1.    #1  
    lost my wx couple days ago. spent couple of days looking for it. ended
    up deactivated it last night. ordered new phone from insurance. called
    insurance saying i found old one and not to send new one(hadnt been
    shipped yet) they said now i have to take new one send old one back
    eat $50

sound right?
    why would you have to send it back anyways. the 50 covered it. I say keep it.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    even if you keep it you can't activate it ever again. just spare parts now.
    It's not about he can't activate the phone. It's that he paid for the phone and shouldn't have to return anything back to anyone.

Love both
    I agree w/Achilles.

I understand why Sprint has their policies about activating phones but it is a shame

My mom's 650 got a pin-size hole in the screen and VZW gave her a brand new 700p for free because they claim to not have any 650 replacements. My brother-in-law just activated her old phone and loves it. Of course the contract was extended another 2 years but we can sell both phones for more than the $175 ETF.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamie View Post
    lost my wx couple days ago. spent couple of days looking for it. ended
    up deactivated it last night. ordered new phone from insurance. called
    insurance saying i found old one and not to send new one(hadnt been
    shipped yet) they said now i have to take new one send old one back
    eat $50

sound right?
    A little bit of advice... You NEVER find your old phone, even if you do. You really didn't find it, it's lost. Even if you find a phone that resembled your old phone, it wasn't your phone. It just looked like it and you keep it for parts, battery, etc...

The insurance companies don't really care anymore, that's why you pay fifty dollars rather than the old fifteen dollars 10 years ago. They are much more relaxed on what happened to it also. They used to actually require a police report # also. You can tend to predict that # also because they don't care about that also. I believe I am a HUGE reason the deductible went up so much. I end up losing about 3 phones every calendar year. I have a feeling I am about to lose my treo 700wx in about a month or so. It happens, you know... Someone might steal it because of the scratch on the screen. Or I might just happen to lose it and if I do find a Treo 700wx that resembled my old one, I'd keep it for parts because I would forget that I lost my old one. If I did remember that I lost my old phone, I'd think I was going crazy because I never lost it. Or did I? It's not a lie if you believe it...

I'm just blowing smoke up your a$$... Don't take me seriously. Or should you? I would... maybe.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I think my VZW 700w is due to get lost when the VZW 700wx gets released in a month ...
    Too late for me for VZW, but I did get insurance for Sprint.

Love both
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    Too late for me for VZW, but I did get insurance for Sprint.
    I can still get the Full insurance with your VZW Treo I belive.
    Just contact VZW CSR or do it online
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    I think my VZW 700w is due to get lost when the VZW 700wx gets released in a month ...
    There you go!

They just switched to Lockline and we are allowed to lose 3 per year now.
    I can still get the Full insurance with your VZW Treo I belive.
    Just contact VZW CSR or do it online
    I tried. CSR told me it had to be done w/in 15 days of the purchased date, so I couldn't get it.

Love both
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSO View Post
    There you go!

They just switched to Lockline and we are allowed to lose 3 per year now.
    Last I checked you are allowed the following with the VZW Insurance:

Does Verizon Wireless offer Wireless Phone Protection against lost, stolen or damaged equipment?

Yes, this coverage is provided by third-party licensed insurance companies (Asurion or lock\line). If your phone is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, report your claim within 60 days and the phone will be replaced. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

* $4.99 per month per phone.

* $50 Non-refundable deductible per approved claim (to be made payable to Asurion or lock\line at the time of the claim).

* There is a 2-Claim limit in any 12-month period (beginning with the date of the first loss).

* $1500 claim limit (inclusive of a $200 accessory limit).
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/31/2006 at 07:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Last I checked you are allowed the following with the VZW Insurance:

Does Verizon Wireless offer Wireless Phone Protection against lost, stolen or damaged equipment?

Yes, this coverage is provided by third-party licensed insurance companies (Asurion or lock\line). If your phone is lost, stolen or accidentally damaged, report your claim within 60 days and the phone will be replaced. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

* $4.99 per month per phone.

* $50 Non-refundable deductible per approved claim (to be made payable to Asurion or lock\line at the time of the claim).

* There is a 2-Claim limit in any 12-month period (beginning with the date of the first loss).

* $1500 claim limit (inclusive of a $200 accessory limit).
    I have Sprint, sorry. That's just another reason Verizon sucks... I do love using their wonderful signal all the time though when Sprint isn't available (which is a lot but I save 100 per month not using Verizon).
    I have the insurance but I've never had to actually use it since I've never lost my phone. If my phone acts crazy, VZW just sends me new or refurbished one. They even send me another if I cause the damage -- as in the case of my Mom. I've never had to go through the insurance company or pay a deductible.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    I have the insurance but I've never had to actually use it since I've never lost my phone. If my phone acts crazy, VZW just sends me new or refurbished one. They even send me another if I cause the damage -- as in the case of my Mom. I've never had to go through the insurance company or pay a deductible.
    Whoa... You got some pull.
    You can reactivate your old phone! I know this for a FACT.