1.    #1  
    My phone froze and would not move for about 5 minutes and a soft reset did nothing. It then froze on the "Treo" screen and didn't even make it to the today screen. I took the battery out and still have the same result.

Any ideas how to get it back working?

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer View Post
    My phone froze and would not move for about 5 minutes and a soft reset did nothing. It then froze on the "Treo" screen and didn't even make it to the today screen. I took the battery out and still have the same result.

Any ideas how to get it back working?

Thanks.

-Kyle
    Did you try a hard reset? Hold down the red power off button while pressing the soft reset. Follow the prompt. This will erase everything, but may be your only hope.
    you could also take the battery out and let it set awhile. like 10 minutes. worth a try before a hard reset.
  4.    #4  
    i did a hard reset and it solved the problem. I hope that doesn't happen again. I needed my phone quickly since it was getting forwarded calls from the office. That was unacceptable for any phone.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, did you take the battery out as codyppc suggested? I've always had good luck with that when I've frozen. And, a good backup routine is a lifesaver for those occassional hard resets.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    you could also take the battery out and let it set awhile. like 10 minutes. worth a try before a hard reset.
    I've never had a freeze that a soft reset wouldn't fix. Good to know that the battery removal is another option. Backup? What's that?
    Last time mine froze, I took it out the freezer.