Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I am not pretty sure of this, but when I plug the Treo with my iBook the led remains off... any ideas?
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Are you saying that the USB connector charges the Treo battery? I noticed a similar behaviour on my Treo 750v. The charging rate is subtle though. 1% increase after 5 minutes or so. Treo is connected to the notebook running Win OS.
    It does charge. Almost all Palms charge via USB. They just don't advertise that because they prefer to advertise expensive cables that do the same thing.
    However the rate of charge is much slower than AC connection. But for me sitting here with my treo connected to this PC and activesync'd I can have the device on, updating, usable and will have a 100% charge when I leave the office.
    Treo Pro on Vodafone UK X 2
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I suspected it, but wasn't very sure of. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    I am not pretty sure of this, but when I plug the Treo with my iBook the led remains off... any ideas?
    I use a sync/charge USB cable when I'm on the road. My computer will charge my 650 when the computer turned on, or when hibernating/on standby, but not when it's turned off. The LED is on when it's charging.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    My treo charges when I plug in the USB cord to my ibook, but when I'm at work, on a PC, it doesn't charge. The PC detects my treo, but the charging LED on my treo doesn't change to orange.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    My treo charges when I plug in the USB cord to my ibook, but when I'm at work, on a PC, it doesn't charge. The PC detects my treo, but the charging LED on my treo doesn't change to orange.
    Does it change to orange with the iBook? mine doesn't
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    yup, on the iBook, it turns to orange
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Does it change to orange with the iBook? mine doesn't
    At the risk of insulting your intelligence, I'll just point out that not all USB cables will charge your Palm. The one that arrives with your device almost certainly won't - it's almost certainly sync only. Unless you've purchased a separate sync/charge cable, you need the AC adapter.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    No, I'm referring to the one that ships with the Treo. I realize that there are 3rd party manufacturers that make a specific cable for this. What we're talking about is the stock usb cable and it DOES charge from my iBook, but NOT from my work PC.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I'm using the cable out of the box and like what RichChestmat said, it does charge the treo - I'm pretty sure of this. The LED doesn't light up as oppose to what was mentioned when using iBook. It seemed that Treo react differently when the sync cable is plugged into different OS/devices.
    Ericsson 688 : Phillips Genie Sport : Siemens S35i : Handspring Visor : Nokia 8310 : Nokia 6610 : Nokia N70 : [Vodaphone Treo 750v WM6 + 2GB Transcend miniSD]
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnacraft View Post
    At the risk of insulting your intelligence, I'll just point out that not all USB cables will charge your Palm. The one that arrives with your device almost certainly won't - it's almost certainly sync only. Unless you've purchased a separate sync/charge cable, you need the AC adapter.
    I have tried with the one that comes with the Treo and also with a Brando one, and none of them make the led to be orange