Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah JD that is when it happens...when i have the external power hooked up...ill try what you suggested...thanks...
    Hello,

Just curious if any of the LED scripts work while the phone is plugged in?

thanks
  3.    #543  
    Do you mean does the led flash when it's charging? The answer is yes, they all do.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Great news
    TB_TB_TB over at XDA hooked me up with the added ledup driver for red led blink...Many thnaks for TB taking the time to help us WM treo owners out
    Hey slingbox,

Did you ever get the led to blink RED? I've been waiting for a way to do this for so long now :-)

thanks
    Ive been trying find the reg keys associated with red/orange blink to no luck for months.
    The only way were going to tap into Those LED pretty colors is to string christmas lights on are treo unless somebody has a better idea.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    lol sling i already got the xmas lights attached...haha...i have been also trying to look for that...all i know is that the 750 blinks a orange led when there is no service, but i can seem to find the reg for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    lol sling i already got the xmas lights attached...haha...i have been also trying to look for that...all i know is that the 750 blinks a orange led when there is no service, but i can seem to find the reg for it...

Try using a reg editor that peeks at the registry via a pc connected to active sync. Look at the values in the areas where you think it should be. Compare the values when no service and when service is available. refresh values as you transition from one state to another.

I posted a link to what I use in this thread. It's called Mobile Registry Editor. There's no "about" screen or I'd give more info.

-- JDC
    Orange hmm .If I could figure out how to trick the reg into be leaving it was roaming yet not roaming then fix a string value to that sucker we would be set but as posted above xmas lights are the way,the only way,no way around it lol
    Most of you already know that there are lots of good apps and games out there that don't work with Treo's square screen. There is an excellent program called "Nyditot Virtual Display" that can simulate any resolution. What I did was the following:

1)For those apps that require different resolution, I deleted their shortcut.
    2)Created a script to change the resolution, launch the app, and then change the resolution back once the app is closed.
    3)Created a shortcut for this script and placed the shortcut in the same place as the original. then used the icon from the original, and assigned it to the shortcut.

Now, when I click on PPC Reversi, for example, the resolution changes, I play the game, and when I quit, the resolution changes back to what it was.

here is the simple code (but you need the app mention above, which costs $20). The time intervals can be shortened, but they have to be this long for the first time you change the resolution (after a treo reboot), since it takes longer for the app to load.

Hopefully someone will find this useful, I sure did. I can now safely buy programs that are not really indended for a square screen and still use them. The best part is that the sylus clicks are correct (not off by several pixels)

previous = "\windows\NVDPrevious.exe"
    game = "\Program Files\Games\PPcReversi.exe"
    menu = "\windows\NVDMenu.exe"

Run(menu)
    sleep(1000)
    sendRight
    sendUP
    sendCR
    sleep(3000)
    sendCR("Warning")
    sleep(5000)
    Runwait (game)
    Run (previous)
  10.    #550  
    Nice. How does the game look when squeezed into 240x240?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Nice. How does the game look when squeezed into 240x240?
    Some programs look better than others, but most look more than acceptable. You can't even tell. The only problem is when there is text, it's a bit difficult to read. Graphics look just fine.
    Orange hmm .If I could figure out how to trick the reg into be leaving it was roaming yet not roaming then fix a string value to that sucker we would be set but as posted above xmas lights are the way,the only way,no way around it lol
    Is there any way to control the flashing rate or turn on the LED permenantly? I have the treo on the Verizon network, and it flashes to indicate service. So flashing the LED for an alert with the current script is not noticable at all.
    edzzik unforuntly no one has been able to figure out how to control the led driver.There will have to be a program wrote to get the actions needed.My A++ skills are Z-- meaning it,s not in my knowledge on how to build .I only know of one person in treocentral with the talent to build such a program.Im sure when he has the time in his very very hectic schedule helping so many memebers at TreoCentral he will be more then happy to move forward with such a program.
    I only know of one person in treocentral with the talent to build such a program.
    Yes, I hope hannip can help with this :-)
  15.    #555  
    Yeah, I'll look into it when I have time again. These 100 hour work weeks are killing me!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I export the reg using Resco and copy to my laptop. Then I use WinDiff to compare.

Edit: Your last post reminded me of some utils I've used in the past from itsme over at the xda forums.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~itsme/projects/xda/tools.html

An adventuresome programmer could use these tools to monitor registry changes while connected via usb sync cable.
    lol a little late but thank you, these are awesome tools! they also work perfectly on the Q
    Guys,

Used the code detailed earlier in the thread and put it into a WM5 executable.
    1. Download sdkcerts.cab from

http://www.navizon.com/downloads/SdkCerts.cab

2. Copy SDKCerts.cab onto the device
    3. Execute the .cab on the device (loads MS code signing certs).
    4. Unzip msgled.zip on your PC
    5. Copy msgled.exe to your startup folder on the Treo
    6. Reset or run msgled.exe

The app will check for new messages every 10 seconds and flash the LED (green) if new messages exist.

Enjoy

Attached Files Attached Files
    Good stuff acwox.No cut downs but we already have green.Have you been able to locate the RED or Orange LED drivers?

Phil C
    Good stuff acwox.No cut downs but we already have green.Have you been able to locate the RED or Orange LED drivers?

Phil C
    Negative , I'll keep searching. Nothing obvious in the Windows API
    Quote Originally Posted by acowx View Post
    Negative , I'll keep searching. Nothing obvious in the Windows API
    According to my guy at Microsoft who asked the WM5 dev team they're saying it's a hardware call to control the LED color, not available via API.

They have a call into Palm to confirm