Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
  1.    #481  
    Wow, you guys are really pumping them out!

Very nice scotty!
    Ok, tested and confirmed. The Shortcut Creator mentioned in my last post works very well for finding the resource id of existing .exe's or .dll's and implementing them into existing shortcuts. I think this, combined with an icon editor and you guys are on your way to creating a nice little icon for the Treo keylight script...
  3.    #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I think I might have found something to help figure it out the icon resource id. Haven't read it in its entirety yet, but it looks promising...
    http://oldsap.blogspot.com/2006/07/c...-shortcut.html
    and
    http://mobile-sg.com/simpleblog/arch...ost.asp?id=846

And for the purposes of the Treo Keylight script, this free program can edit and extract icons:
    http://icofx.xhost.ro/

Sorry... I keep editing because I'm finding good stuff. Shortcut creator over at xda-developers. Has a browser to show the icon resource ids as well.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=275577
    Awesome finds. I used Rviewer to get the resource id from PocketMax's icon and used it for Treo Keylight. hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    oh right. It would be cool if you could set AE Button Plus to detect a double alt key press as ctrl key then be able to press any other key. I guess you could in a indirect way. Assign a double alt press to run a script that takes a one character input. Then send ctrl-<char> to the application.
    Ahh yes that is an excellent idea!
    Awesome finds. I used Rviewer to get the resource id from PocketMax's icon and used it for Treo Keylight. hehe
    I posted a link to the resource editor I use... last week I thnk. not only is it good to peer inside .exe .dll and others (.cpl, too) for icon control, u can also resize dialogue boxes that bleed off the screen as well as re-arrange dialogue buttons and other elements. simply edit and re-compile and overwrite the original. u can also perform minor edits to menu controlls. i've hacked more than one app. the first one was an alarm clock app... I think I posted the link to that, too, a few weeks ago. i'd post them again... but i'm on the "mini" computer and I can only have one slice of PIE at a time.

-- JDC
    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w
    running a self-propelled MortScript
    commanded to execute by voice
    while driving my car handsfree)

Last edited by jdcochran; 02/27/2007 at 08:11 PM.
  6.    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    I posted a link to the resource editor I use... last week I thnk. not only is it good to peer inside .exe .dll and others (.cpl, too) for icon control, u can also resize dialogue boxes that bleed off the screen as well as re-arrange dialogue buttons and other elements. simply edit and re-compile and overwrite the original. u can also perform minor edits to menu controlls. i've hacked more than one app. the first one was an alarm clock app... I think I posted the link to that, too, a few weeks ago. i'd post them again... but i'm on the "mini" computer and I can only have one slice of PIE at a time.
    hmm, I must've missed the link for your resource editor. I did see your links for settings which is very nice.
    Ok guys I just got Reminder alert/missed call/V-mail/sms script compleat in CAB download form.Were should I drop this bad boy.WX/W forums are here are both??
    Ok 700 wx forums it is
    hmm, I must've missed the link for your resource editor. I did see your links for settings which is very nice.
    The resource editor I use may have been in the instructions for the alarm clock hack.

I wanted to use it not to hack but to peek at the control panel cpl to create some more links, especially, the Wireless Manager on my Verizon Treo 700w. Still seek this info, if anyone can finger it out.

I used the resource hacker (and what I learned from the very detailed instructions) also to resourse hack a tip calculator -- "Tipster.exe" -- a freeware app from Ilium software.

Just as an illustration of how powerful the results are, I've attached the original and hacked versions of Tipster.exe, which was designed for a rectagonal screen larger than 240x240. Both .exe files should work by double-clicking the exe from file explorer on your PPC.

The resource hacker also works with PC .exe, dll, etc.

Try tweaking the tipster.exe. You'll be amazed at how simple it is.

Bonus -- you get to learn syntax for another scripting language.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Scotty,

It looks like you already released the script. Please let me know if you still want me to do this (it isnt a problem but I was away for a bit today).

Thanks,
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Thanks Rich, I'm pretty sure the phone actually needs to be ringing in order to get the correct value.

If you want to test it, you can use the following script:

Code:
    #Incoming Call test for Verizon WX

While(1)
    x = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Status" )
    If (x = 276830368)
    Message("Incoming Call!")
    EndIf
    Sleep (5000)
    EndWhile
    Place the script in the MortScript directory and run it, then call your phone. If it's the correct value you should see the little message popup indicating the call is coming through. If you don't it's the wrong value.

To kill the script, I think it depends on what release of MortScript you are using. I use RC8 so I can just click the script again, it asks if I want to abort and I choose yes. Otherwise you can either soft reset or if you have something like MemMaid or SKTools you can kill the MortScript.exe and that should kill the script.

Let me know the results!
    It took me an hour to find it, but it was post #286.

I cannot emphasize enuff how wonderfully enlightening this link was.

The free resource hacking software is in the instructions.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,34615.0.html

-- JDC

software link: http://www.devhood.com/Tools/tool_de...px?tool_id=420
    Thanks, so when the phone was ringing, the value was 8460448 (for a Verizon phone).

Anyone got a SprintWX or a 750V who can look at the reg value when the phone is ringing? VerizonWX too maybe?

HKLM\System\State\Phone\Status
    OK, I bit the bullet and called myself while attached to Active Sync with a PC-to-PPC Registry editor.

You may be interested in the results.

In addition to the Status DWORD changing, there are 7 NEW registry entries added when an incoming call is ringing.

I think you should not try to decipher the status word, but simply look for the existence of the DWORD "Active Call Count" (or look at its value being greater than zero). Also, you might want to examine the following:

"Incoming Call ID Status" -- mine was "2". I bet an "unknown number" (not in Contacts) would be a different status value.

"Incoming Caller Name" -- check for "unknown number" or whatever is normally displayed on the pop-up when an unknown caller calls.

"Incoming Caller Number" -- say... decipher the first 3 numbers, parse a text file, and display what city/state/country the call is coming from.

"Incoming Caller OID"

"Incoming Caller PropID"

"Incoming Caller PropName" -- "h"=home, "m"=mobile, etc.

Attached is a dump of my screens in Word format.

Also, here's a few Area Code links...

http://www.bennetyee.org/ucsd-pages/area.html

http://www.allareacodes.com/

http://www.thedirectory.org/pref/

International...

http://www.the-acr.com/codes/cntrycd.htm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/28/2007 at 12:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey sling is there a way to turn or toggle the alert on and off??? at night i would like to use only the nled, and turn off the alert, then back on during the day..also sling i have a noob question...when testing a script and its not working right, do i just delete the script and restore my reg with the one i backed it up with?? thanks in advanced...
    Last edited by Rino808; 02/28/2007 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    OK, I bit the bullet and called myself while attached to Active Sync with a PC-to-PPC Registry editor.

You may be interested in the results.

In addition to the Status DWORD changing, there are 7 NEW registry entries added when an incoming call is ringing.

I think you should not try to decipher the status word, but simply look for the existence of the DWORD "Active Call Count" (or look at its value being greater than zero). Also, you might want to examine the following:

"Incoming Call ID Status" -- mine was "2". I bet an "unknown number" (not in Contacts) would be a different status value.

"Incoming Caller Name" -- check for "unknown number" or whatever is normally displayed on the pop-up when an unknown caller calls.

"Incoming Caller Number" -- say... decipher the first 3 numbers, parse a text file, and display what city/state/country the call is coming from.

"Incoming Caller OID"

"Incoming Caller PropID"

"Incoming Caller PropName" -- "h"=home, "m"=mobile, etc.

Attached is a dump of my screens in Word format.

Also, here's a few Area Code links...

http://www.bennetyee.org/ucsd-pages/area.html

http://www.allareacodes.com/

http://www.thedirectory.org/pref/

International...

http://www.the-acr.com/codes/cntrycd.htm
    Thanks..will take a look...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Scotty,

It looks like you already released the script. Please let me know if you still want me to do this (it isnt a problem but I was away for a bit today).

Thanks,
    Rich
    If you could that would be great. Need to see the Status value while the phone is ringing when uncradled and cradled (I think connected to activesync is sufficient if you don't have an actual cradle).

I typically leave my reg editor (Resco in this case), at HKLM\System\State
    Dial the phone, when it rings access the reg editor again and choose Phone, then scroll down to Status and capture the value, or just hang up you should stick on the same screen

Thanks..will take a look...
    I modified your IncomingCall script to check for the existence of the "Active Call Count" registry Dword. I also put in an abort/cancel feature.

You might want to test this code, as is, on other platforms.

-- JDC

Code:
    # IncomingCall.mscr
    # Incoming Call test, verified on Palm Treo - Verizon 700w

IncomingCall = 0

SleepMessage (3, "IncomingCall.mscr Activated...","IncomingCall.mscr",1)

While(1)

answer = 0

x = RegValueExists ( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Active Call Count" )

If (x)
    		Message("Incoming Call!","InCallWin")
    		x = 0
    		answer = Question ("Resume ?","IncomingCall.mscr","OkCancel")
    		If (answer = 2)
    			exit
    			killscript("IncomingCall.mscr")
    		EndIf 
    		SleepMessage (3, "IncomingCall.mscr resuming...","IncomingCall.mscr",1)
    	EndIf

Sleep (3000)

EndWhile
    Hi folks!

What is TreoVibe?

For folks coming from PalmOS Treos, you are probably used to how the Treo vibrates on an incoming call, with a 2 short vibrates and a long vibrate, 2 short vibrates, and a long vibrate, etc...

Well, coming over to Windows Mobile, the vibrate function works differently, as it's just one continuous vibration if you have enabled the phone to vibrate on an incoming call. Some folks including myself don't like the way this works, so I've developed a little "app" with MortScript to help out!

TreoVibe solves this and more, by allowing you to set how the phone vibrates on an incoming call. The default values are very close to the PalmOS Treos, and you can customize it how you like!

FEATURES

- Carrier and Model Select: Select your carrier and model as each phone is a little different
    Note: Vodafone 750v, VerizonWX, and SprintWX models may not work with this initial release

- Set Vibration Lengths: Set the length in milliseconds for the short vibrate and long vibrate

- Set Vibration Style: Choose from 4 options, with the ability (with a little customization to the script)
    to create more if you want to!

Vibration Styles
    -- Treo Classic: Short, Short, Long...Short, Short Long...
    -- Short, Short, Short: as the name implies, 3 short vibrations repeated while the phone
    is ringing
    -- Short, Long, Short: as the name implies, 1 short vibration then a long vibration, then a short
    vibration repeated while the phone is ringing
    -- Long, Long Long: as the name implies, 3 long vibrations, repeated while the phone is ringing

- Test TreoVibe: After selecting your vibration lengths and style, test it out to see what it will feel like when
    the phone is ringing. It will repeat your settings 3 times to give you a "feel" for it

- Enable TreoVibe: Enable TreoVibe so that it will work on incoming calls

- Disable TreoVibe: Disable TreoVibe so the default vibration will take over.

ZIP FILE CONTENTS (extract to your PC or device):

MortScript 4.0 RC9 CAB
    README (what you're reading now)
    TreoVibe folder and scripts

INSTALLATION

Ensure MortScript 4.0 RC9 is installed on your device (included in case you don't have it)

MortScript 4.0 RC9 is required in order for TreoVibe to operate properly. It will operate on RC8 but the feature to
    Disable TreoVibe will not.

Copy the TreoVibe folder and its contents to your phone and place it in the MortScript Directory (it can go other places
    as well but the folder contents need to be kept together). By default you would have a MortScript\TreoVibe folder with its
    contents:
    TreoVibe.ini (your preferences)
    MyVibe.mscr (script that runs to vibrate to your liking)
    TreoVibe.mscr (main script)

Run TreoVibe.mscr and select your Carrier and Model
    Note: Vodafone 750v, VerizonWX, and SprintWX models may not work with this initial release

If you would like to use all the default options:
    -- Carrier and Model: Cingular 750
    -- Short Vibrate (in milliseconds): 500
    -- Long Vibrate (in millesenconds): 1250
    -- Vibrate Style: Classic Treo
    Then you're all set and you can enable TreoVibe, or test TreoVibe and configure to your liking.

The above documentation is included in the README in the attached zip.

Enjoy!

Note: If you would like this to run automatically after a reset, once TreoVibe has been configured, put a link to MyVibe.mscr in your Windows\Startup directory.

Also, I'm looking for folks who have a:
    Vodaphone 750V
    Sprint 700WX
    Verizon 700WX

who have/are familiar with a Registry Editor that can look up the registry value at:
    HKLM\System\State\Phone\Status while the phone is ringing in order to capture the correct value for the script to recognize when there is an incoming call. This way I can adjust TreoVibe for each model (doesn't have to be a Treo either, any WM5 device should work the same).

EDIT 1 -- Working on Rev1... apparently the Phone Status reg value is different when cradled vs not. Rev 1 is done..accounts for cradled vs. uncradled on the 750...may not work properly cradled vs uncradled on the 700W...need some testers!
    Scotty what a great idea.very very cool f,sure
    thx...just got my next idea from another thread...

Hi folks!

What is TreoVibe?
    Very cool!

Hey guys, I was wondering if we could release complete scripts into individual threads.. something like "MortApp: TreoVibe" or something? This thread is much too long for me to follow
    We should see if the mods would make us a mortscript subforum. There's a lot of good stuff in here, but hard to look back to find something from a while ago.