Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Before getting my 750v I was also considering the T-Mobile Dash. Both devices offer me what I look for on a smartphone and look pretty similar. Besides, the Dash has wifi and a quite decent battery.
    Now that I have checked by myself that the battery on the Treo is not enough for a heavy user like me, I am again considering the option of going for the Dash. On the other hand, I just LOVE the Treo and this is what is refraining me to change
    What do you think?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Depends on what your needs are.
    Keep in mind Dash is a WM5 Smartphone (no stylus), Treo is a WM5 Pocket PC. Most WM5 applications are for one or the other.
    Dash has Edge and wireless, not as many applications available.
    Treo has UMTS and future HSDPA, no need for wireless, and lots of apps.
    I have and like both for their respective strenghts. However, I keep the Treo with me most of the time for the applications and UMTS.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Yup, the fact of not having a stylus is also one of the reasons I chose the Treo. As for the UMTS, at first I really didn't mind (I could make do with GPRS for emails) but now I just love it
    I have to have a touchscreen: one Treo 750 for me please.

I wish the Treo 750 had WiFi (Dash & 8525) and a jogdial (Blackberry & 8525).
    I had a Dash and tried a 750v and went back to the Dash after a week. The Treo has the better keyboard and is a fantastic device. I almost never had to pull out the stylus and hated when I did. Dash is much more pocketable because of its size, has a better screen (brighter and higher resolution), and is Smartphone Edition. Wifi was a plus but I don't use it. Tmobile is only Edge so I couldn't take advantage of the speeds on the Treo. The Dash had a certain feel and usability that won me over. All the apps I used on Pocket PC can be had on Smartphone. (that tells you I don't use too many) Live Search is incredible on both devices, but you see more on the Dash's screen. I have nothing against the Treo. It would have been a keeper if the Dash wasn't there tempting me back. Somehow the 750v did not feel like a big step up from my beloved 650 but the Dash does.
    I am having a similar debate myself with Blackjack and the Treo 750.

The Treo has a touch screen.

The Dash/ Blackjack have much better screen resolution.

At the current time I am leaning toward getting the better screen resolution.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    My last MS Smartphone was the MPx200. I HATED that phone! Since then I have owned afew Treo 650s, many different Pocket PC phones, and not a single Smartphone. When the Dash was introduced I didn't even consider it an option. However, I should have paid attention, and when I got the chance to use a Blackjack instead I took the opportunity. It is now my main phone. I got rid of the iPAQ 6915, Treo 680, and the 8700g, and am very happy. This is a really nice phone. I think that in many ways the Smartphone OS is better than the PPC OS. It is more reliable and user friendly it seems. I think it is the better choice if you don't need to copy and paste often. I am having fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01 View Post
    I am having a similar debate myself with Blackjack and the Treo 750.

The Treo has a touch screen.

The Dash/ Blackjack have much better screen resolution.

At the current time I am leaning toward getting the better screen resolution.
    Better screen res but less functionality. I won't be gettting a Blackjack due to it's inability to perform voice dialing via BT headset. Plus the fact that I have alot invested in PPC applications.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I have both of them and I prefer Treo 750 despite smaller resolution and being heavier.