Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I have been noticing a strange behaviour on the battery of the Treo 750v: one day I end the day with 80%, the next day with a 10% and another day with a 5% even though I charged it twice that day. I have done a bit of investigation to find out what drains the battery, always considering that the battery itself is not defective. These are my conclusions:

- Having the bluetooth on all day is a must for me and i have not made any test switching it off

- What I have found to be a battery drainer is having the UMTS connected on the whole day (the U with the arrays below). It's a pity because I'd like to have Skype working all day.

- Switching the network search from automatic to manual does help a bit, but I am not pretty sure of this

- I have the brightness set to 60-70%, and even though I am sure I'd get more battery life decreasing it, I am not willing to lose the brightness for this

- I charge the Treo the whole night and I have set SPB Backup to reset while charging. I think this helps to recalibrate the battery

I have found a nice 70-80% of battery charge at the end of the day but disconnecting manually the UMTS right after using it and making several phone calls and mail checkings. Hope it will help.

Happy new year!!
    Hi, I don't encounter the same problem with my Palm device. While I am searching a backup solution for my device. I notice you are using SPB Backup for your Palm, just wondering why you don't want to use Sprite Backup, as far as I know, Sprite Backup is free for all Palm users and I also want to give it a try. Hopefully I can get some more information here about Sprite Backup and also the difference between SPB Backup.

Happy new years!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I chose SPB because I love all their programs and because it was well rated at Pocketgear

As an update, I confirm that the UMTS connection is a battery drainer even though it is idle
    the biggest power drainer in your setup is bluetooth...that will eat power for breakfast lunch dinner and a midnight snack

happy new year as well
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    the biggest power drainer in your setup is bluetooth...that will eat power for breakfast lunch dinner and a midnight snack

happy new year as well
    Yeah, but I absolutely need it for my handsfree