1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I received a Verizon Treo 700w as a gift and was wondering if it's possible to change it to a 700p. I'm new to PIM's and use a Mac computer and believe that the Palm OS is better suited for Mac users.

I can't seem to find an answer through the search feature and was wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question or can point me to the appropriate link on this site.

Thanks in advance,

agerundajr
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Call Verizon and ask
  3.    #3  
    Greg,

I don't know if you've ever dealt with customer service at Verizon but it can seriously make you wonder if there's any intelligent life left on the planet. That's after you've navigated your way thru dozens of pre-recorded messages to find the appropriate support department.

I've gotten bad, cryptic or flat out wrong info from them online, over the phone and while visiting their brick and mortar stores that I figured I'd be more likely to get useful information at a user forum like this one than talking to the 'experts' at Verizon customer service.

What's worse, if you dare mention that you're a Mac user they either spew smoke from their ears as their circuitry overheats or they just make make stuff up to sound like they know what they're talking about. Frustrating.

I'd rather take my chances here.

agerundajr
    Go to a vzw store and tell them your story and hope they exchange it for you.

You can't turn a 700w into a 700p any other way other than exchanging one for the other.
    I'm sure they'll exchange it for you. Like Hannip said bring it into a store, they'll exchange it.
    Jimmie Geddes