Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    I'd like to come up with a way to have your phone talk back to you. With Voice Command, you can get a lot of functionality directly though voice command/responses.

The only program I've found that might be used to accomplish this is flite, but it is big and of dubious quality. Anyone have any other ideas for accomplishing this?

We could greatly expand the functionality of voice command this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    I'd like to come up with a way to have your phone talk back to you. With Voice Command, you can get a lot of functionality directly though voice command/responses.

The only program I've found that might be used to accomplish this is flite, but it is big and of dubious quality. Anyone have any other ideas for accomplishing this?

We could greatly expand the functionality of voice command this way.
    who boy... I can hear it now...

"Start Solitaire""

"{bleep} are you sure? your wife just called 5.2 minutes ago from a position triangulated to be 1.2 miles from your current position. you know how she gets when you spend too much time with your electronic mistress. "

"cancel"

"{bleep} "that's a good boy, Mortie"

Seriously, I've used Flite too. It sure would be nice if Microsoft opened up the voice command software for "tweaking".

-- JDC
    Here's another attempt of mine to explore the dynamic subroutine concept.

I need someone to test and pick the code apart. I have made comments in the code where I need help. The most annoying problem is the looping "Choice" loop minimizes PIE after the 1st iteration.

If you use a task manager like Magic Button, it's not so much of a burden, but a nuisance nontheless.

This script, as is, is useful to conveniently explore all the .htm HELP files that all or most of your installed apps place in the \windows\ dir.

It also has potential to launch other apps associated with other file types (pics, .txt, .wav, .mp3, etc).

-- JDC
    Code:
    # RunFileList.mscr
    # 
    # Creates a List of specific files in a specific dir, 
    # adds them to a selection list and attempts to run them.
    #
    #
    # Rev a, Initial Alpha  2/23/2007
    #
    # 
    #
    # JDCochran (Atlanta, GA)
    # jdcochran@hotmail.com
    #
    # for testing purposes, select the defaults
    n=0
    AppDir = "\Windows\"
    AppFileSpec = "*.htm"
    App = "\Windows\iexplore.exe"
    AppWindowName = "Internet Explorer"
    TempFile = "\TempFile.txt"
    TempMortSub = "\TempMortSub.mscr"
    ThisScript = "RunFileList.mscr"

AppDirSel = Input ("Enter Directory Name to Process ^LF^DefaultDir = [  " &AppDir & "   ]") 

If (AppDirSel eq "")
    	AppDirSel = AppDir
    EndIf

#Message (AppDirSel)

AppFileSpecSel = Input ("Enter Filespec to Process^LF^DefaultFileSpec = [ " &AppFileSpec & " ]") 

If (AppFileSpecSel eq "")
    	AppFileSpecSel = AppFileSpec
    EndIf

# Why don't I see the cute revolving pie chart here????
    ShowWaitCursor

#Message (AppDir & AppFileSpecSel)
    TmpMortWinName = "Launch Files From " &AppDir
    Header = "Choice = 1 ^LF^While (Choice)^CR^^LF^"
    Header = Header & "Choice(""" &TmpMortWinName & """,""Choose File From List"", FileNameX)^CR^^LF^"
    WriteFile (TempMortSub, Header)

ForEach FileName in files ( AppDir & AppFileSpecSel) 
    	n=n+1
    	FileNameX[n] = FileName
    	WriteLine = "Case " &n &"^CR^^LF^"
    	WriteFile(TempMortSub, WriteLine, 1 )
    	WriteLine = "Run (""" & App & """,""" & Filename &""")^CR^^LF^"
    	WriteFile(TempMortSub, WriteLine, 1 )
    	WriteFile (TempMortSub, "WaitFor(""" &AppWindowName &""", 10)^CR^^LF^", 1)
    	WriteFile(TempMortSub, "If (WindowActive (""" &AppWindowName &"""))^CR^^LF^", 1)
    	WriteFile(TempMortSub, "Show(""" &AppWindowName &""")^CR^^LF^", 1)
    	WriteFile(TempMortSub, "EndIf^CR^^LF^", 1)
    # At this point, need to suspend execution of the subroutine until User closes or minimizes 
    # Window "Internet Explorer" or until Window TmpMortWinName is active again.
    # Help???? (the next line ain't gunna do it, but it might be a step in the right direction)
    #	WriteFile (TempMortSub, "WaitFor(""" &TmpMortWinName &""", 10)^CR^^LF^", 1)
    EndForEach

Footer = "Case 0 ^CR^^LF^Exit^CR^^LF^KillScript (ThisScript)^CR^^LF^EndChoice^CR^^LF^EndWhile"
    WriteFile (TempMortSub, Footer, 1)
    HideWaitCursor

CallScript(TempMortSub)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Here's another attempt of mine to explore the dynamic subroutine concept.

I need someone to test and pick the code apart. I have made comments in the code where I need help. The most annoying problem is the looping "Choice" loop minimizes PIE after the 1st iteration.

If you use a task manager like Magic Button, it's not so much of a burden, but a nuisance nontheless.

This script, as is, is useful to conveniently explore all the .htm HELP files that all or most of your installed apps place in the \windows\ dir.

It also has potential to launch other apps associated with other file types (pics, .txt, .wav, .mp3, etc).

-- JDC
    Hey jdcochran,
    Cool concept, but not sure why the dynamic code is needed, or is it just because you can?

ShowWaitCursor only works if there are no windows spawned in the script. If you try a simple script that does "ShowWaitCursor, Sleep(10000), HideWaitCursor' you'll see that it works, but the minute a dialog or message box is used, forget it. Fortunately, there is a workaround if you think about it, hmmm....

Regarding your other comment, could you just create a while loop that does:

While ( NOT WndActive( scriptname) && NOT ProcExists( FileBase( App ) ) )
    Sleep( whatever )

Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Hey jdcochran,
    Cool concept, but not sure why the dynamic code is needed, or is it just because you can?
    Well, yes and no. I'll eventually want look into the bowels of the storage card for .exe files or .mp3s that I forgot were there, when I finger out how to process dirs recursively. I'll modify the code to either Launch the file, Explore the Dir with a different App, or Delete the selected file.

I also wanted to prove the concept. There are others on here who would benefit from such, I would think.

ShowWaitCursor only works if there are no windows spawned in the script. If you try a simple script that does "ShowWaitCursor, Sleep(10000), HideWaitCursor' you'll see that it works, but the minute a dialog or message box is used, forget it. Fortunately, there is a workaround if you think about it, hmmm....
    --- um, have the simple script call a complex script?

Regarding your other comment, could you just create a while loop that does:

While ( NOT WndActive( scriptname) && NOT ProcExists( FileBase( App ) ) )
    Sleep( whatever )

Z.
    I'll try this later...

Thanks,

John
    Well, yes and no. I'll eventually want look into the bowels of the storage card for .exe files or .mp3s that I forgot were there, when I finger out how to process dirs recursively. I'll modify the code to either Launch the file, Explore the Dir with a different App, or Delete the selected file.

I also wanted to prove the concept. There are others on here who would benefit from such, I would think.

--- um, have the simple script call a complex script?

I'll try this later...

Thanks,

John
    Got it. Hah, we are thinking along similar lines. I wrote a file dialog (allows the user to browse directories to select a file, also based upon a filespec) for a larger project which I'm still working on. I can post it up later when I get home if you want it, but it sounds like you are trying to do something different though.

About the waitcursor, yeah simply use another script to invoke the cursor and stop the cursor. It's a hack but it works.

Z.
    Got it. Hah, we are thinking along similar lines. I wrote a file dialog (allows the user to browse directories to select a file, also based upon a filespec) for a larger project which I'm still working on. I can post it up later when I get home if you want it, but it sounds like you are trying to do something different though.

About the waitcursor, yeah simply use another script to invoke the cursor and stop the cursor. It's a hack but it works.

Z.
    I could get my script to call a WaitCursor Script, but no visual indicator that anything was happening.

Works great on the PC, tho. Little hourglass dropping sand like Dorothy dropped Toto when she got loopy on the poppies.

-- JDC
    I could get my script to call a WaitCursor Script, but no visual indicator that anything was happening.

Works great on the PC, tho. Little hourglass dropping sand like Dorothy dropped Toto when she got loopy on the poppies.

-- JDC
    Speaking of loopy, I couldn't get either method to work on the PC version, but the following seems to work on my treo.

If you copy these 4 scripts to the same folder on your PPC, then testcursor1 will fail (no spinning pie), but testcursor2 works fine for me everytime. YMMV.
    Speaking of loopy, I couldn't get either method to work on the PC version, but the following seems to work on my treo.

If you copy these 4 scripts to the same folder on your PPC, then testcursor1 will fail (no spinning pie), but testcursor2 works fine for me everytime. YMMV.
    pc version makes mouse cursor turn into hourglass icon.

- jdc
    While my wife was at the movies without me, here's a script I wrote.

It calls zbop's DialSelection.mscr, which I've renamed to "DialingSelection.mscr".

I also added a few lines of code to the DialingSelection.mscr so that a global variable I created in GoToTheMovies.mscr is acted on (PhoneNumberToDial).

Tailor to your locale.

- JDC

Code:
    # GoToTheMovies.mscr
    #
    # Initial setup... using your browser, find the theaters near you.
    # Save the sites as FAVORITES.
    # 
    # Copy the favorites files from \windows\favorites\ to the clipboard.
    # Paste as shortcut to any dir under \Windows\Start Menu\
    # Rename the shortcuts to something easily callable by voice command.
    # Reference these .lnk files in the code below.
    # 
    # If you do not want to create the .lnk files, reference the .url files
    # directly from the \windows\favorites\ dir.
    #
    #
    MyZipCode = "30043"
    MyLocation = ""
    MoviesURL = ""
    Theater[1] = "AMC Colonial 18"
    Theater[2] = "AMC Discover Mills 18"
    Theater[3] = "Regal Mall of Georgia 20"
    Theater[4] = "What's Playing Near My Home?"
    Theater[5] = "What's Playing near My Location?"
    Theater[6] = "Call Theater Near Home"

Choice "GoToTheMovies","Select a Theater",Theater
    CASE 1
    	run ("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Favorites\Movies-Colonial-18.lnk")

CASE 2
    	run ("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Favorites\Movies-DiscoverMills.lnk")

CASE 3
    	run ("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Favorites\Movies-MallOfGeorgia.lnk")

CASE 4
    	MoviesURL = "http://www.google.com/movies?hl=en&near="&MyZipCode &"&dq=movies+30043&sort=1&sa=X&oi=showtimes&ct=title&cd=1"
    	run ("\Windows\iexplore.exe", MoviesURL)

CASE 5
    	MyLocation = Input ("Enter Zip Code or City or City, State  ^LF^Examples: [01234] [New York, NY]") 
    	If (MyLocation eq "")
    		Exit
    	EndIf
    	MoviesURL = "http://www.google.com/movies?hl=en&near="&MyLocation &"&dq=movies+30043&sort=1&sa=X&oi=showtimes&ct=title&cd=1"
    	run ("\Windows\iexplore.exe", MoviesURL)

CASE 6

Choice "Call Theater", "Call a Theater", "Call AMC - Atlanta", "Call Regal Mall of Georgia"
    	CASE 1
    		PhoneNumberToDial = "(404)816-4AMC"
    		CallScript ("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Scripts\DialingSelection.mscr")
    	CASE 2
    		PhoneNumberToDial = "(678)-482-9263"
    		CallScript ("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Scripts\DialingSelection.mscr")
    	CASE 0
    		EXIT
    	EndChoice
    CASE 0
    	EXIT

EndChoice

EXIT
    if anyone can copy \windows\CPLMAIN.CPL and CTPNL.EXE from the device to a pc, please e-mail them to me (rename the .exe, pls).

Thanks,

JDCochran@hotmail.com
    Anyone know if there's a reg entry somewhere or some means of determining if the phone is ringing?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yes
    There is a value that changes.
    Have you looked around in ringtones?
    Getting closer...

somewhere in

HKLM\System\State\Phone I think

have someone call you while you're poking in the registry.

<grin>

Seriously, I just peeked into that area. When I opened the registry, the "Status" DWord was 8394912. I called myself... and while the phone was ringing, I tried to go OFF the Phone Entry (Hardware, above), then back on Phone before I hung up.

When I looked at the registry, the value was 8460448.

Don't know what this means, if anything.

You also might consider the PC software I posted a few pages back that reads the registry over active sync.

Call yourself and refresh values before you answer.

-- JDC
    have someone call you while you're poking in the registry.

<grin>

Seriously, I just peeked into that area. When I opened the registry, the "Status" DWord was 8394912. I called myself... and while the phone was ringing, I tried to go OFF the Phone Entry (Hardware, above), then back on Phone before I hung up.

When I looked at the registry, the value was 8460448.

Don't know what this means, if anything.

You also might consider the PC software I posted a few pages back that reads the registry over active sync.

Call yourself and refresh values before you answer.

-- JDC
    My current status was 9439392
    While the phone is ringing it looked to be 9504928

Wonder if it's different for different carriers?

That was it

More later...ooh boy, this is going to be good

JD, who's your carrier? I am on Cingular 750
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/26/2007 at 06:17 PM.

17.    #457  
    if anyone can copy \windows\CPLMAIN.CPL and CTPNL.EXE from the device to a pc, please e-mail them to me (rename the .exe, pls).

Thanks,

JDCochran@hotmail.com
    Here they are from a vzw treo 700wx.
    Slinghann treo keylight is complete.I Put download in the wx/w forums because of lack of treo 750 compatibility .It works just like Pocket max keylight without the that nasty screen blink.It can be found at

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137887
    Hannip did hmmm lets call it a face lift on script utilizing toggle on.The new view which is very impressive

# Treo Keylight.mscr - keylight Control
    #
    # SLINGHANN KEYLIGHT.SLINGBOX/HANNIP TREOCENTRAL
    #

x = RegRead("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:" )

If ( x = 4 )
    Call KeylightOn
    Else
    Call KeylightOff
    EndIf

Sleep 500
    ToggleDisplay(on)

Sub KeylightOn

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )

EndSub

Sub KeylightOff

RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )

EndSub
    Wow talk about dumping the trash.
    This is a very slim mean script of perfection
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/27/2007 at 12:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    My current status was 9439392
    While the phone is ringing it looked to be 9504928

Wonder if it's different for different carriers?

That was it

More later...ooh boy, this is going to be good

JD, who's your carrier? I am on Cingular 750
    Mine is Verizon. The enumerated value probably translates to something like the square root of the phone model times the cancellation fee of your carrier times the length in parsecs that Wharf was transplaced when he got too close to a worm hole.

Unless there's a published list somewhere, it'll be trial and error.

I DO know, however, that the "Cellular System Available" value is "4" when my phone radio is ON (with broadband access) and "0" when off.

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Here they are from a vzw treo 700wx.
    Thanks, Yoda.

I'm trying to use a resource hacker to peer inside these files so I can create more shortcuts to call the settings as .lnk files.

I was unable to see anything useful.

I'm specifically looking for the applet code reference for the Settings, Connections, Wireless Manager on my MonkeyedWithByVerizon version of the Treo 700w.

I did find and test the following shortcut link files though...

I have a folder called "Settings" as a subdir to Windows\Programs where I keep these.

Thanks, agian.

--JDC