Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
  1.    #141  
    slingbox, you want to restore values after wmp is run, not read them again. Use RegWriteDword calls using the variables that you've assigned above. Also you are reusing the kyl0 variable. You need to use different variable names for each assignment.

ex.

Code:
    # MPLAYER.mscr-Give factory settings during Media Player.
    # Current levels are restored on exit.

# read current values and assign them to variables
    BatteryTimeout = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight","BatteryTimeout" )
    ACTimeout = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight","ACTimeout" )
    Onkyl0 = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On","kyl0: ") 
    BLOkyl0 = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff","kyl0: ")
    BLObkl1 = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff","bkl1: ")

# set custom levels
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 45 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 45 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 1 )

# launch wmplayer and wait till it exits
    RunWait("\Windows\wmplayer.exe") 

# restore current levels using above variables
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", BatteryTimeout )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", ACTimeout )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", ONkyl0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", BLOkyl0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", BLObkl1 )
    Last edited by hannip; 02/04/2007 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Im having a very diffacult time trying to figer out on how to deal with kyl0: _________________________________________________________________
    # MPLAYER.mscr-Giving factory setting during Media Player.
    Sorry for asking a dumb question, but are you trying to make it so that if your using WMP, that the keyboard lights back up? I dont really use it enough to know what the factory levels are on it in regards to the keyboard lights?
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Sorry for asking a dumb question, but are you trying to make it so that if your using WMP, that the keyboard lights back up? I dont really use it enough to know what the factory levels are on it in regards to the keyboard lights?
    Yes as we set with AB-KEYLIGHT are screen do not dim when using media player and turn off.
    This script will make that happen.
    1)I need to figure out how to launch scrip from the program not from mscr
    2)get orginal reg setting back when mdeia player turns off.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    slingbox, you want to restore values after wmp is run, not read them again. Use RegWriteDword calls using the variables that you've assigned above. Also you are reusing the kyl0 variable. You need to use different variable names for each assignment.

ex.

Code:
    # MPLAYER.mscr-Give factory settings during Media Player.

# read current values and assign them to variables
    BatteryTimeout = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight","BatteryTimeout" )
    ACTimeout = RegRead ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight","ACTimeout" )
    Onkyl0 = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On","kyl0: ") 
    BLOkyl0 = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff","kyl0: ")
    BLObkl1 = RegRead ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff","bkl1: ")

# set custom levels
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 45 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 45 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 1 )

# launch wmplayer and wait till it exits
    RunWait("\Windows\wmplayer.exe") 

# restore current levels using above variables
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", BatteryTimeout )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", ACTimeout )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", ONkyl0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", BLOkyl0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", BLObkl1 )
    Look Yoda of mortscript let me feel the force hahaha
    You Rock

Therr are a couple bumps.When player turns on screen dim with keylights staying on
    it still must be stated at mscr for setting to take effect
    when you close media player from memeory running programs the keys light up and screen goes dim
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/04/2007 at 05:16 PM.
  5.    #145  
    Hey slingbox, are you sure there isn't something we can do to AB-keylight to set the registry back to factory after it's done setting the keylight? Like sleep until the keylight changes and then set back to factory settings. That way we don't even need the script for wmp.

Let the force be with you!
    hannip or slingbox,is there a function to wake up the device? My chime script works if the screen is on but doesn't if it's off...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #147  
    Look in the manual for the RunAt command.
    go team go
    Wow what a superbowl.My script building today is like the Bears.
  10.    #150  
    haha, but you can still recover.
    yes yes.Day off tommrow so it,s going to be a long night/mourning getting the script user wourthy.
    There are many ways to look within it,s fault.The problem were having with restore values on exit are due to mort toggle. I feel this can be solved by reading current toggle state then restore on wmplayer shutdown.
    If we were to tie the script into lets say the wmplayer skin-screen view so when it appears in view the script would make changes to toggle we would not have to shut down media player just tap the X ,screen view is no longer present and script toggles back to previous value.

update 11:05 pm
    or heck..I could just add mediaplayer values to the kB-keylight toggle as case 0.
    mediaplayer skin becomes active choose KB-KEYLIGHT (case 0) then on exit of player skin restore toggle level
    What do you think hannip?
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/04/2007 at 09:54 PM.
  12.    #152  
    I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve. I still think this side effect from keylight or whatever it is can be solved in the keylight script itself without adding another choice case. Plus I think the keylight should be a toggle without a menu.

Maybe it would help if you explain each of the registry values that you are changing in the keylight script and why. Then explain why after the keylights have turned on or off you can't restore the original registry values.
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/06/2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: To many beta,s and now we have the real deal
  14.    #154  
    Ah so I see why you need the power saver mode now. To keep the keylights off you are disabling the backlight off timeout. Power saver mode reenables the backlight timeout but it then also enables the keylights.

I wonder if we could get rid of this limitation by figuring out how to unload the keylight driver when set off and reload when on. A task for another day.

Edit: Well wouldn't you know. I figured out the real solution to turn off and on the keylights and it's so simple that I can't understand why Bruce didn't think of it.

Go download DotFred's TaskMgr app from the xda forums. It allows you to unload and load drivers. List the Devices to find the KYL0 driver and click the stop button. Lights go out. Then click the play button. Lights go on. NO FLICKER!!!

This should be an easy eVC++ program to write.
    Last edited by hannip; 02/05/2007 at 07:18 AM.
    If you can dig up a full screenshot of the app including the area you want the script to reach i could put together a script and hope that it can tap those areas even though they fall off the screen.

Thanks Hannip, I have a WM2003 320x240 device at work I could use for the screen shot... I'll work on getting that over to you.... Thanks again
    Ah so I see why you need the power saver mode now. To keep the keylights off you are disabling the backlight off timeout. Power saver mode reenables the backlight timeout but it then also enables the keylights.

I wonder if we could get rid of this limitation by figuring out how to unload the keylight driver when set off and reload when on. A task for another day.

Edit: Well wouldn't you know. I figured out the real solution to turn off and on the keylights and it's so simple that I can't understand why Bruce didn't think of it.

Go download DotFred's TaskMgr app from the xda forums. It allows you to unload and load drivers. List the Devices to find the KYL0 driver and click the stop button. Lights go out. Then click the play button. Lights go on. NO FLICKER!!!

This should be an easy eVC++ program to write.
    The Bkl1 and Batterytimeout values Pretty cool how I worked those.Pretty confusing when you first see them.Then I add the power save and you figured it out

DotFred task manager..Great find hannip!!!we must work on it tonight if you have the time avalible
    From that point I can turn the (treo keylight CHOICE script)into
    USER CUSTOM PROFILES a..all in all there are going to be some very very happy 700 series owners

Phil C
  17.    #157  
    Unfortunately I'm in a crunch time at work, so I won't have much time for a while to play with this, unless I get ahead of schedule somehow, but it's a very aggressive schedule.
    Choice "Power","TREO 700 SERIES KEYLIGHT CONTROL","Keylight Off","Keylight On"
    Case 1
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )
    Run "\programs\mortscript\REGSPLASH.mscr<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Are fix

Case 2
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )
    Run "\programs\mortscript\REGSPLASH2.mscr<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Are fix

EndChoice
    ACTimeout Value-45
    BacklightOff Bkl1: Value-1
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/05/2007 at 09:34 PM.
    Another Mortscript item:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111817

Is it possible to run Mortscipt with Nyditot?
    Yes.
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast