Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536 LastLast
    No, MortScript allows only access to the parameters passed with <variable>=<value>. That's because MortScript.exe wants some parameters for itself, too (like the script's file name and /wait=...).
    Besides, you can't launch a document (and for Windows, MortScript files are just that - like everything except for *.exe) with a parameter.

What should be possible is something like e.g.
    @="\\path\\to\\MortScript.exe \\path\\to\\script.mscr url=\"%1\""
    Quote Originally Posted by sto-helit View Post
    No, MortScript allows only access to the parameters passed with <variable>=<value>. That's because MortScript.exe wants some parameters for itself, too (like the script's file name and /wait=...).
    Besides, you can't launch a document (and for Windows, MortScript files are just that - like everything except for *.exe) with a parameter.

What should be possible is something like e.g.
    @="\\path\\to\\MortScript.exe \\path\\to\\script.mscr url=\"%1\""
    Thanks! I give it a try promptly... if it works (and the additional code I'll add), it'll GREAT news for all Opera Mini users
    start>>system>> memory (ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,4)

how can i make it run
    Does anyone know if avantgo.exe has any command line options? I'd like to write a script that automatically calls Avantgo while my device is cradled every 2 or so hours for updates. (With the new version of Avantgo, updates need to be done manually).

OK, I found a solution (albeit a bit clumsy). I have Mortscript start Avantgo and simulate stylus taps at the right part of the screen to bring up and start the right menu items. If the program gets updated and the locations on the screen change, I'll have to change the script. But anyways, it works!
    Last edited by mirskym; 02/04/2008 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Mentioning my solution
  5.    #685  
    Pointer to a new script. uh oh hannip is at it again!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16
    is there a script written that will play a sound when u hangup a call so u can be notified that the call has hung up? .... the words on my cdma htc touch are so small to see it change to call ended and not to mention in the color black
    hy, i need some help with this type of script....
    i have a sony NV-93TW, and the original software is lame, i have manage to put mio or igo, but to run this aplication, the first i have to lunch orginal aplication for oppening the GPS receiver, and close the original aplication, and open mio or igo

set maxim backlight
    open Original aplication
    sleep (wait to oppen fully)
    close original aplication
    open mio or igo

sorry for my bad english
  8.    #688  
    Quote Originally Posted by soulraven View Post
    i have a sony NV-93TW, and the original software is lame, i have manage to put mio or igo, but to run this aplication, the first i have to lunch orginal aplication for oppening the GPS receiver, and close the original aplication, and open mio or igo

set maxim backlight
    open Original aplication
    open mio or igo

sorry for my bad english
    Does that run Windows Mobile? I couldn't find any details on that device.

But if it does, what you should do is open up the pdf manual for MortScript and search for "Run" or "RunWait", ActiveWindow, Close or Kill, and "Sleep". There is a "SetBacklight" call too but the doc says it's not available for PNA devices. You'll have to see if there is a registry setting that can control the backlight setting, or simulate key or mouse clicks to do it.
    is windows Ce. net 4.20 , i don't have any pdf file. Is it poribile to help me?is the first time when i am in contact with mortscript....
  10.    #690  
    is windows Ce. net 4.20 , i don't have any pdf file. Is it poribile to help me?is the first time when i am in contact with mortscript....
    You can download the pdf here.
    http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...=list&entry=18

I would help more, but I have to go to work now.

There are plenty of examples in this thread for you to see how to do things, but if you are having problems with a specific command let me know and I'll try to help after I get back from work.

set maxim backlight
    open Original aplication
    open mio or igo

sorry for my bad english
    U need something like this.

run("\Mounted Volume\Sony\nav-u\nav-u_old.exe")
    sleep(6000)
    MouseClick("Mobile Navigator 6", 240, 240)
    sleep(500)
    Close("Mobile Navigator 6")
    sleep(500)
    run("\Mounted Volume\Igo8\igo8.exe")

The problem is, that u can't set the backlight with MortSrcript in pnas, that command only available for PDA-s.
    I got NV-U73TC but stucked at backlight setup, still to dark, and I didn't found the way to change that (the original app resets the backlight if u close it).

Entity
    Greetings all,

I'm hoping for a little help/direction with a fairly simple task. I'm using WebIs Note2self, a great little app on my treo 700w that with one push records a voice message and with a second push emails the voice recording to my pc at home--actually since I'm not on a data plan, it only emails when I do a sync. Sometimes it would be nice to be able to conveniently listen to the voice recording again before I get home and sync and receive my email.

The voice recordings are stored in the \windows\messaging\attachments directory with strange filenames like 33000089-37000093 and without any .wav or .ogg extension, thus rendering them difficult to open. If I rename them manually (adding the .ogg) for instance, I can play them back easily, but this is cumbersome. So I thought to myself, "Mortscript to the rescue!" I'm having a bit of trouble, however, sorting out how to automate such a task. I can xcopy the files to another directory, but I can't use wildcards on the destination side of things, and I don't see any way to do a batch rename, nor to rename any file that I don't already know the name of. Since these attachments come out with strange, unpredictable names, I'd love to be able to rename using wildcards. If that's impossible it seems like I need a way to read the contents of the directory and then rename each file, but I don't see a way to even read directory contents. Help! Is this possible using Mortscript?

Thanks in advance for the help!

3bwings
    Greetings all,

I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out how to automate a copying and renaming task. I can xcopy the files to another directory, but I can't use wildcards on the destination side of things, and I don't see any way to do a batch rename, nor to rename any file that I don't already know the name of. Since I need to rename files with somewhat random names, I'd love to be able to rename using wildcards. If that's impossible it seems like I need a way to read the contents of the directory and then rename each file, but I don't see a way to even read directory contents. Help! Is this possible using Mortscript?

3bwings
  14.    #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by 3bwings View Post
    Greetings all,

I'm having a bit of trouble sorting out how to automate a copying and renaming task. I can xcopy the files to another directory, but I can't use wildcards on the destination side of things, and I don't see any way to do a batch rename, nor to rename any file that I don't already know the name of. Since I need to rename files with somewhat random names, I'd love to be able to rename using wildcards. If that's impossible it seems like I need a way to read the contents of the directory and then rename each file, but I don't see a way to even read directory contents. Help! Is this possible using Mortscript?

3bwings
    Use a ForEach loop to loop through a wildcard filespec. See section 8.6.4 in the manual.

8.6.4 Looping over files and directories
    ForEach variable in files ( search expression )
    ForEach variable in directories ( search expression )
    Assigns the found files resp. directories to the variable.
    The expression must consist of a path and a filename expression with jokers, e.g.
    "\Program Files\Mort*" or "\Program Files\Test\*.exe".
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here is a simple script that you can assign to a button. I tried it assigned to the side button on my treo 700wx and it works great. If you have AE Button Plus you can assign it to any button.

What this script does is open the mail folders for selection. If tmail isn't active it will launch it first. Before this you had to whip out your stylus to switch folders unless you have WM5 AKU3.0 or later.

Code:
    # FolderSwitch.mscr - launches or makes tmail active and sends a
    #   screen tap to open mail folders.

callTmail = True
    current = ActiveProcess()

If ( current eq "tmail.exe" )
         callTmail = False
    EndIf

If ( callTmail )
       Run( "\Windows\tmail.exe" )
       Sleep( 5000 )
    EndIf

activeWin = ActiveWindow()
    MouseClick( activeWin, 10, 10 )
    Have been looking for something like this before.. Just wanted to knw if it was possible to Map the Send/Recivie option in Messaging to the side button .. ?
  16.    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintsWM6700wx View Post
    Have been looking for something like this before.. Just wanted to knw if it was possible to Map the Send/Recivie option in Messaging to the side button .. ?
    Yeah, just replace the last line of that script with:

Code:
    SendRightSoft( activeWin )
    SendKeys( activeWin, "s" )
    This assumes that "s" is the keyboard shortcut for Send/Receive on that menu.
    Yeah, just replace the last line of that script with:

Code:
    SendRightSoft( activeWin )
    SendKeys( activeWin, "s" )
    This assumes that "s" is the keyboard shortcut for Send/Receive on that menu.
    Thanks Alot just wanted to know .. how will i edit that.. i remember last time i edit something like this i used the Phm pad .. but just forgot.. the whole process.. can you just get me started if its not too much to ask.. would really Appreciate it.. Tha'nks in Advance

* how can i route it to the button.. i copied and tryed to paste to the file(motoscrip you created to change the folders but cant get it open .. and when i created a txt file with the execution ( Code) it dosnt show up in the buttons options of the settings on my ppc to assin it ..

thanks once again ..!
    Last edited by SprintsWM6700wx; 09/08/2008 at 04:43 PM.
  18.    #698  
    Thanks Alot just wanted to know .. how will i edit that.. i remember last time i edit something like this i used the Phm pad .. but just forgot.. the whole process.. can you just get me started if its not too much to ask.. would really Appreciate it.. Tha'nks in Advance
    It's a plain ascii file. You can edit it using Notes or PWord, or copy it up to the PC and edit it using Notepad or any other editor you are familiar with.
    It's a plain ascii file. You can edit it using Notes or PWord, or copy it up to the PC and edit it using Notepad or any other editor you are familiar with.

Cool finally got it to Open and Exicute when file is selected.. now question is how can i make that file show up in my buttons to asssing it to the side button>?
  20.    #700  
    Cool finally got it to Open and Exicute when file is selected.. now question is how can i make that file show up in my buttons to asssing it to the side button>?
    You have to put the script someplace under Programs. I put all my singleton scripts in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript