1.    #1  
    i have had the sms app for quiet some time works great...on my today screen iv always had inbox and messaging....about a week ago this error occured where a pop up came n said messageapp error n whatever so after that my today screen has the text messaging which says no unread text messages n then the email envelope icon for email but it says text messages" 1 unread and when i click that it goes to my text as well NOT email...and there is NO unread text message iv tried evrything i cant make this go away iv even tried a restore but i dont wanna go thru the hassle of hard reset n partial restore to install the sms app again i have too many things id loose...can someone help
    The only solution other than a hard reset is to download spb diary and install it temporarily. Once installed there will be an envelope icon on the today screen that lists mail and text messages from poutlook including the one that you can't get at. By viewing it in spb diary it will reset the unread flag. Uninstall spb diary and you should be all set.
  3.    #3  
    right but the issue is that its showing text message on both eamil icon nad text icon and takes both to text messages....the email one doesnt even go to emial....so its not about the one unread but more about how it goes to text on both
    Hannip,

What if someone were to find the registry key that dictates the flag and change it?

Of course, this assumes that this is controlled by a registry key.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    right but the issue is that its showing text message on both eamil icon nad text icon and takes both to text messages....the email one doesnt even go to emial....so its not about the one unread but more about how it goes to text on both
    It's going to the Palm Messaging app in both cases right? That is WAD ( working as designed ). Follow my instructions in my previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by M1A1D View Post
    Hannip,

What if someone were to find the registry key that dictates the flag and change it?

Of course, this assumes that this is controlled by a registry key.
    I'm pretty sure that the unread count is based on info in cemail.vol. cemail.vol is locked up tight. You can't rename or delete it. We'd need a program that modifies it using a permitted API to read the leaked text message.
    I know this thread is somewhat old, but I was trying to find a solution because I ran across the same problem. (Have threaded SMS and didn't have any problems until yesterday when I had Text Messages Unread: 1, appear up near my email. However where it normally shows my texts it says no unread text messages.

I downloaded the SPB Diary and that is also showing no text messages in my folder.. Has anyone made any progress on this in the last few months? Thanks for any info!

Matt

EDIT: I did try the SPB Diary like I mentioned & it showed no unread text messages. I uninstalled SPB and now it is still showing an unread text message again along with no unread email. Further it shows no unread text messages below.
    Last edited by xMattx; 07/02/2007 at 11:28 AM.
    Matt, I'm having the same trouble. I'm not feeling a hard reset since I have a LOT of apps to reinstall.
    I'm having the same problem as well, it was working great, now after a week it's showing 2-unread messages but none are there....anyone have a clue as 2 how it can be fixed other than Spb Diary...which is not working.....
    2 B 1 A S K 1
    It happens to me every once and a while..

I just run this program:
    http://www.freewareppc.com/communica...eadcount.shtml

And soft reset the phone and voila, no more 1 unread txt msg!
    If you install a felxmail trial it should let you access the sms database and delete that message also.
    I have the 700w with the same problem. However mine goes a bit deeper. Occasionally it'll just stop receiving texts and won't work until I do a soft reset. Unfortunately the only way I know this is happening is if I notice I haven't had any texts in a while. Basically if someone sends me a text while this is happening... I'll never get it and will never know they sent it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by adster View Post
    It happens to me every once and a while..

I just run this program:
    http://www.freewareppc.com/communica...eadcount.shtml

And soft reset the phone and voila, no more 1 unread txt msg!
    That 1 unread text message has been bugging me for 6 months. The IT people at work told me it was a WM issue that I'd have to get into the registry to fix. It's gone now, thanks!
    Last edited by treo dOOd; 01/20/2008 at 06:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Argh. the fixunreadcount doesn't seem to work for me. I've closed everything, ran the application (from within the treo) and then reloaded both the sms threaded app and the inbox app, and the 1 text message message still appears! I've tried soft-resetting after running the fixunreadcount app as well, and the message still shows up. Am I doing something wrong?
    Former owner of... Kyocera 7135, Samsung SCH-i730...

Current owner of... Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    UPDATE: Just fixed this finally. Apparently a text message was still being sent to the original text message inbox (I have the Threaded SMS application installed) and you can't access that. However, I found a way to do so. If you have a registry editor go to:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSAvailable = 1

Change the value to "0" and then the next time you open your pOutlook inbox and hit left or right, you'll now see your original Text Message inbox, and you can then proceed to delete whatever text message got stuck there.

ThaiBruin: THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This has been annoying me for some time now. I also didn't purge my inbox before I installed the threaded app tool and every time Messaging would kick off for the first time, I would get 10 new messages from my old application. FYI - I had 1,330 old text messages, so it would have been a long time before it cleared itself up!
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I would also suggest changing the registry key back to "1" after you've cleared out your messages. I left it alone, and random new text messages would go into that box. So once I disabled it again, messages go to my Threaded SMS inbox exclusively (for now).

So there are two related issues here. The first is the one that takes place if you HAVE NOT updated your phone with the software update that T-Mobile released to version 1.11.531.5. This is when your Shadow shows “-1 Unread” (notice the negative 1) message on the Today screen. The simple fix for that is that you update your Shadow to the new version by visiting http://www.t-mobileshadow.com/update.asp.

The other issue that occurs if you HAVE updated to version 1.11.531.5. This is when your Shadow shows “1 Unread” (notice no negative) message on the Today screen. This issue is related to MMS messages that have been read but do not show as read. The fix that I have found to this, which for me personally has worked 100% of the time, is that you simply send yourself a picture message (MMS). After the message has been sent. While you’re waiting for it to come back go into your text messages and read the first one. Stay in the message screen and wait for the MMS to be delivered. Once it’s been delivered and you see the “New Message” indicator at the top of the screen, scroll left once. This should now display the MMS that you just sent yourself. Now go back to the Today screen. Voila! No more “phantom” unread message! I'm curious to know if this works for other people too.