Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 718
  1.    #461  
    Whoever has some spare cycles I have a challenge for you. We need to build an icon resource file so that we can make shortcuts to our favorite scripts that have nice icons appropriate for each application.

    I first suggested this to slingbox for our keylight script. It would be awesome to have the keylight script show a shining key in the Programs folder.

    Here is a link that describes how to make an icon resource file using eVC which is free.

    http://www.gpcarreon.com/?p=18

    Good luck my fellow Jedi. May the force be with you!
  2. #462  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Mine is Verizon. The enumerated value probably translates to something like the square root of the phone model times the cancellation fee of your carrier times the length in parsecs that Wharf was transplaced when he got too close to a worm hole.

    Unless there's a published list somewhere, it'll be trial and error.

    I DO know, however, that the "Cellular System Available" value is "4" when my phone radio is ON (with broadband access) and "0" when off.

    -- JDC
    Thanks, so when the phone was ringing, the value was 8460448 (for a Verizon phone).

    Anyone got a SprintWX or a 750V who can look at the reg value when the phone is ringing? VerizonWX too maybe?

    HKLM\System\State\Phone\Status
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3. #463  
    Im not sure if the phone needs to be actually ringing while looking at the reg key, but on my verizon wx the dword data is: 276830368 (phone not actually ringing)
  4. #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Thanks, so when the phone was ringing, the value was 8460448 (for a Verizon phone).

    ...
    Today's test results are slightly different than the last test...

    Before I rec'd a call, the value for "Status" was 8392864

    Drawing from inference, I think it changed to 8460448 when it rang.... not sure tho. I was not monitoring the registry AS it was ringing, but I did have a registry editor open when it was ringing... then was able to toggle OFF the PHONE KEY to the HARDWARE key then back to the PHONE key before I hang up. It's been my experience that when a registry editor is open and an expected change is looked for, simply browsing off a key and then back refreshes it. Also, the values are "Last Known" values... and the registry editor I'm using is not dynamic. Again, has anyone tried the/a PC registry editor that works over Active Sync to run this or similar test? I forgot my sync cable (which I use exclusively at work) and did not have time to test via bluetooth last nite (which I use at home).

    When I refreshed the registry after I hung up on myself (without leaving a message... if you're taking notes), the value was 8394912.

    -- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/27/2007 at 11:09 AM.
  5. #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Im not sure if the phone needs to be actually ringing while looking at the reg key, but on my verizon wx the dword data is: 276830368 (phone not actually ringing)
    Thanks Rich, I'm pretty sure the phone actually needs to be ringing in order to get the correct value.

    If you want to test it, you can use the following script:

    Code:
    #Incoming Call test for Verizon WX
    
    While(1)
    x = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Status" )
    If (x = 276830368)
    Message("Incoming Call!")
    EndIf
    Sleep (5000)
    EndWhile
    Place the script in the MortScript directory and run it, then call your phone. If it's the correct value you should see the little message popup indicating the call is coming through. If you don't it's the wrong value.

    To kill the script, I think it depends on what release of MortScript you are using. I use RC8 so I can just click the script again, it asks if I want to abort and I choose yes. Otherwise you can either soft reset or if you have something like MemMaid or SKTools you can kill the MortScript.exe and that should kill the script.

    Let me know the results!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6. #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Today's test results are slightly different than the last test...

    Before I rec'd a call, the value for "Status" was 8392864

    Drawing from inference, I think it changed to 8460448 when it rang.... not sure tho. I was not monitoring the registry AS it was ringing, but I did have a registry editor open when it was ringing... then was able to toggle OFF the PHONE KEY to the HARDWARE key then back to the PHONE key before I hang up. It's been my experience that when a registry editor is open and an expected change is looked for, simply browsing off a key and then back refreshes it. Also, the values are "Last Known" values... and the registry editor I'm using is not dynamic. Again, has anyone tried the/a PC registry editor that works over Active Sync to run this or similar test? I forgot my sync cable (which I use exclusively at work) and did not have time to test via bluetooth last nite (which I use at home).

    When I refreshed the registry after I hung up on myself (without leaving a message... if you're taking notes), the value was 8394912.

    -- JDC
    JDC

    Can you use the script above, change the value and try it on your phone?

    Thx
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7. #467  
    Quick question.. it doesnt seem as if there is a simple way to send just a ctrl button. Id like to have full functionality on my keyboard, and be able to use ctrl-a,ctrl-c,ctrl-x etc. I have used hannips script from a few pages back, and modified it somewhat to my liking, but would rather have just a ctrl being executed when i hit a keyboard combination.

    Thanks.
  8. #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    JDC

    Can you use the script above, change the value and try it on your phone?

    Thx
    yes, it worked.
  9. #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    yes, it worked.
    Cool. And yours is a W or a WX?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    Quick question.. it doesnt seem as if there is a simple way to send just a ctrl button. Id like to have full functionality on my keyboard, and be able to use ctrl-a,ctrl-c,ctrl-x etc. I have used hannips script from a few pages back, and modified it somewhat to my liking, but would rather have just a ctrl being executed when i hit a keyboard combination.

    Thanks.
    Have a look at AE Button Plus. That in combination with MortScript should fix you right up. AE Button Plus isn't free however. I think it's $7.
  11. #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Cool. And yours is a W or a WX?
    Ummm I forget... let me check...

    -- JDC

    [e-signature sent via desktop dinosaur running an automated MortScript Ver 4.0 RC9 commanded to execute with a mouseclick that effectively adds precious miliseconds on top of my otherwise productive day. ]

    Whoops... wrong script...

    -- JDC
    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w running an automated MortScript commanded to execute with a voice command while driving my car handsfree)
  12. #472  
    Hmm. don't think I was clear enouh, hannip. basically I want to virt press option-start and have it select just the ctrl key. I looked through the ms documentation and it seems you have to send a ctrl combination
  13.    #473  
    oh right. It would be cool if you could set AE Button Plus to detect a double alt key press as ctrl key then be able to press any other key. I guess you could in a indirect way. Assign a double alt press to run a script that takes a one character input. Then send ctrl-<char> to the application.
  14. #474  
    Ok script gurus... I need some direction if anyone is willing to offer it.

    I've been using a modified Multiswitch script to be able to call the new Slinghann Treo keylight script for use in Slingplayer Mobile and it's been working great. When I tried to implement it while runinng TomTom Navigator, I run into a little speedbump: TomTom will minimize to the Today screen. Same thing happened with the old keylight program, so it's obviously TomTom's behavior.

    I'm assuming what would be a better option would be to have a script call the keylight script, then run TomTom. But here's what I don't know how to do: have that same script call the keylight script again once TomTom is closed--to put everything back to normal. Either this or figure out a way to prevent TomTom from minimizing once I run the keylight script from within the program.

    Any ideas?
  15. #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Ummm I forget... let me check...

    -- JDC

    [e-signature sent via desktop dinosaur running an automated MortScript Ver 4.0 RC9 commanded to execute with a mouseclick that effectively adds precious miliseconds on top of my otherwise productive day. ]

    Whoops... wrong script...

    -- JDC
    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w running an automated MortScript commanded to execute with a voice command while driving my car handsfree)
    Great, now all I need is a Verizon 700WX and a Sprint 700WX and I'll be able to release my latest that I think folks will like...may release it anyway with the caveat that it may not work with the VZW 700WX or Sprint 700WX
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  16.    #476  
    How are you running your multiswitch script? From the side button? I'm not sure why that would cause TomTom to close.

    You can write a script that
    1) calls Treo Keylight.lnk
    2) calls TomTom and waits till it's done.
    3) calls Treo keylight.lnk

    TomTom.mscr
    # toggle keylights, run TomTom and toggle keylights again
    Run( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Treo Keylight.lnk" )
    RunWait( "path to tomtom exe" )
    Run( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Treo Keylight.lnk" )
  17. #477  
    Thanks for the reply, Hannip. Yes, I'm running it off the side key. The keylight is not the default action--only when I'm in Slingplayer or TomTom. I'm not sure why it's minimizing either. I assume it has something to do with TomTom being very willing to giving up its focus for phone-related events. But that's a complete guess.

    Thanks for the suggestion on RunWait(). That's exactly what I need.

    Now to make this even better, how do I make it so the icon shows TomTom? I know you mentioned something about that regarding the keylight script... is it a shortcut setting of some sort?
  18.    #478  
    I haven't investigated it fully yet, but if you can find out the resource id of the icon in the TomTom exe you can easily change the shortcut setting to show the icon. Anyone here know how to lookup resource id's?
  19. #479  
    I think I might have found something to help figure it out the icon resource id. Haven't read it in its entirety yet, but it looks promising...
    http://oldsap.blogspot.com/2006/07/c...-shortcut.html
    and
    http://mobile-sg.com/simpleblog/arch...ost.asp?id=846

    And for the purposes of the Treo Keylight script, this free program can edit and extract icons:
    http://icofx.xhost.ro/

    Sorry... I keep editing because I'm finding good stuff. Shortcut creator over at xda-developers. Has a browser to show the icon resource ids as well.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=275577
    Last edited by kaiguy; 02/27/2007 at 06:36 PM.
  20. #480  
    Moved to separate thread here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/02/2007 at 10:35 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

Posting Permissions