View Poll Results: how did you like spb's pocket plus

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • loved it. kept it. no problems.

8 66.67%
  • liked it, but uninstalled it due to problems.

2 16.67%
  • liked it, but uninstalled it due to size of app. too big.

1 8.33%
  • hated it.

1 8.33%
  1.    #1  
    ok, due to the recent post about how reliable your device is, i'm concerded with pocket plus.

a few questions with a poll will help me and others find out if this app is worth it.

1. have you tried the app on this (700w/wx)? I know a lot of you have tried older versions of pocket plus on different devices, but I would like to hear about the 3.?? version on the treo's.

2. what kind of problems did you pin point to pocket plus?

3. if you no longer use it what do you use in it's place?

now, I know there are other task managers out there and todayscreen icon shortcut apps. the few things that I can't find to replace are...

1. FULL zip support. I want to be able to zip as well as unzip.
    2. properties. I love the properties function. being able to change file types, ect.

go a head and list all your replacement apps if you would. I would like to see what the majority uses.

battery bar (on top of screen, task manager, file explorer, ect

thanks for any help, cody
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Cody,

Resco Explorer allows you to zip and unzip. It also lets you see and change file properties.

http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/default.asp

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, due to the recent post about how reliable your device is, i'm concerded with pocket plus.

a few questions with a poll will help me and others find out if this app is worth it.

1. have you tried the app on this (700w/wx)? I know a lot of you have tried older versions of pocket plus on different devices, but I would like to hear about the 3.?? version on the treo's.

2. what kind of problems did you pin point to pocket plus?

3. if you no longer use it what do you use in it's place?

now, I know there are other task managers out there and todayscreen icon shortcut apps. the few things that I can't find to replace are...

1. FULL zip support. I want to be able to zip as well as unzip.
    2. properties. I love the properties function. being able to change file types, ect.

go a head and list all your replacement apps if you would. I would like to see what the majority uses.

battery bar (on top of screen, task manager, file explorer, ect

thanks for any help, cody
    I also use Resco explorer for .zip support and file properties. I do not use a today plug-in, since I want to maximize my Pocket Breeze real estate.

However I still use SBP PP 3.1 for the following:

- Best close function, which I tie to my OK button. I have found other close apps tied to my OK button are not as reliable.

- Repeating alarms support. This is invaluable to me. The single alarm sound repeated every often by the system does not wake me up for either clock alarms or appointment reminders. However, using the repeating alarms in PP does wake me up. Note these are repeating alarms for appointments, and at you option, taks and clock. They do not apply to SMS, email, voicemail, or phone calls. Phone alarm is the only I know that does those items. BTW, you have to go under Tools-Advanced Settings to enable this option and have it show as one of the checkbox items. Not sure ehy it is so hidden.

- Battery bar. I could probably find a freeware replacement app, but as long as I'm using the above functions, this works great for me.

Also, if you do want the today plug-in launcher and have Pocket Breeze, PB supports PP as a custom tab on PB, including full d-pad support!!

Never had a problem with it.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I've been using it for a while and haven't had any problems (knock on wood).

I like it mostly for the tabs and the close function ... works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I think its a very solid program, but I prefer iLauncher for the core functions (task manager, meters, safemode and launcher.). Plus, I use PIEPlus for IE enhancements and Resco Explorer as my file explorer.
  6.    #6  
    thanks guys for the replies. it looks like a safe program so far. we will wait for a few more votes before closing this thread.
    I've had no problems with it, and their CS is very good. Very helpful. I have a lot of Spb products.
    END OF LINE