Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Palm's customizations to WM are INCREDIBLE, dare I say it. And I hate Palm for half of the crap they do, but when it came to WM customization, they win every trophy in the book. That being said...

I have come to use my 8525 more than the 750. The treo is definitely quicker to use, but the features on the 8525 are too much to pass up. I am waiting for the Cingular ROM to come out and see if it stabilized the 750.
    I installed MS Voice Command v1.6 on my 8525 and have no problem making calls while driving, IMO
    Last edited by grnazar; 01/03/2007 at 07:05 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have had the 8525 for about a month now. This is a top of the line PDA. Only beef i have is that at times i want to write an email and the keyboard keeps on popping out when i dont want it to. Since this is the same size as the 750 I think the pros outweigh the cons.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input everyone.

grnazar, have you had any problems at all with MS Voice Command 1.6? I've heard it wasn't working on the 8525 yet. Did you do anything special to get it to work?
    Palm's customizations to WM make the world of difference. I hadn't realized the 750 and 8525 were about the same size.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfer View Post
    I have had the 8525 for about a month now. This is a top of the line PDA. Only beef i have is that at times i want to write an email and the keyboard keeps on popping out when i dont want it to. Since this is the same size as the 750 I think the pros outweigh the cons.
    kevfer
    you may find this link helpful for your keyboard prob. If you read it all you will also find a to define your SIP as none... search "nullkb"
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=nullkb
    Quote Originally Posted by kevfer View Post
    Happens to me sometimes also, but if you just type one letter on the kb it goes away.

We need to find a way to turn the kb light on AS SOON as you open it. Silly oversight, especially since I have been complaining about this since the 6700 came out!
    Quote Originally Posted by sbradfor View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone.

grnazar, have you had any problems at all with MS Voice Command 1.6? I've heard it wasn't working on the 8525 yet. Did you do anything special to get it to work?
    No problem, downloaded it from Handango, installed, soft reset the phone and all is well. It answers via bluetooth, voice dials without a hitch via bluetooth, opens files, etc. V1.6 is compatible with the 8525, previous versions were not.

BTW, I love my 8525 and have been a Treo user for years (back to my first 600), and no way am I switching back. Love the WiFi, HSDPA, etc.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Great! Thanks again for the input grnazar!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hey Thanks All!
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Some you may find this a helpful link. It is a review by a long time tytn user that has become a 750 'convert'
    http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1076362
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks JBCross.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12