Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mail2Web's laggy service is beginning to tick me off. Does 4smartphone's service allow setting up the return address that emails are sent with similiar to Mail2Web? Also are there any other cheap providers that I should look at?

Thanks
    Laggy service? Are you sure mail2web is the problem, because I have no such misfortune
  3.    #3  
    Well nonexistant service actually, but its back up and working now.. They replied to my support ticket that some exchange servers were having problems. Appears to be fixed now though. I wouldnt worry too much about it, but this happened Saturday as well.
    I did have some trouble this morning for about 2 or 3 hours with the service having a tough time to connect if at all. It's fine now.

I notice this happens once every couple of months. It stinks when it happens but I chalk it up there with just routine maintenance/issues. I'm sure every Hosted Exchange has that once in awhile.

Other than that service is solid for me.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    i noticed this also today, i thought it was something with urkel (my 700wx) itself. but at around 2pm everything seemed fine
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    guess i spoke too soon. emails not getting pushed to urkel
    Last edited by nydog; 01/02/2007 at 07:42 PM.
    I was having problems yesterday too. It seems to be ok now though.

I was getting email that were sent at 7pm at 11pm last night.
  8.    #8  
    All is well in mail2web land..might get vgsmail and use fastmail.fm as imap backup if necessary.
    I like mail2web but for whatever reason, though recieving email (from mail2web and forwarded gmail messages) works perfectly, sending email takes a long time for the recipient to get.
  10.    #10  
    Yes ive actually noticed that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Mail2Web's laggy service is beginning to tick me off. Does 4smartphone's service allow setting up the return address that emails are sent with similiar to Mail2Web? Also are there any other cheap providers that I should look at?

Thanks
    4smartphone is the best thing that has happened to my 700w. better battery life and super fast speed.
  12.    #12  
    Does 4smartphone's xpress package allow different smtp address..ie make it seem as if email were coming from gmail?
    Yes, sending from 4smartphone shows gmail (or whatever acct you use) as the "from" address.. Love the service.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    have been using 4smartphone for past year. it's a good service, but I wish the Outlook Web Access was faster (online calendar, contacts, navigation through this is super slow)...but works well.
    TRGpro --> Handera 330 --> SideKick I --> HP iPAQ H4355 (stolen) --> Navman PiN --> Treo 700w
    is it possible with mail2web to have email be sent from gmail ? I have my gmail forwarded to my mail2web account, and would like people to see my gmail adress when they recieve mail that I send.
  16.    #16  
    yes as long as you sigh up for the $1.99 plan.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Yes, sending from 4smartphone shows gmail (or whatever acct you use) as the "from" address.. Love the service.
    My wife and I very much like 4smartphone as well. I initially had a problem with my Sprint Q with the email not arriving immediately, but I realized the problem was me not fully deleting the prior mail2web activesync settings. So I hard reset (master reset) the Q and then re-entered the Activesync settings for 4smartphone. Now everything is working perfectly!
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    seems like i'm having problems again with mail2web. is anyone else having problems?
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I just tried a soft reset to see if it was an issue with urkel. no dice. so i'm guessing its mail2web.....again
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by nydog View Post
    I just tried a soft reset to see if it was an issue with urkel. no dice. so i'm guessing its mail2web.....again
    Yup..thats why i switched to 4smartphone.. seems its service works a lot better although it is also more pricy
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast