Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I have a 700wx and I need to add some pauses or breaks in numbers so I can dial into conference calls buy saying the name and it putting the digits in for me. I know on other phones it would be a p but I Cant seem to figure it out on the 700wx.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Try a comma. That should give you a 1 second pause for each one.

Greg
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Commas entered from the computer to the contact are ignored when the phone dials the number. there is no way to enter one from the 700wx as it wont let you type it.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    My bad. Actually what I was thinking when I said it was from the speed dial area. How about assigning a speed dial to your conference phone number and using the advanced settings to dial extra digits. I know you can put a comma there.

Greg
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    you can also copy and paste comma, that way you can add it without adding it to the speed dial.
    so again - here's how to do this:

Rather than trying to embed the pauses and stuff in the actual contact entry (which doesn't work, as you know), go with this route:

Put the conference bridge number in as a speed dial. Just the number you dial. Then, edit that speed dial entry, go to 'Advanced' at the bottom of the screen, and then put all the access info (pauses, star, pound, etc) in as 'Extra Digits', as Greg E stated above. You can optionally have those extra access digits dial on their own, automatically, or you can have the device prompt you at the bottom of the screen when you connect.

See what you think about that.....
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    problem with that is that depending on who is holding the conference call they have a different pin I have to enter. thus why I Want to do it out of the contact area. Im guessin there is no way to do it the way I Want to do it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    This is what i was saying exactly... COPY AND PASTE COMMA, then it works...
    I have the same need. It does make more sense to add it to the contact as different managers do have different calling codes/PINs. This is a real oversight on this device.

Copy and paste the comma??? What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by remlle View Post
    Commas entered from the computer to the contact are ignored when the phone dials the number. there is no way to enter one from the 700wx as it wont let you type it.
    works for me.
    I have several contacts with commas entered in the phone number to go to extensions. They don't get lost in the sync or in the call.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    If you put the comma in the contact on your PC it will sync over. When you dial the number it won't show up on your screen but it will do it. I actually just set that up on my 700wx for my fiance and tested it with no problem. Just make sure there are no spaces between anything.
    For example with dialing an ext I have the XXX-XXX-XXXX,,,XXX

With my vmail I have *86,,XXXX,,1

I find that 2-3 seconds is just about right for any menu.

Regarding the speed of the dialing It sounds like all the tones/buttons are hit at one time. Why it does that I don't know, all I know as no matter how it sounds it always works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumba220 View Post
    Have you had any issues with the speed of which it dials those extra digits by doing it this way?

For like a conference call with extensions, did you have to put a comma after every 2 or 3 digits for it to work right?
    Yes in some instances I have had to do that.
    to get into my voice mail at work I have a preset set for xxx-xxxx,,x,x,x
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.