Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536 LastLast
    Hi JDC,

Thanks tons for all your suggestions. I took the "standards" that you and hannip are talking up and instituted them here on my PPC. I've located the Scripts in \Windows\Start Menu\Scripts (I know Hannip had it as \Windows\Start Menu\Progarm Files\Scripts but I for some reason prefer them up under the main Start Menu). I started thinking about switching from xv6700 to Treo just to have quicker access to typing but since I've gotten MortScript up and running and reskinned with cLauncher and PhoneAlarm (was inspired by hanmin's iPhone emulation) I've decided that I'm happy with the 6700 since I can control it from voice command.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here you go. A version that blinks the led for all notifications except email. It's untested so let me know if you find any problems with it.
    Hi hannip,

I've been running this script for a while. I simply added it to my MScript folder and replaced the shortcut to the original script in the Start Up folder. However, my Treo still blinks the LED whenever there is a notification pending. Whether the notification is for email or anything else.

John
  3.    #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobison View Post
    Hi hannip,

I've been running this script for a while. I simply added it to my MScript folder and replaced the shortcut to the original script in the Start Up folder. However, my Treo still blinks the LED whenever there is a notification pending. Whether the notification is for email or anything else.

John
    Hi jrobinson, I found a typo in the EmailGuid. There was a lowercase "a" that needed to be uppercase. I fixed it and actually tested it this time.

You can either edit your script file or redownload the one here.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=568

Sorry about that. I should've tested it first.
    Brilliant! I made the change myself. Thanks hannip!!!
    Greetings all. Been reading this forum with interest and experimenting a bit with MortScript. It has fixed some simple problems for me on my Treo 700w already. I do run into something I don't understand, however, and I'm hoping someone on this forum can explain it.

When I make changes to the registry using MortScript for things like backlight brightness or backlight timeout the registry values are changed, but the settings do not take effect. For instance I can use SetBacklight (0,0) and check the registry and the appropriate keys are changed, but the screen brightness does not change, and if I go into the backlight setting screen it still shows the slider at whatever setting it was on before. I saw a previous post that acknowledged this issue, but gave no solution. What is the use of commands like SetBacklight if they don't actually change the current backlight brightness? Is there a way to make the registry changes 'take effect'? Is this a device specific issue? I am new to all this, am I missing something very obvious?
    Thanks in advance.

3bwings
  6.    #626  
    I haven't played with SetBacklight in a while, but I think it is a device specific issue why it doesn't work on the treo. Check out zbop's Tweakser app. It has a plugin that sets the backlight level by opening the backlight settings window and moving the slider.
    Thanks for the tip, Hannip,

I cut and modified from tweakster to give myself two simple scripts which I attached to Ctrl-keys using PQzII--one to turn the brightness all the way up, the other down to the lowest "on" setting. It's a bit of a cumbersome way to do it--opening the ctrl panel applet and manipulating the slider, but it works with 2 keypresses instead of a whole series. I still wish there was a simple way to make the registry edits stick, but here's what I ended up with for anyone who's interested:

# set brightness to full using brightness applet
    # requires copying "Brightness.lnk" to mortscript directory from tweakster's Util directory
    Run( "\Program Files\MortScript\Brightness.lnk" )
    WaitForActive( "Settings", 10 )
    # no matter what the setting is, ten right presses will set it to max
    Repeat( 10 )
    SendRight ( "Settings" )
    EndRepeat
    SendOk( "Settings")

# set brightness to 1 using brightness applet
    #again, ten left presses and one right will set it to 1
    Repeat( 10 )
    SendLeft( "Settings" )
    EndRepeat
    SendRight( "Settings" )
    SendOk( "Settings")

I could prevent the backlight blink on the minimum end by making the script read the current setting and adjust accordingly, but I don't know if the extra complexity is worth it.

---me again,

Turned out to be very simple--again modified from Tweakster:

CurBright = RegRead( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "Brightness" )
    Shift = CurBright - 1
    If (Shift = 0)
    Exit
    EndIf
    Repeat( Shift )
    SendLeft ( "Settings" )
    EndRepeat
    SendOk( "Settings")
    Last edited by 3bwings; 05/04/2007 at 03:20 PM.
  8.    #628  
    Nice job 3bwings! Yeah, I like PQzII also. It's the best kept secret on these forums. I love copy and pasting right from the keyboard and the symbols are much more accessible and convenient. Lots of other features built in and very configurable.
    Does PQzII still break the keylock native app on the Treo?
  10.    #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Does PQzII still break the keylock native app on the Treo?
    It now works with Palm's keylock.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...33&postcount=5
    Gents,

Can someone tell me how to ensure that ActiveSync is connected, and if not connect through with ActiveSync through bluetooth?

I think I could figure out how to do it with 'opening the activesync window then click in the lower left corner' or something, but this sounds like a dicey method .. any more efficient way?
    Bump
    Right back at ya!
    My fav thread .It has so much knowledge and really should be a sticky.Why it,s not hmm I cant figure it out.
    Hey guys, I've been reading through your posts and am impressed by your creativity! This little app lets us do some crazy stuff...

Now be warned, this isn't on a Treo... it's on a TMO Wing. Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting here, but I see a much larger group of MortScript users than anywhere else I can find.

I'm writing a script to help with a problem I'm having with Slide2Unlock.

Anyhow, basically all I'm trying to do is end the Slide2Unlock app while I'm on a call and restart it when I'm done. All seems to be going well, but when this script is running my phone runs like molasses. Obviously I expect it to eat up some resources since it is looping in the background, but is there anything I can do to help simplify it/trim it down?

Code:
    while ( 1 )
      #Read reg key to determine if phone is on a call
      phoneactive = RegRead ("HKLM", "system\state\phone\","status")
        #if phone is on a call
        if ( %phoneactive% > 500000000 )
          #turn off display
          toggledisplay( 0 )    
          #if slide2unlock is running, terminate it
          if procexists ilock.exe
            kill ilock.exe
            kill slide.exe
          endif
          #wait until call has ended
          while ( %phoneactive% > 500000000 )
            sleep 1000
          endwhile
          #turn display back on
          toggledisplay( 1 )    
          #restart slide2unlock
          run "\program files\slide2unlock\ilock.exe"
        endif
    endwhile
    Thanks a ton!

Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here you go. A version that blinks the led for all notifications except email. It's untested so let me know if you find any problems with it.

Code:
    #   This version turns on led for all notifications except email.  If there were pending
    #   notifications prior to a new email you will have to acknowledge both to turn off the LED.
    #

# check dependencies
    If ( NOT FileExists( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe" ) )
       Message ( "Installation of LEDUp.exe is required! Exiting...", "NLED script" )
       Exit
    EndIf

# initialize variables
    LedOn = FALSE
    Notify = FALSE
    EmailGuid = "{A877D65A-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}"

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

# check the registry for any notifications
       If ( RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" ) )

# Ignore email notification
          CLSID = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" )

If ( NOT ( CLSID eq EmailGuid ) )
             Notify = TRUE
          EndIf

Else
          # There are no pending notifications
          Notify = FALSE
       EndIf

# turn on the led if there is a valid notification.  Keep turning on cuz
    # the OS turns it off whenever there is a new notification.
       If ( Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 1" )
          LedOn = TRUE
       EndIf

# turn off the led if no notifications are pending
       If ( LedOn && NOT Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 0" )
          LedOn = FALSE
       EndIf

# wait 5 seconds
       Sleep( 5000 )

EndWhile
    Works a treat!

One more request for this exact script...Is there anyway to have the envelope at the top of the screen not show up when there is a new email. I only want it to display when I have a new SMS and not when there is new mail.

Cheers,
    Watty
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    This thread always deserves a -bump- anyway, so I'll post my question here.

After installing the Palm/VZW recent update, I found myself needing to hard reset and start from scratch. I'm 95% back to where I want to be, but for the life of me I can't figure out how I had a second feature mapped to the left button. Thus, I had one feature for "hold" and second for "push". I did a restore of my pre-hard reset settings and can see the setting in System/Buttons (the icon looks like a camera), but I can't remember how I got it there. Anybody have a hint?
    AEButtonPlus perhaps?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks, but it wasn't AEButtonPlus. It was either one of Hannip's scripts or some sort of hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by neonstorm View Post
    Hey guys, I've been reading through your posts and am impressed by your creativity! This little app lets us do some crazy stuff...

Now be warned, this isn't on a Treo... it's on a TMO Wing. Hopefully you guys don't mind me posting here, but I see a much larger group of MortScript users than anywhere else I can find.

I'm writing a script to help with a problem I'm having with Slide2Unlock.

Anyhow, basically all I'm trying to do is end the Slide2Unlock app while I'm on a call and restart it when I'm done. All seems to be going well, but when this script is running my phone runs like molasses. Obviously I expect it to eat up some resources since it is looping in the background, but is there anything I can do to help simplify it/trim it down?

Code:
    while ( 1 )
      #Read reg key to determine if phone is on a call
        #if phone is on a call
        if ( %phoneactive% > 500000000 )
          #turn off display
          toggledisplay( 0 )    
          #if slide2unlock is running, terminate it
          if procexists ilock.exe
            kill ilock.exe
            kill slide.exe
          endif
          #wait until call has ended
          while ( %phoneactive% > 500000000 )
            sleep 1000
          endwhile
          #turn display back on
          toggledisplay( 1 )    
          #restart slide2unlock
          run "\program files\slide2unlock\ilock.exe"
        endif
    endwhile
    Thanks a ton!

Ryan
    i do/did the same type stuff with my scripts. ever loop that i dont have a sleep in slows my device WAY DOWN. it looks as if your first (main) loop needs a sleep of some sorts. i would try this... look at the second to last line.

cody

Code:

while ( 1 ) #Read reg key to determine if phone is on a call phoneactive = RegRead ("HKLM", "system\state\phone\","status") #if phone is on a call if ( %phoneactive% > 500000000 ) #turn off display toggledisplay( 0 ) #if slide2unlock is running, terminate it if procexists ilock.exe kill ilock.exe kill slide.exe endif #wait until call has ended while ( %phoneactive% > 500000000 ) sleep 1000 phoneactive = RegRead ("HKLM", "system\state\phone\","status") endwhile #turn display back on toggledisplay( 1 ) #restart slide2unlock run "\program files\slide2unlock\ilock.exe" endif Sleep ( 1000 ) endwhile
    give that a try and let us know how it works.
    Last edited by codyppc; 07/24/2007 at 02:54 PM.