1.    #1  
    pls anyone, since im not using my email service, i would like to change my left softkey from email to messaging. pls PM me. anyone.. thanks!
  2.    #3  
    the tweaks2k2 seems not my solution to the problem, i reviewd the capabilities of the software but i cant find the option in changing the email button on the leftsoftkey to Messaging..

can somebody work this out for me.. pls... and if possible, i want it for free unlike the tweaks2k2, its for sale...
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Using Tweaks2K2
    105-Remapping of Today Soft Keys
    See attached sceen shot...

Here is another method..

Change the application launched by Today screen Soft Keys

To change the application launched by the Today screen Left soft key:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Open = "\Windows\Calendar.exe" (REG_SZ string, including quotes)
    To change the title of the Left soft key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\(Default) = "Calendar" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

To change the application launched by the Today screen Right soft key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113\Open = "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Contacts.lnk" (REG_SZ string, including quotes)

To change the title of the Right soft key:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113\(Default) = "Contacts" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

Note that 113 normally doesn't exist by default, and probably needs to be created
    Also note that there is at least 1 application that allows you to set these through a GUI, developed by FdcSoft called SoftKeyAppletEx.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\Open = "\Windows\Calendar.exe" (REG_SZ string, including quotes)

What do I need to put in there to launch the SMS app?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    try "\windows\messaging.exe". this will give you 2 options: Messaging (SMS) and Email.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Thanks, works now.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i found this to work...if you just change the font for calendar in this line...

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112\(Default) = "Calendar"

change Calendar to CalendaR

when you do that...and when you press the left soft key you have the option of Calendar and Mail....when you press Calendar it will take you to the calendar...