Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    i'm gonna look into 4smartphone.

seem like mail2web is working again. they could at least send out an email if they're gonna be doing maintenance
    Last edited by nydog; 02/12/2007 at 09:42 AM.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Yup..thats why i switched to 4smartphone.. seems its service works a lot better although it is also more pricy
    Volwrath -

You get what you pay for

I am happy to pay extra for 4smartphone as it is always up and always pushing email, calendar and contract revisions.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    My wife & I both have 4smartphone accounts. Using it has made both of lives that much easier. I highly recommend 4smartphone. Their tech support can be a bit abrupt and rude, however.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    haven't been having any issues with it that I've noticed. Odd...
    For all you mail2web users. Do you have the sms option enabled for activesync? Does that option exist? I set my activesync to notify me as items arrive but it seems like sometimes its takes 30 mins before it'll actually sync again. I heard the sms option will tell you instantly once mail arrives.
    How well do they work when you check your email on the road from a laptop, using their online sign-in? I signed up but haven't really used it properly yet.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I signed up with 4smartphone. i"ll give it the 15 day trial. so far it seems good but i dont like having to sign up for a year.
    If you have WM5, there's no reason to use the SMS notification for Exchange. Push capability is built in, and is theoretically faster than SMS. The only problem is mail2web experiences delays from time to time.

Their Outlook Web Access is actually very nice. Just like any Exchange OWA service. Looks and feels just like a desktop Outlook.

If people want a full solution like 4smartphone, but think it's too expensive, I'd suggest checking out sherweb.com. $9/mo for 1.25GB of space, full Outlook synchronization, free copy of Outlook, no contract, etc.
  9.    #29  
    4Smartphone has all the sudden become crap for me. What is it with the push email providers? Half the time on 4Smartphone I end up getting a network busy problem and emails were 30 mins delayed. Not very impressive on the 4th day of my trial. Personally I find it pathetic that the push email services suck so bad.

Sooo I switched to VGS Mail along with fastmail, and just as in the ole 650 days, it smokes the competition. Badly. One prob. with it, is I think it will run down my battery longer. Suppose I will now pay $22.00 for a software product that is no longer supported..and then use mail2web's free option as a backup.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    4Smartphone has all the sudden become crap for me. What is it with the push email providers? Half the time on 4Smartphone I end up getting a network busy problem and emails were 30 mins delayed. Not very impressive on the 4th day of my trial. Personally I find it pathetic that the push email services suck so bad.

Sooo I switched to VGS Mail along with fastmail, and just as in the ole 650 days, it smokes the competition. Badly. One prob. with it, is I think it will run down my battery longer. Suppose I will now pay $22.00 for a software product that is no longer supported..and then use mail2web's free option as a backup.

Perhaps, you have 4smartphone configured incorrectly? I don't ever have a delay in receiving email.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    How well do they work when you check your email on the road from a laptop, using their online sign-in? I signed up but haven't really used it properly yet.
    Who? 4smartphone? Using OWA? If that is what your question refers to then I do not have any problems whatsoever using OWA from my TabletPC.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    If you have WM5, there's no reason to use the SMS notification for Exchange. Push capability is built in, and is theoretically faster than SMS. The only problem is mail2web experiences delays from time to time.

Their Outlook Web Access is actually very nice. Just like any Exchange OWA service. Looks and feels just like a desktop Outlook.

If people want a full solution like 4smartphone, but think it's too expensive, I'd suggest checking out sherweb.com. $9/mo for 1.25GB of space, full Outlook synchronization, free copy of Outlook, no contract, etc.

Umm, 4smartphone is only $85 per year while your recommended service, Sherweb.com, is $108 per year.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Perhaps, you have 4smartphone configured incorrectly? I don't ever have a delay in receiving email.
    Dont think so. It worked fine for the first week of my trial except in the morning it would not sync with an error message server too busy. I was on the $3.99/mo plan. Today emails came in 30+ mins late.

VGSmail otoh appears to be working fine.. but only been running it a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Umm, 4smartphone is only $85 per year while your recommended service, Sherweb.com, is $108 per year.
    Huh, you're right. I thought it was more expensive. My bad.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    i tried 4smartphone for the trail period, but i'm now back the mail2web to really compare the two. one thing i have noticed, and i didnt think about it until today, my battery life was terrible with 4smartphone. i was thinking it was a problem with the battery, but battery life is what it use to be now that i'm back on mail2web.

is this possible?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nydog View Post
    i tried 4smartphone for the trail period, but i'm now back the mail2web to really compare the two. one thing i have noticed, and i didnt think about it until today, my battery life was terrible with 4smartphone. i was thinking it was a problem with the battery, but battery life is what it use to be now that i'm back on mail2web.

is this possible?
    Maybe you had your PDA-phone sync too often?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I was under the impression the phone would only sync when a message was coming in, being sent or if there was a change to my contacts, calender or task
  18. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    When sending emails,my messages aren't kept in the sent folder. I have mail2web & none of my sent messages are stored anywhere in outlook. I've gone into the options & checked keep sent messages but it still doesn't work. Anyone know a fix?
    Did you go into the folders setup and select it? In Outlook: Menu | Tools | Manage Folders | checkbox for Sent Items...
  20. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    No,I didn't have that checked. Hopefully this will resolve it. Thanks a lot.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast