1.    #1  
    This is a rant about Palm's shoddy bluetooth implementations. If not interested, please skip.

This is primarily for the 750v, but I've used the 750v, 700wx, 700w, 700p, and 650 GSM models. None of these really work correctly with many bluetooth devices. I'm really, really tired of Palm's excuses (it's a standard problem, we only have so many devices to test, boo hoo!).

As I've stated in other threads, the 750v has been driving me crazy with working with my car. For the record, the 700w and 700wx are even worse, the 700p kind of works but doesn't update the signal strength correctly and gives the wrong id often on incoming calls, the 680 works a little better than the 700p, and the 650 probably worked the best of any Palm.

I picked up a Blackberry Pearl last night to test. The Pearl has it's own strengths and weaknesses, but man the bluetooth puts any Treo to shame. It just works. Instant great connection, real-time signal strength updating, strong audio strength, no problems at all.

Palm look in the mirror for your problems. Every Palm device I've had I wanted to love but they've all had anywhere from a few to many little bugs that just drive you crazy. Blackberry had their best quarter yet. There must be a reason. How about new products without massive bugs? Geez, I just so tired of the shoddy execution problems with Palm, most of all around bluetooth. Fix bugs! Then add features! Then you will be making money and sales, it's a pretty simple formula Palm!

Sorry about the rant, but it's just amazing when you pick up a product that just does what it's supposed to do.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    I hear ya. My friend has an 07 BMW, and his i730 (which has its own independent OBEX profile) works FLAWLESSLY with it. His wife's 700w only syncs speed dials I believe, or whatever the case is. The wx has BT dropout, which thankfully was fixed w/the 750 (so far).

I actually went back to using my 8525/TyTn most of the time now. TenGo Thumb has helped usability immensely, and the scroll wheel had already improved one-handed use also. I have heard the 8525 also has its bluetooth issues w/vehicles, but I haven't tested yet.

I keep getting the DSOD every morning on the 750. I have a reminder, and alarmclock program wake me up at 800AM, so they may conflict. This never happened w/the wx.
  3.    #3  
    I've been trying to use the 750v as a morning alarm and sometimes it goes off and sometimes it doesn't. I've troubleshot it until my eyes bleed, tried every combination, hard reset, etc.. Doesn't matter, it's completely unpredictable if it will go off or not. I've never had a problem during the day, but morning alarms are just plain voodoo with this thing. Never had this kind of problem on a 650 or 700p.

I tried an HTC TyTN many months ago and it's bluetooth didn't work too well so I didn't pursue it. I've seen postings by people though that indicate the 8525 is much better at bluetooth compatiblity. I really want to love the 750, but the little problems are really driving me crazy. Just this week it seems to have started loosing the signal when the GSM signal is very low in places where it used to work.
    I wonder if the alarm is not coming on due to problems powering on after a deep suspend. I know I had issues powering on at times until I applied the active sync fix. Have you tried that?

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...8&page=1&pp=20
    I use mail2web, so I already have an exchange server set up. Can't use that fix, although I used to.

It's funny, I have had issues with this thing since day 1 (most minor, just the DSOD) and have been trying to find a happy medium since. The only reason I never gave up was because you (bcaslis) told me you had no issues. And I knew my wx IN AND OUT!

I agree, it definitely is a wakeup issue, perhaps because I have two notifications at the same time. I have changed the tmes they go off to a minute apart to see if it helps.

bcaslis, I do not use the built-in alarm, I use the "green software alarmclock " freeware. It duplicates with my calendar reminder.
  6.    #6  
    No I haven't tried that. I've followed the directions and see what it does tomorrow. But honestly, if you have to do something like this to get an alarm to go off properly then it's a very basic flaw in Windows Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I wonder if the alarm is not coming on due to problems powering on after a deep suspend. I know I had issues powering on at times until I applied the active sync fix. Have you tried that?

http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showt...8&page=1&pp=20
  7.    #7  
    I don't think I've said I have no issues, just not some specific issues asked about.

As far as the alarm, I've tried the built-in alarm, SPB Time, and pTravelAlarm. I like pTravelAlarm the most, but all suffer from the same device problem in that alarms don't go off in the morning sometimes. I've resorted to removing most programs and using the built-in alarm while trying to find the source.

I don't use an exchange server, so I'm try the proposed fix to see if it makes any difference. But to be honest, I'm not hopeful. I make sure ActiveSync isn't running at night, and I've not noticed it running on mornings I've remembered to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    I use mail2web, so I already have an exchange server set up. Can't use that fix, although I used to.

It's funny, I have had issues with this thing since day 1 (most minor, just the DSOD) and have been trying to find a happy medium since. The only reason I never gave up was because you (bcaslis) told me you had no issues. And I knew my wx IN AND OUT!

I agree, it definitely is a wakeup issue, perhaps because I have two notifications at the same time. I have changed the tmes they go off to a minute apart to see if it helps.

bcaslis, I do not use the built-in alarm, I use the "green software alarmclock " freeware. It duplicates with my calendar reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I've been trying to use the 750v as a morning alarm and sometimes it goes off and sometimes it doesn't. I've troubleshot it until my eyes bleed, tried every combination, hard reset, etc.. Doesn't matter, it's completely unpredictable if it will go off or not. I've never had a problem during the day, but morning alarms are just plain voodoo with this thing. Never had this kind of problem on a 650 or 700p.
    Have you checked to see if your notification database is loaded with dupes? Dupe notifications have been known to cause alarms to be unreliable. There can be many reasons why dupe notifications are created, many which are misbehaving apps. On the stock KJAM, sddaemon was known to create dupe notifications on a soft reset.

Check the notification database to see what's going on.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    MemMaid was the first thing I did, to no avail. Good thinking though, I thought the same exact thing the first time it happened
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    MemMaid was the first thing I did, to no avail. Good thinking though, I thought the same exact thing the first time it happened
    As good an app as MemMaid is, sometimes it doesn't catch everything. I have seen SKTools catch and clean items that MemMaid reported as fine.

Just an observation.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    As good an app as MemMaid is, sometimes it doesn't catch everything. I have seen SKTools catch and clean items that MemMaid reported as fine.

Just an observation.
    I must disagree--Joke

Cheers
    Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I must disagree--Joke

Cheers
    Phil C
    Right back at 'cha Phil.