Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Thread is getting to long.We have outstanding work but it's very unorganized We need a safe drop thread for completed scripts with discussion thread attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Very cool!

... complete scripts...
    does such a thing exist?

hah well that's another positive effect of one thread per individual project, mods, customizations can be added in an organized fashion (ie, in that thread!)
    true true but for the normal everyday user some of this stuff is above there head in turn there missing out on all the good stuff.Put it in a box for them,wrap it up and let them open with confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    true true but for the normal everyday user some of this stuff is above there head in turn there missing out on all the good stuff.Put it in a box for them,wrap it up and let them open with confidence.
    spoken like an off-duty CAB driver.

I agree with the notion of a Mortscript forum where threads can be followed easier and special interests can gather 'round the keylights. But, I also think we should take a closer look at a standardized install, whereas casual users won't give up when hard-coded pathings don't jive with their environment or some other idiosyncrasy.

I know, i'm one of the worst offenders. but if we had some well-thought out guidelines...i'd do my best to follow them.

Maybe someone could create a sticky that spells it all out?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    spoken like an off-duty CAB driver.

I agree with the notion of a Mortscript forum where threads can be followed easier and special interests can gather 'round the keylights. But, I also think we should take a closer look at a standardized install, whereas casual users won't give up when hard-coded pathings don't jive with their environment or some other idiosyncrasy.

I know, i'm one of the worst offenders. but if we had some well-thought out guidelines...i'd do my best to follow them.

Maybe someone could create a sticky that spells it all out?
    Hmmm spoken like JD. LOL
    Great idea.you make the rules that way it will make it hard for you to break them
  7.    #507  
    Some rules I've been following.

1) Install scripts to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript. If there is more than one script involved create a subfolder and put it in there.
    Scripts in this path can be set to buttons and started via voice command.
    If you have a super duper script that you think needs special attention link it in the Programs folder and give it a nice icon.

2) Always get the current script path using SystemPath( "ScriptPath" ) when calling dependent scripts so that your scripts can be moved anywhere and still work.

I'm flexible on 1 if someone has a better idea. I don't like putting scripts in the \Program Files\MortScript folder or below. For the more elaborate scripts with a cab install it probably makes more sense to install like a regular app. For example Treo Vibe would be installed in \Program Files\Treo Vibe folder with a link back to the Programs folder or startup as need be.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Did you ever want a way to just press a button to start recording a voice note? Well here you have it. This script launches Notes and starts recording. When done recording just hit the Ok button to stop. Notes will generate the file name for you which you can rename afterwards.

Code:
    # Record.mscr - launches Notes and starts recording

# y display resolution. Swap as needed
    maxY = 240
    #maxY = 320

isRunning = WndExists( "Notes" )

# if notes is already running close it.  This is done to get consistent operation
    If ( isRunning )
    	Close( "Notes" )
    EndIf

Run( "\Windows\notes.exe" )
    WaitForActive( "Notes", 10 )
    SendRightSoft( "Notes" )
    SendKeys( "Notes", "v" )
    Sleep( 500 )
    MouseClick( 10, maxY - 30 )
    Installation steps:
    1) Install MortScript (if not yet installed)
    2) Copy Record.mscr to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    3) Assign button to Record using Start-Setting Buttons app

MortScript can be downloaded here (it's free)
    http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...st&category=17

Attached is a zipped up Record.mscr

Hannip,

Can't seem to get this working.

Installed Mortscript, then the mscr file into the Mortscript directory. Launched mortscript, then the mscr itself, got the error "maxY unknown command". I commented that out, then got another error "unknown command isrunning", line: isRunning = WndExists("Notes").

Any ideas? Probably something stupid and simple on my part.
    Overall I feel as hannip does.
    but I really like having cab install for the user on the more popular wanted programs.With more popularity comes more download so lets make it easy for the users.
    Scotty Treo Vib script is a perfect example.Scotty let me know If you want it in cab form .It's a sweet program with many mom and pops wanting it. lets make it easy for them to download and remove as needed.
    It is put in a mort software programs thread for easy access.
    I like the idea of a subforum for mortscript apps as Kaiguy suggested, I still think each project should have it's own thread as projects tend to change as jd mentioned.

All those in favor say "aye"!
    aye
    aye. (I actually mentioned the idea of a sub forum a few pages back
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Made a request post on the Treocentral board:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1209992
  14.    #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by gojeda View Post
    Hannip,

Can't seem to get this working.

Installed Mortscript, then the mscr file into the Mortscript directory. Launched mortscript, then the mscr itself, got the error "maxY unknown command". I commented that out, then got another error "unknown command isrunning", line: isRunning = WndExists("Notes").

Any ideas? Probably something stupid and simple on my part.

Sounds to me that you've installed an old version of mortScript. You need at least 4.0.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Sounds to me that you've installed an old version of mortScript. You need at least 4.0.
    Indeed you are probably right as, I believe, I installed 3.1.

I couldnt get it of Mort's site as the download link wasnt work, so I downloaded it from pocketgear.com

I will look for the most recent version this time. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    Well I don't know if you were just linking to Mort's page or if you realized there's an updated version, but I just realized RC10 is out now... I looked yesterday and it was still RC9. Thanks for the link to get me looking again, g-funkster!
  17.    #518  
    Yep, and Mort fixed setup.dll in RC10 at my request. It allowed me to make my one step A2DP cab install using mortscripts for install/uninstall. Pretty slick.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Thanks..will take a look...
    While you're looking, see also:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa456240.aspx
    when i install the RC10, it still says that I am installing rc9 in the dialog box.... ist there a way to make sure it is rc10?