Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1.    #561  
    Ah a guy with contacts!

Yeah, I knew there wasn't a simple API call. We probably need to perform some low level IOCTL calls to the LED driver directly.
    hmm they got to make it so hard dont they.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hmm they got to make it so hard dont they.
    I got a response from the man at Microsoft and it comes from Palm themselves.

"I heard from our dev support and Palm will not be creating an API - it would need to be provided as part of the WM SDK"
  4.    #564  
    Well Palm's software can control it so there must be a low level API. We don't need an officially supported API, just the IOCTL calls to manipulate the LED.
    Red led is there for the taking...Like Ive said in the past Ive tried every setting in the reg to pull it out yet no success .The API is the only way to the red.It would be somewhere located in charge of device then it could be manipulated very easy.
    Hi,

I've searched up and down this thread but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I'm using the Mortscript NLED that activates the LED whenever there's a missed call or message. I love it however it alerts me whenever there is a new email message. I don't want it to do this because I get so many of them. Do any of you know if there is a script that activates the LED only when the notification is for a missed call, new voice message or new text message?

I also just remembered that I have another wish for the script. When my Treo is charging the LED is on. But when I have a new notification the LED doesn't change to tell me that. I recall that with my Treo 650 the LED would blink even when it was charging to let me know about missed calls and such.

Thanks!!!

John
    Last edited by jrobison; 04/06/2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Another thought
  7.    #567  
    Here's a version that excludes voicemail. It could easily be hacked up to exclude email. If I get some time I'll hack it up for you, or if you feel the fever give it a shot yourself!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=17

My Sprint 700wx does blink the led green when there is an event even when charging. What phone do you have?
  8.    #568  
    Here you go. A version that blinks the led for all notifications except email. It's untested so let me know if you find any problems with it.

Code:
    #   This version turns on led for all notifications except email.  If there were pending
    #   notifications prior to a new email you will have to acknowledge both to turn off the LED.
    #

# check dependencies
    If ( NOT FileExists( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe" ) )
       Message ( "Installation of LEDUp.exe is required! Exiting...", "NLED script" )
       Exit
    EndIf

# initialize variables
    LedOn = FALSE
    Notify = FALSE
    EmailGuid = "{A877D65A-239C-47A7-9304-0D347F580408}"

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

# check the registry for any notifications
       If ( RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" ) )

# Ignore email notification
          CLSID = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" )

If ( NOT ( CLSID eq EmailGuid ) )
             Notify = TRUE
          EndIf

Else
          # There are no pending notifications
          Notify = FALSE
       EndIf

# turn on the led if there is a valid notification.  Keep turning on cuz
    # the OS turns it off whenever there is a new notification.
       If ( Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 1" )
          LedOn = TRUE
       EndIf

# turn off the led if no notifications are pending
       If ( LedOn && NOT Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 0" )
          LedOn = FALSE
       EndIf

# wait 5 seconds
       Sleep( 5000 )

EndWhile
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 04/22/2007 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Fixed typo in EmailGuid
    Awesome! Thanks hannip!!!!

Funny thing....this morning when I had a text message I'd swear the LED just stayed red while charging. But I just tested it right now with a text message and it's blinking. That's the strangest thing. I certainly must have done something wrong this morning or have been mistaken because everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks again for the new script. I would definitely vote for you for class president or something cool like that!
  10.    #570  
    Let me know how it turns out.
    # check if coming back from suspend and if so rewrite the carrier line
    If ( (TimeStamp() - LastTs) > (SleepSecs + 1) )
    If ( LastTs = 0 )
    # startup delay
    Sleep(7000)
    Else
    # coming back from resume
    Sleep(1000)
    EndIf
    k = RegRead( "HKLM","System\ControlPanel\Power", "Group")
    If ( k = 1 )
    RegWriteString( "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", "TREO ALERTS ((ACTIVE))" )
    RegWriteString( "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", "TREO ALERTS ((ACTIVE))" )
    Else
    RegWriteString( "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", "TREO ALERTS -DISABLED-" )
    RegWriteString( "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", "TREO ALERTS -DISABLED-" )
    EndIf
    EndIf
    LastTs = TimeStamp()

Improved
    The K = 1 is a power setting so on power on of device we get refresh if carrier is in roam/cingular or what ever.This inturn is a battery saver as well.On 2 min loop the device turns on then off with backlight off on the wx for 15sec so when loop alerts Plugin refresh.When you turn on device plugin refresh.
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/07/2007 at 02:52 AM. Reason: k=1 value change from backlight value to power value
    Ive found 2 paths to refresh on power on
    If your roaming if your cingular.when power on of device you will see treo alertsRoam away treo hehehe
  13.    #573  
    Sling, you gotta stop coding in the wee hours of the morning.
    You misinterpreted my code and are using a non existent reg entry.

In your code you are using
    k = RegRead( "HKLM","System\ControlPanel\Power", "Group")
    but that isn't a real reg entry. The one I think you meant is
    k = RegRead( "HKLM","ControlPanel\Power", "Group")

I'll modify my version to do what you were thinking you were doing.

Also I was using the led OnOff to determine Treo Alert state, not the power state so my code is correct as is.

hmm, sling when does that HKLM\ControlPanel\Power Group change values? It's not helping on the 750 at least. I think we need to find a reg value for when there is signal or not. That way it will work coming out of flight mode.

So I'll try the power group to decide whether to use ToggleDisplay On/Off and see if that helps.

Update: It's a no go for the HKLM\ControlPanel\Power Group. It helps nothing that I could see.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/07/2007 at 09:28 AM.
    ONOFF is the icon on/off.When you turn off treo alert the ONOFF value used in inactive thus loop stops so no refresh is found.
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/07/2007 at 09:43 AM.
    k = RegRead( "HKLM","System\Control\Power","Group" )
    If ( k = 1 )

1 is device on
    4 is device off

When 4 value apperas the loop stops=device off
  16.    #576  
    ONOFF is the icon on/off.When you turn off treo alert the ONOFF value used in inactive thus loop stops so no refresh is found.
    I'm not sure what you are trying to fix here Sling. The refresh only runs when coming out of suspend. No other times. Code as is works fine.
  17.    #577  
    I know this Sling, and that's what I was using it for. The loop stops on suspend anyway. There is no refresh going to happen when the power is off since mortscript can't run in suspend.
  18.    #578  
    k = RegRead( "HKLM","System\Control\Power","Group" )
    If ( k = 1 )

1 is device on
    4 is device off

When 4 value apperas the loop stops=device off
    Lol, typo after typo. I *think* you are trying to refer to HKLM ControlPanel\Power Group
    Explain suspend?
    I now it was late and I just woke up=I slept in big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Lol, typo after typo. I *think* you are trying to refer to HKLM ControlPanel\Power Group
    yeah I had it in my mscr right yet late night typing does not work for me.