1.    #1  
    When I am on a call and get the voicemail notification from a second call that I chose not to answer, the screen goes blank and I can't hear the original caller and they can't hear me. I have to push the red call end button to get the screen to come back, then push the menu button and select speakerphone to get the call back. This happens about 75% of the time. I have tried turning off notifications for missed call and voicemail (both display message and play sound). I am not hitting any buttons or accidently causing it to happen. Verizon has no idea what is causing it and they have actually replaced my phone twice now. They have talked to Palm who had no ideas. On the last two 700W's I have had no add on software. They are plain, vanilla Treo's and still "auto-mute" about 75% of the time when I get a second incoming call. I can't believe I have had 3 phones that all do this. I am a long time reader of these forums and hope someone has an idea for me.
    I am from Bangladesh. Facing same problem here. It is a verizon phone used in Citycell Phones (operator: Pacific Bangladesh telecom Ltd.). Pls post if there any solution.
    bangladesh is a cool word!

welcome!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I had same thing happen to my uncle who had 700W, and this is what I did to get that fixed. You need three phones to start with. Yours, and two other phone. Your phone is A, second phone is B, third is C

1. Have B call A and leave a voice message.
    2. A should call your VM and check the message and delete it.
    3. Start making some calls from B to A
    4. While B and A are connected, have C call A
    5. When C hears A's voice mail prompt, tab the screen on A, and the phone won't disconnect itself.
    6. Disconnect C
    7. Disconnect B
    8. Call A from B
    9. When A and B are connected, call A from C, and make sure that it doesn't get disconnected any more.

It seems pretty odd, but trust me, this is how I fixed the problem.
  5.    #5  
    As crazy as your idea sounds I am more than willing to try it. Thank you very much for responding. As soon as I am back in the U.S. I will give it a shot and let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanlee View Post
    I had same thing happen to my uncle who had 700W, and this is what I did to get that fixed. You need three phones to start with. Yours, and two other phone. Your phone is A, second phone is B, third is C

1. Have B call A and leave a voice message.
    2. A should call your VM and check the message and delete it.
    3. Start making some calls from B to A
    4. While B and A are connected, have C call A
    5. When C hears A's voice mail prompt, tab the screen on A, and the phone won't disconnect itself.
    6. Disconnect C
    7. Disconnect B
    8. Call A from B
    9. When A and B are connected, call A from C, and make sure that it doesn't get disconnected any more.

It seems pretty odd, but trust me, this is how I fixed the problem.
    Are you kidding me? I don't know what posessed you to try such a crazy method but it actually fixed the problem...for now. Anyway...bryanlee...you rule the world. That was one of the most annoying things about my phone and for now...keep the fingers crossed...it is no more.

Thanks,

Chardho