Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    On you PC
    Right click cab file and properties will be revealed.
    Treo PhoneON/OFF and BluetoothON/OFF scripts at:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138152

BTW, does anyone intend to split this 500+ message thread into smaller elements?

Maybe a table could be created that serves as an index. Oh, sumptin like...

MessageNo. Poster Category Description

20 CodyPC NewbieQ Cody starts his baby steps
    222 SlingBox CAB Sling starts new job as cabbie
    441 Sam-I-Am VoiceCmd Next evolution of Voice Cmd
    460** JDCochran OffTopic .lnk shortcuts to Settings

* denotes MortScript Code Included in post.
    ** denotes misc attachments included in post.

If anyone has a day or two to devote to this, I know I'd appreciate your efforts. An Excel file would be nice... sorted by Category, then Message Number.

-- JDC
    I also visit a forum at fatwallet.com and between the first and second post of each thread is a Summary section that anyone can edit. Does anyone know if TC's forum software has this ability?

I can tell you that is a BIG timesaver because anyone can update that section and you don't have to read the whole thread to find all the relevant posts.

Check out http://www.fatwallet.com/t/18/708724/ for an example. You can also get a free case after rebate at that link
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Jd Great idea .Is it ok if I build a script or 2?
    Your missing one very important new developer to the mix though.
    Kaiguy
    Some shortcut icon building and script would be outstanding.

With all this talent heck let's build a new OS.

Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Jd Great idea .Is it ok if I build a script or 2?
    Your missing one very important new developer to the mix though.
    Kaiguy
    Some shortcut icon building and script would be outstanding.

With all this talent heck let's build a new OS.

Phil C
    With my suggested table, I was sketching on the back of the napkin, not showing the video.

There would be 500+ entries.

Oh... I forgot to request: can we get a hyperlink to the actual message as another column in the table?

Thanks,

--JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    With my suggested table, I was sketching on the back of the napkin, not showing the video.

There would be 500+ entries.

Oh... I forgot to request: can we get a hyperlink to the actual message as another column in the table?

Thanks,

--JDC
    There seems to be no emoticon with a tongue in its cheek.
  7.    #527  
    RC11 is now available.
    No new features this time, just some minor improvements with Input and BigMessage.
    If everything works fine, this'll be the last RC before release. New features will be added to a later V4.1.

http://mort.sto-helit.de/downloads/m...pt-4.0RC11.zip
    Ok, I cannot get NLED to work!? This is rather frustrating.

I have RC11 installed, the script installed at "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript\NLED\NLED.mscr". I also have a shortcut in the startup folder. I have Chines and TreoVibe working successfully, so I know it isn't an issue with my installation or setup of MortScript. I even added simple messages inside the NLED script to tell me if is actually running (which it doesn't seem to be doing).

Anyways, ANY advice would be definitely helpful. LEDUp.exe is installed and I can run it (which it doesn't really do much either w/o extensions). I'm running a Cingular 750. I do have a registry hack on the
    Code:
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\Reminders\AutoSnooze\AutoSnoozeMins = 0
    so it doesn't send reminders more then once. The script isn't even running so I don't think this is the issue. Thanks guys; MortScript is wonderful.

BTW, my modified version of the script (after the original wasn't working) is/was (and yes, I know its a loop so I would get many many messages if it actually was running...)

Code:
    #
    # NLED.mscr - Monitors notifications and turns on and off the notification LED accordingly.
    #

# check dependencies
    If ( NOT FileExists( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe" ) )
       Message ( "Installation of LEDUp.exe is required! Exiting...", "NLED script" )
       Exit
    EndIf

# initialize variables
    LedOn = FALSE
    Notify = FALSE

Message ( "RUNNING NLED", "NLED script" )

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

# check the registry for any notifications
       Notify = RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" )

# turn on the led if any notifications are pending. Keep turning on each iteration since
    # the OS turns it off whenever there is a new notification.
       If ( Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 1" )
          LedOn = TRUE

Message ( "LED ON", "NLED script" )
       EndIf

# turn off the led if no notifications are pending
       If ( LedOn && NOT Notify )
          RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 0" )
          LedOn = FALSE

Message ( "LED OFF", "NLED script" )
       EndIf

# wait 5 seconds
       Sleep( 5000 )

EndWhile
  9.    #529  
    The first thing I'd check is the shortcut. Have you tried running NLED.mscr directly?
    Yes, and nothing happens. OK; after reboot on an incoming email I get my "NLED ON" and then "NLED OFF" messages, yet no change in the LED. Does the LEDUp work for the 750? Ideas?

On different note, I hate PocketWord for this stuff. What text editors do you use?

Thanks hannip for all your help.
    Dale
    Last edited by netdale; 03/06/2007 at 06:18 PM.
  11.    #531  
    So the script is running ok. hmm, go to Start->Programs->Accessories->LEDUp and run Enable Reminder LED. Does your LED starting flashing green?

Yes it works fine on my Cingy 750.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    i am also running NLED on my 750..and its running very well...but im running one of the first scripts of NLED that came out...so i dont have the options to enable and disable...i like the first one cause i want the led to stay on even if i toggle the vibe switch on...i think nled is disabled if you turn the vibe switch on...correct me if im wrong...if the new version of nled is like the first one with the option to able and disable then i will switch...thanks...
    2 nd version when mute switch enabled no led blink is had
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks sling...again awesome work...in the second version is there a way to take that out...the switch to turn it off..when you put the phone on vibe??
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask... feel free to move, delete, whatever...

But how do I get the Input function to display my text correctly even when there's more than 2 lines of text?

The code I'm using is:

Code:
    NewLabelLeft=Input("The old left SoftKey label is " & OldLabelLeft & ".^CR^^LF^What do you want the new label to be?^CR^^LF^","Left Softkey",0,0,OldLabelLeft)
    I've tried many combinations of the ^CR^ and ^LF^ characters... nothing seems to work for me.

I am running RC11, and I'm attaching a screenshot.

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask... feel free to move, delete, whatever...

But how do I get the Input function to display my text correctly even when there's more than 2 lines of text?

The code I'm using is:

Code:
    NewLabelLeft=Input("The old left SoftKey label is " & OldLabelLeft & ".^CR^^LF^What do you want the new label to be?^CR^^LF^","Left Softkey",0,0,OldLabelLeft)
    I've tried many combinations of the ^CR^ and ^LF^ characters... nothing seems to work for me.

Thanks,

Jonathan
    Not sure there's anything you can do about it at this point. The input box doesn't move based on the amount of text, it's always in that position from what I've seen...maybe something Mort can address...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan View Post

The code I'm using is:

Code:

Thanks,

Jonathan
    .. I don't think there is a way around this 2-line limit (yet).

Suggest abbreviating... like:

Code:
    NewLabelLeft=Input("OldLabel=" & OldLabelLeft & "^CR^^LF^Enter NewLabel...","Left Softkey",0,0,OldLabelLeft)
    Also, I just noticed that Mort expanded on the cababilties of this command to accept a default value. Nice... but be wary of "Input" commands that won't work in previous releases.

I really wish Mort would update his versions numbers in his beta releases.

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 03/08/2007 at 11:33 AM.
    Any idea how to pass a special character like ^NL^ as plain text rather than it interpreting as a new line?

EDIT: Figured it out but it's a little bit of a pain

PlainTextString = "^NL"
    PlainTextString = PlainTextString & "^"

Message(PlainTextString)
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/08/2007 at 02:56 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    quick question, anyone experiencing your phone getting stuck in sleep mode...i have a 750 and it gets stuck in sleep mode, and the led light blinks faster than normal...it seems like it might have something to do with NLED...it was working fine till i moved NLED to Windows/programs/mortscript....and the only way to wake the phone up is to pull the batt...help please...i originally had NLED in programs/mortsript...thanks in advanced
    I've experienced something similar. I usually have to re-boot to get it out of this anomaly. It usually occurs only when I have external power connected and I've done something related to Keylights. I can "fix" it by disabling the keylock and then going to Settings\System\Backlight and fiddling with the settings there.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by jdcochran; 03/09/2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Hop, hope... it's all the same to the easter bunny.