be any worse than some of the garbage that's out there for POS. Sure Palm claims 15000+ applications - the majority of it being junk.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I don't disagree that most Palm OS apps are junk or worse. But I do feel that the best apps on Palm OS are better than their equivalents on WM5, especially in PIM functions. I've used (and bought) things like PI. It reminds me very much of a windows desktop app. Feature loaded with poor concentration on usability and UI. Yes, it's infinitely customizable but way too much for what you need 99% of the time. But there are some things I like on WM5, the contacts app in particular. And the new Agenda One software isn't too bad.

But right now I really want a device that can actually do what it promises without having to live with tons of little bugs and problems. I've been trying a Blackberry Pearl the past couple of days. Is it limited? Yes. But has it successfully done everything I've asked it to do? Yes. No stupid bluetooth problems, alarms not going off, tethering connections dropping like kites in the wind, just plain simple competent functioning. Can't say I'll keep in yet, but it's a breath of fresh air compared to all the problems I'd had with multiple Palm Treos in the past year.

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Can't be any worse than some of the garbage that's out there for POS. Sure Palm claims 15000+ applications - the majority of it being junk.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    @JGold- That doesn't seem to work as planned, I'm afraid. some files, when "dragged" over to my pc go and wind up in a new folder called Treo My Documents. I was thinking the same as you, just like a drive. But it doesn't seem to work all the time and wondering what I am doing wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337 View Post
    @JGold- That doesn't seem to work as planned, I'm afraid. some files, when "dragged" over to my pc go and wind up in a new folder called Treo My Documents. I was thinking the same as you, just like a drive. But it doesn't seem to work all the time and wondering what I am doing wrong.
    That's the Activesync folder. Whatever is in that folder will be sync'ed to and from your device. However, AS treats any Pocket PC device connect via AS as a "Mobile Device". If you go into file explorer, right mouse click on Mobile device and select "explore".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast