Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Anyone using a WX on Verizon?

For the people that don't know... there was a law passed that said all phones can be unlocked. Meaning you should be able to put it on Verizon.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    It still wont help you take a phone from sprint to verizon. The law you are referring to allows phones that are sim card based to be (in some cases) moved from and to carriers like cingular or tmobile.
    that's what I don't understand. what does a sim card have to do with it? subsidy lock or not. all or none.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I thought it referred to CDMA as well... darn. WTF then... I can't imagine Palm is still manufacturing the W. That would be silly.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    I don't know about that law referenced in the OP but I do know that Verizon and Sprint keep a detailed database of phone serial numbers and do not allow a phone bought on the other network to be activated on their own network.

e2chris...isn't Palm still making the 650 even though the 700p is out? I'm with you, I don't understand why the 700w would still be in production except that Verizon committed to selling a certain number of them over the life of the product in order to get the exclusivity deal.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)