1.    #1  
    Guys,

has anyone tested the new Jawbone on the W? I know that many headsets have issues with maintaining partnerships with the W.

thanks in advance
    Skip
    Yes.. I have a 700wx and it works great. I have used jabra, motorola and everything else, but this Jawbone handsdown is the best!
    I just purchased the Jawbone for use with my Treo 700w yesterday. So far it is working great. I can only hope it works more reliably then the 700w.
    Where did you get it from
    cingular sells them
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Got mine today. I'm impressed with it, but it has the same problem that many other BT headsets I've used have. When I use it and my BT GPS at the same time the headset won't take any calls. When I turn the BT GPS off it will take them no problem. Sadly I'm going to have to return it and continue using my JX10 until I get a new phone. By that time the red one should be out. I really wanted that one anyway.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    can not find it on there web site do any one have the link
    Quote Originally Posted by fostermom View Post
    Where did you get it from
    I purchased mine at Cingular for $119 plus tax. E-Bay is selling them for much more. Cannot understand why.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    They do not have it on their website yet, only in stores. I don't get why people are buying them for more on ebay either. Maybe because the Cingular stores don't have themon the shelf yet. At least here they don't.
    I bought one from Cingular a few days ago. Connects fine, but people I talked to complained that I sounded like I was too far away, and my voice was not clear. While some callers said I sounded fine. I left someone a voicemail and that person forwarded me that voicemail back so that I could hear how I sound...and I sounded horrible.

Connection wasn't overall that bad compared to other headsets, but still disconnected.

I don't recommend Jawbone for the 700w...I'm returning mine.

-Ravi
    Thanks for the warning
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    If you call your own voicemail, then press 2 you can send a message to your own phone number. I've done that comparing the Jawbone to my JX10, and it sounds just as good as the JX10 when there is no background noise present. When there is, it clearly beats my JX10. Your headset must have something wrong with it, because the JX10 is one of the clearest sounding headsets out there, and the Jawbone matches and exceeds it. I just wish the Treo didn't have compatability issues with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
    If you call your own voicemail, then press 2 you can send a message to your own phone number. I\'ve done that comparing the Jawbone to my JX10, and it sounds just as good as the JX10 when there is no background noise present. When there is, it clearly beats my JX10. Your headset must have something wrong with it, because the JX10 is one of the clearest sounding headsets out there, and the Jawbone matches and exceeds it. I just wish the Treo didn\'t have compatability issues with it.
    Odd because I found the JX10 to be pretty poor sounding when there was any background noise and the Jawbone only slightly better. Neither one is very good. The DSP in each one causes too much clipping and distortion in your voice. The Jawbone also has a nasty habit of letting a lot of background noise come through for a brief second before it cuts it out.
    Overall the jawbone is pretty good, but I am still having a problem connecting with the 700w. It paired fine, but when I turn the jawbone on, sometimes it connects...sometimes not. I have to refresh it on the Treo, reset, turn it on and off. Any suggestions?