Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    I actually used someone else's script (zbop) in a production environment today.

Here's the scenario:

Rather than keep oodles of entries for my back-biting co-workers in my personal contacts folder, I have a SINGLE entry, called "CellPhoneNumbers" where they're listed in the Notes Tab, nice and neat, in alphabetical order. I don't dare call them at home and I know their office extension via other conventional means ('prarie dogging', if u know what I mean).

This file is maintained in Excel format by our admin dept and I've created a link to it for the entire office on a pneudo intranet page that I maintain. Many of the numbers are private and this file is a convenient way to keep all of the numbers wrapped up in one single point of contact.

So this little contact entry comes in handy for me and I refer to it alot... by.... <Voice Command>

"Show CellPhoneNumbers"

As u may have guessed, the numbers are not hyperlinked.

I suppose I could waste my time writing an app that inserts WAP-capable xml or whatever hyperlinks into a mini .html file... but who wants to do that when I can simply call zbop's script, which I renamed and activate by:

"Start DialingSelection".

See attached.

Thanks Z.

-- JDC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Here's a pre-release of Something that will hopefully morf (mortf?) into something bigger and out of control.

Right now, it's a modification to a previously-posted script called "Status.MSCR".

I've added to it and expect to add much more. My plan is to have a series of Choice selections for quick status of:

- System Memory (see attached example)
    - Comms (bluetooth, active sync, wifi, serial port(s), signal strength, etc.)
    - Phone Settings (see attached example)
    - Alerts/Alarms/Notifications
    - EnergySaver Settings
    - Other?

So, the flip side will be that I'll also attempt to finger out how to also modify as many of the settings as I can.

BTW, in the process of peeking around the "States" registry area, I think I may have discovered how to enable/disable the radio (turn phone on/off) via a SINGLE poke to a reg entry. (anyone remember the Commodore 64 PEEK/POKE commands)?

Let me 'speriment some more with this before I publish my 'pokings'.

Anyone out there want to take on a section?

If we're smart(er), we could start writing callable subroutines and agree on a with global variables list.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    I actually used someone else's script (zbop) in a production environment today.

Here's the scenario:

Rather than keep oodles of entries for my back-biting co-workers in my personal contacts folder, I have a SINGLE entry, called "CellPhoneNumbers" where they're listed in the Notes Tab, nice and neat, in alphabetical order. I don't dare call them at home and I know their office extension via other conventional means ('prarie dogging', if u know what I mean).

This file is maintained in Excel format by our admin dept and I've created a link to it for the entire office on a pneudo intranet page that I maintain. Many of the numbers are private and this file is a convenient way to keep all of the numbers wrapped up in one single point of contact.

So this little contact entry comes in handy for me and I refer to it alot... by.... <Voice Command>

"Show CellPhoneNumbers"

As u may have guessed, the numbers are not hyperlinked.

I suppose I could waste my time writing an app that inserts WAP-capable xml or whatever hyperlinks into a mini .html file... but who wants to do that when I can simply call zbop's script, which I renamed and activate by:

"Start DialingSelection".

See attached.

Thanks Z.

-- JDC
    Hah, thanks! I'm glad someone got some use out of it. There's nuthin quite like rollin your own and passing it around, eh?
    Here's a pre-release of Something that will hopefully morf (mortf?) into something bigger and out of control.

I get the error

"Unknown Function systemversion

Line: PlatformVer = SystemVer()"

I'm assuming this is because I don't have RC9. I looked for it last night but couldn't find it.

I am interested in this script for several reasons, but especially for being able to turn the wifi on and off - when it gets to that point. It's really annoying to do it through the connection manager.
    Hi Folks!

Chimer 1.1 is now available for public consumption!

Separate thread posted here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1212932
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/05/2007 at 02:10 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    nice piece of code, scottie.

i'll tell u in 29 min if it works for me.

as for the .ini file, it's a nice start, but it took me 10 min. to flavor my install to your very detailed instructions, which were very good, btw.

it'd be nice if all our code initially parsed a global .ini. file that had common variablenames that we all agreed on... like:

[MortSystem]
    MyMortExeDir: \storage card\program files\mortscript
    MyMortMSCR_RootDir: \windows\start menu\programs\scripts
    MyMortINI_Dir: %MyMortMSCR_RootDir%
    MyBrowserPrefsMSCR
    MyAlarmsMSCR
    MySystemStatusMSCR

[Directories]
    MyAlarmSoundsDir
    MyDatabaseDir
    MyDocsDir
    MyFavoritesDir
    MyFavoriteMortician
    MyFileExplorerHomeDir
    MyGamesDir
    MyMediaFilesDir
    MyNotesDir
    MyPicsDir
    MyPgmUtilsDir
    MyScreenShotsDir
    MyShortCutsHomeDir: \windows\start menu
    MySoundRecordsFilesDir
    MyTempFilesDir:
    MyTxtFilesDir

[Applications]
    MyBrowserApp
    MyCalculatorApp
    MyCameraApp
    MyClockApp
    MyDataBaseApp
    MyDocsApp
    MyFileExplorerApp
    MyDatabaseApp
    MyMediaPlayerApp
    MyMessagingApp: "new" ["Messaging.lnk"]
    MyNotesApp
    MyRegEditor
    MyScreenShotApp
    MyScreenSaverApp
    MySoundRecordingApp
    MyTaskManagerApp
    MyTxtEditorApp: %MyShortCutsHomeDir%TotalCommander.lnk
    MyTimerApp

[Commands]
    ??? <-special syntax cases here

[Misc]
    MySkinsIsCrawling

if these params weren't found, then the code would attempt to proceed, opting user to create dirs, or even erroring out, like...

MortScript.INI not found. Program exiting.
    MortMSCRdir not found. Program exiting.
    MyTempFilesDir not found in MortScript.INI... create at "\storage card\tempfiles" ????

.... etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Hi Folks!

Chimer 1.0 is now available for public consumption!

Chimer 1.0 builds upon my earlier hourly chime script by providing a simple UI that provides you the following options:

• Set the chime starting hour (default 8AM)
    • Set the chime end hour (default 8PM)
    • Set the .wav file to be used for the chime (default Alarm1.wav)
    • Start Chiming (queues up the notifications to chime once an hour between the hours you specify)
    • Turn Off Chimer (kills the notifications)

Installation:
    -- Unzip the zip file and copy the entire Chimer folder and its scripts in the \Program Files\MortScript directory, so that you have a \Program Files\MortScript\Chimer directory that includes the following files:
    • Chimer.ini
    • Chimer.mscr
    • HourlyChime.mscr
    • PlaySound.mscr

-- Launch the Chimer.mscr file and set up chiming as you would like
    -- Note: If you previously were using my original scripts, make sure to choose the "Turn Off Chimer" option, which will kill existing notifications for the original scripts in the MortScript directory.

-- Once you have set your start hour, end hour, and chime file, choose Start Chiming! to queue everything up. If you want to use all my defaults, then just hit "Start Chiming!" and all the default values will be used:
    Start Time - 8AM
    End Time - 8PM
    Chime File - Alarm1.wav (in the Windows directory)

Thanks to slingbox and jdcochran for ideas/options on the UI and the use of an INI file for some of the settings. The INI file made it a lot easier to read and write user preferences

Let me know what you think!

P.S. I'm going to go ahead and remove the original scripts and attachments from my original post and point to this post instead.
    Excelent Script
    Scotty you have taken mortscript to the next level.Many congratulations.

Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/20/2007 at 04:18 PM.
  8.    #408  
    Remember guys, you can use the SystemPath function for path's to your current script, Mortscript and system folders. Your script could check it's own path and call any dependent scripts using the same path. That would make it path independant.

9.17.4 Getting system paths (SystemPath)
    x = SystemPath( type )
    Receives the localized directory name for certain locations.
    The type must be given as string value, e.g. "StartMenu".
    Possible values:
    ProgramsMenu “Programs” in the start menu
    StartMenu..................The start menu, doesn't work on Smartphones
    Startup....................... Startup folder (entries are run after soft reset resp. if Windows is started)
    Documents.................”\My documents” or localization, doesn't work on devices with PPC2002
    ProgramFiles............. ”\Program files” or localization, doesn't work on devices with PPC2002
    ScriptExe................... Path to MortScript.exe (without file name), doesn't work on Smartphones
    ScriptPath.................. Path to the current script (without file name)
    ScriptName................Name of the current script (no path+extension)
    ScriptExt....................Extension of the current script (".mscr" or ".mortrun").
    I.e., you could execute the current script with
    Run ( SystemPath("ScriptExe") \ "MortScript.exe", \
    SystemPath("ScriptPath") \ SystemPath("ScriptName") & \
    SystemPath("ScriptExt") )
    Manual for MortScript 4.0 Page 41 of 55
    Yoda has spoken.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

(please, someone shoot me for not RTFM)

p.s.: anyone know of a register compare util that reads and compares mobile registries? like regdiff.exe but for WinCE, PPC, WinMobile.

(please, someone shoot me for not RTFM)

p.s.: anyone know of a register compare util that reads and compares mobile registries? like regdiff.exe but for WinCE, PPC, WinMobile.
    Seriously, I was looking for this all night last night - it's the key (no pun intended) to finding out where things are hidden in that mess.

I found a few tools to do it on a PC, but they only worked with PC registries, and plain jane file comparison utilities can't read the non-ascii registry exports from phm.

I looked for about an hour and found just PC versions too... I DID find a more-convenient way to at least READ the mobile registry via the PC over Active Sync. Can't get it to Write properly... and it don't do a search. However, it sure lets me see the whole picture better.

Util requires .net framework V1.1.4322 or later on PC. Can't remember where I downloaded from, but look here if you find and install the app.

http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Posts/...ditor_FAQ.aspx

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/20/2007 at 07:58 PM.
  14.    #414  
    I export the reg using Resco and copy to my laptop. Then I use WinDiff to compare.

Edit: Your last post reminded me of some utils I've used in the past from itsme over at the xda forums.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~itsme/projects/xda/tools.html

An adventuresome programmer could use these tools to monitor registry changes while connected via usb sync cable.
    Last edited by hannip; 02/20/2007 at 08:18 PM.
    For some reason I had a dream last night that the sprint wx had A2DP
    Here's another simple piece of code that can also spawn many other similar scripts or one master script. I got sidetracked by this one while creating another one that I thought might be useful... menu-driven dynamic dialogue boxes (variable "CHOICE" boxes) that are the result of a script creating a script then calling it as a subroutine. More about that later.

The attached is my first attempt at cross-platform coding.

Enjoy.

-- JDC

Code:
    # GoToHelp.mscr
    # 
    # Makes for strange looks from the general public
    # if executed with a voice command.
    #
    # MortScript Version:  4.0 RC9  <-- Edit 10:42 am, not included in .zip version
    #
    # Platform(s): PC, PPC
    #
    # PPC Tested:	Palm Treo 700w, Windows Mobile V5.1.195 Bld 14929.2.2.1
    # PC Tested:  	Windows XP 2002 SP2 
    #
    # Author: jdcochran@hotmail.com
    # Rel. 0.a  2.20.2006
    #
    # Release Note(s).  A serious programmer would locate the registered browser
    # and (try to) activate it, but this programmer is lazy.  The PC version requires
    # that a .lnk file be created pointing to the browser .exe.  For simplicity, I created 
    # "C:\IE.lnk" and pointed it to my browser. The same could be done on the PPC if
    # a non-standard browser is used.
    # 
    # Once again, this script and spawnings of it are designed to be executed
    # with a voice command.

Flag = 0
    Platform  = MortScriptType()
    #Message (Platform)

If (Platform eq "PPC")
    	MyIE_App = "\Windows\iexplore.exe"
    	Flag = 1
    EndIf

If (Platform eq "PC")
    #	MyIE_App = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    	MyIE_App = "C:\IE.lnk"

# in the first attempt at this code execution, the iexplorer.exe loaded, but window never shows... 
    # ShowWindow command might work, but the WindowName changes 
    # as new pages are added to the referenced help forum. Fixed this problem with "C:\IE.lnk")

Flag = 1
    EndIf

If (Flag = 0)
    	Message ("Unknown Platform.  Script Will abort now.")
    	Exit
    EndIf

# Future Upgrade... call MyBrowserSettingsForForums.MSCR

If (Platform eq "PPC")
    SleepMessage (6, "StandBy, Help is on the way... Touch the Button if you need more immediate assistance...", "MortScript V4.0 RC9 for PPC",1)
    EndIf

If (Platform eq "PC")
    Message ("StandBy, Help is on the way... ", "MortScript V4.0 RC9 for PPC")
    EndIf

Run( MyIE_App, "http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=132525&goto=newpost")

# Note:  The URL above could be replaced with any "Favorites" site(s) and copies of the script could be
    # SavedAs accordingly... GoToWork, GoBuyMyWifeSomeFlowers, GoGetMyTrafficReport, GoGetMyWeatherReport, GoGetMyNews
    # GoToTheMovies.... GoFindSomethingToEat, etc.  "CHOICE" statements could be added and Favorites could be chosen from 
    # a dropdown list.
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/21/2007 at 09:42 AM.
    What I got so far.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    # Reminder.mscr - Monitors notifications and turns on and off the alert chime accordingly.
    #

# initialize variables
    Ringersw = 1

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

# check the registry for any notifications
    Notify = RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" )

#check the ringer switch on/off
    Ringersw = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\", "Ringer" )

# turn on the sound if any notifications are pending whenever Ringer on. Keep turning on each iteration since
    # the OS turns it off whenever there is a new notification.
    If ( Notify && Ringersw )
    Run "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\Alert.mscr"
    LedOn = TRUE
    EndIf

# turn off sound if no notifications are pending
    If ( NOT Notify )
    KillScript ("Alert.mscr")
    EndIf

# wait 1 seconds
    Sleep( 2000 )
    EndWhile
    The Alert .mscr Script

#Alert.mscr-alert
    ToggleDisplay (on)
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\Reminder.wav"
    sleep 800
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf

Problem.
    I can not figure out timestamps to save my life
    any one can build a chime-reminder script that alert you every 2 min we are set.I can tie that into alert.mscr

We then have are missed call/v-mail/sms repeating alert for wm

Phil C

I got a chime script working somewhat last night and got the 2 min remider alert about 5 times.
    Time stamp dumb
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/21/2007 at 12:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Problem.
    I can not figure out timestamps to save my life ...
    What? If you can't calculate how many milliseconds it's been since the stoners on "That 70's Show" were supposed to have lived... then we're ALL gunna suffer.

-- JDC

[e-signature sent via desktop dinosaur running an automated MortScript Ver 4.0 RC9 commanded to execute with a mouseclick that effectively adds precious miliseconds on top of my otherwise productive day. ]
    I read the manual (again) and I can't find how to speed up the apparently fixed delay on keystroking during the SendKeys command. It's REALLY slow on the PC. Looks kewl, but it ain't so productive. Proof: I typed this message faster than Uncle Morty is about to sign my...

-- JDC

[e-signature sent via desktop dinosaur running an automated MortScript Ver 4.0 RC9 commanded to execute with a mouseclick that effectively adds precious miliseconds on top of my otherwise productive day. ]

Also, what sendkey command sends the Center button on a 4-way PPC Keypad... SendCR?
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/21/2007 at 02:16 PM.