1.    #1  
    I've been using Verizons 700W in Queens, NY area for a couple of months now. I ordered 700WX from Sprint for my wife after hearing about SERO plan, and got the phone today via Fed-Ex.

While I was setting 700WX up, one thing I noticed was it's page load speed on internet explorer. I mean it's night and day from 700W from Verizon.

I've speed tested both phones numerous times on www.dslreports.com and Verizon comes up top on speed testing, getting around 730kb ish, while Sprint is getting 450 ish. I'm guessing the load speed must be depended on the memory.

Here's a question for Sprint users. Does Sprint offer Wireless Sync like Verizon does? If it does, is it free?
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    To answer your question, Sprint offers PCS Business Connection as its answer to Verizon Wireless Synch. You can find it here: http://www.sprintpcs.com/bizcon.html

There's not much love for it on this board, a lot of users here prefer 4SmartPhone.net, etc. but I use the Sprint offering because it's free.

Welcome to Sprint; I'd be interested in reading your take on Sprint vs Verizon 90 days down the road.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info!

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post

I've speed tested both phones numerous times on www.dslreports.com and Verizon comes up top on speed testing, getting around 730kb ish, while Sprint is getting 450 ish. I'm guessing the load speed must be depended on the memory
    Ive heard Sprints service is pretty scrappy in NY.

Phil C
    i thought there was a monthly charge for the business connection service.
    BC is $15/mo on Sprint - if you have it for free, then you have a special deal.
    Hope that you enjoy it
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I would definitely love your Sprint vs Verizon report as well
    I live in Westchester County, NY.
    Queens is not that far at all
  9.    #9  
    Update on wireless sync by Sprint is that the first month is free, but 15 dollars a month after the first, so I just called and cancelled it. Funny thing was I didn't even see 700WX on the add device on the site.

I tested speed using slingbox and it's stable in my area giving out 30 frames/sec, at around 3-400kb.

DSL reports speed tests are always slower than Verizon though (around 150kb less than Verizon)

One other thing that blows for me is that I'll need to buy another slingmobile for the new phone.

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    BC is $15/mo on Sprint - if you have it for free, then you have a special deal.
    I believe PCS Business Connection comes free with business accounts, but there is a monthly charge for personal accounts.

I just set up Slingbox also, and it's great - but it is a rip that they charge for the Sling Mobile player.
  11.    #11  
    Tell me about it. I bought 2 Mobile Players. One for 700W, one for 700WX. It's not like you can watch it at same time niether. It is a huge ripoff.

Love both
    How does the 700wx handle slingbox connections? Im thinking of getting the cheapest slingbox for my basic cable.
  13.    #13  
    Same as 700W. Max download speed I seen on both are around 400kb when I stay on one spot.

Love both
  14.    #14  
    Update on Slingmobile w/ 700WX.

I'm VERY impressed w/ performance of Sprint network. I just came for Circuitcity (8 miles round trip?) and had Sling on the whole trip. WX didn't slow down/cut off once. The slowdown/cut off happens w/ my 700W from Verizon alot specially when I'm on the move/or in moving traffic. It tends to go ED to 1x network, and I'm not sure if it's due to small memory bottlenecking the high speed network.

Average kbps on on status on my Verizon 700W when I'm on the move is not steady at all, it's around 100 to 400 mark, but in lower mark more often than the higher.

Sprint's 700WX was on 200-400kbps mark usually running on 300-400. So far I'm very pleased w/ it.

Kilim, if there's a good reason to get a phone, get it while SERO lasts. I think today is the last day for sign up.

Love both