Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Happy New Year everyone.

When I hit my Option + Send buttons it should, by default, open Pocket IE but instead I am getting the error entitled Shortcut Target with the body "Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename". I can open IE like normal through the Start menu but I would rather fix the shortcut strokes. This has happened on 3 separate occasions when playing around with hacks then I do a hard reset, sync my data, install some programs then one or more of my shortcuts don't work. Is there a fix for this b/c I would rather not perform another hard reset if I don't have to. Thanks.
    This was happening to me. I ended up re-mapping IE to the option-start button and using the option-send for something else. Never did figure it out, but it works this way all the time, so I just didn't think much about it anymore.
    END OF LINE
    The registry entries that define this are:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C3]
    "ResetCmd"="\"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Internet Explorer.lnk\""
    "ResetFlags"=dword:00000000
    "Icon"="\\windows\\iexplore.exe,-1001"
    "Name"="Option + Send"
    @="\"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Internet Explorer.lnk\""
    "Flags"=dword:00000000

If for some reason the shortcut was renamed to something else it would cause the problem you are seeing.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The registry entries that define this are:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Keys\40C3]
    "ResetCmd"="\"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Internet Explorer.lnk\""
    "ResetFlags"=dword:00000000
    "Icon"="\\windows\\iexplore.exe,-1001"
    "Name"="Option + Send"
    @="\"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Internet Explorer.lnk\""
    "Flags"=dword:00000000

If for some reason the shortcut was renamed to something else it would cause the problem you are seeing.
    Thanks Hannip - that did the trick - I had to change the @="\"\\Windows\\Start Menu\\Internet Explorer.lnk\ to show the file was located in the @="\"\\Windows\\Start Menu\Programs\Internet Explorer.lnk\. Once I did that it became functional again.