Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
    Looks like I had the same idea as someone else, haven't tried their solution yet though:

http://oldsap.blogspot.com/2006/10/t...ck-script.html
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    zbop - once again, that's some amazing code. it all worked for me -- as writ -- except the last option had the subject line in one of the dist'n lists.

if you continue like this, providing gems with every post, then we may have to send a mass-mailing to mort's paypal acct in your honor.

-- JDC
    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w
    running a self-propelled MortScript
    commanded to execute by voice
    while driving my car handsfree)
    Thanks jdcochran, I'm sure mort would appreciate that! Hopefully that would inspire him to add some more functionality to it. Mortscript is a great program, and just powerful enough to be very useful, but limiting enough to be frustrating at times too. If my script didn't work on your Treo, can you tell me exactly what didn't work? I'm going to need to work through some of these bugs.... *SPLAT*
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross View Post
    Not sure that which treo you are using, looking at the examples, I am assuming that it is not a 750. That said, "should" I be able to point to "Messaging" or does the account already have to have part of pocket outlook? Thanks.
    Jeff
    Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention, I tested this on a Treo 700wx running Mortscript 4.0 RC9. As jdcochran mentioned, if there isn't a registered key for a "Message" type under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Extensions\NewMenu

then it won't work. As I mentioned before, I tried implementing this in a portable way (using the mailto protocol) but couldn't because of the limitations. Given the way I had to code it, I was worried that slight differences between wm5 devices or outlook configuration might be an issue (gee thanks for the consistency, MS and Uncle Bill). If you guys are patient and willing to help me debug this into something more portable and robust, I'll be glad to spend the time on it. I just need to figure out how to do this, since I only have access to one WM5 device and need to see what's going wrong on your phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Thanks jdcochran, I'm sure mort would appreciate that! Hopefully that would inspire him to add some more functionality to it. Mortscript is a great program, and just powerful enough to be very useful, but limiting enough to be frustrating at times too. If my script didn't work on your Treo, can you tell me exactly what didn't work? I'm going to need to work through some of these bugs.... *SPLAT*
    I couldn't replicate the anomaly. Must have been the way I was holding my tongue. It's usually in my cheek... bleeding.

Again, GREAT SCRIPT!

-- JDC
    Scotty Ive been trying to add a exit command in slingchime script.any ideas?
    # wait 1 seconds
    Sleep( 2000 )

EndWhile

Is a no go.It keeps on ticking.

P.S
    Tried old sap a month ago and found it very unstable.It will need a major makeover f,sure
    Hey guys, I really liked all the useful scripts that are getting posted, and forsee them getting lost in the sea of forum threads.

So I set up a little repository where we can all upload scripts. It's very simple and should work for uploading scripts, giving them a description, etc.

http://gthing.net/scripts/

Hope it becomes useful! Let me know if you want me to create new categories or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    Looks really cool - good work on this!

I got about halfway through adapting this to work on my 8525 and gave up

The part that selects the account needs to be reworked to work with the context menus, but I don't have the energy for it tonight.

Very cool script though ... hopefully I can adapt it!
    Hey sam-i-am,
    I updated mailbot (edited my previous post with a newer zipfile) to use the softkey menus, hopefully this will work for you. If not, let me know how you navigate on your phone to get to the "new message" window for a given account. PM me with the details and I'll see what I can do...

I also added some configurable delays for pacing the input, I think in some cases, input was being lost or flushed. In any case, it is a little slower but should be more stable. I also added a confirmation window so you know when it is finished replaying the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    Hey guys, I really liked all the useful scripts that are getting posted, and forsee them getting lost in the sea of forum threads.

So I set up a little repository where we can all upload scripts. It's very simple and should work for uploading scripts, giving them a description, etc.

http://gthing.net/scripts/

Hope it becomes useful! Let me know if you want me to create new categories or whatever.
    Great Idea. But before I post the slews of code I've spewed, I'd want to clean up the headers to put comments regarding the platform I'm on (Treo 700w WM5.xxx). Also, i really would like to implement a more common and standardized way that I refer to external and internal apps... this is so that other platforms can be easily configured/tweaked.

Also, Mort has created another Forum on his web site for MortScripts. I'd like to re-format mine before posting there, as he prefers that they be platform independent.

As a non-paid developer who has created apps and shared on a Treo forum with (mostly) other Treo users, I'm not sure I'm fully prepared to do that... so, I'll eventually add comments such as:

# created by: jdcochran@hotmail.com (a.k.a. 'Windows Wookie')
    # created for: the public domain
    # initial testing on: Palm Treo 700w, WM5.xxx platform.... blah blah
    # disclaimer: johnnie cochran can't sue you, but I can
    # install dir req'd : not specific
    # calls to xtrnal subs: GetMyMortPrefs.mscr
    # variables type(s): local, global

etc.
    etc.
    -- JDC
    I added creative commons licensing options to the scripts if anyone cares about licensing for their scripts.

I will also add in some note about being sure to add what devices it's been tested on in the description.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Scotty Ive been trying to add a exit command in slingchime script.any ideas?
    # wait 1 seconds
    Sleep( 2000 )

EndWhile

Is a no go.It keeps on ticking....
    take a look at how I exit the while loop in namethenerd.mscr...it's a kill command. -- jdc
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Mort is watching us.

http://www.sto-helit.de/forum/profile.php?mode=register

Register, then look at this post:

See: http://www.sto-helit.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5000#5000

-- JDC

(e-signature manually typed at the speed of a Wendy's Frosty
    being sucked thru a plastic coffee stirrer)
    Mort been watching this thread for some time now.He has hannips scripts already as examples.
    on another note
    ledalert with reminder beep anyone.I will be finished with script in a couple days. I'm using the beta now and seems to work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Mort been watching this thread for some time now.He has hannips scripts already as examples.
    on another note
    ledalert with reminder beep anyone.I will be finished with script in a couple days. I'm using the beta now and seems to work well.
    he mentioned in a post (see link)
    that he hadn't been here in a while and was surprised at hw it's grown. keep up the good werk.

-- JDC
    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w
    running a self-propelled MortScript
    commanded to execute by voice
    while driving my car handsfree)

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey guys got a quick question about upgrading to mort rc9...do i have to uninstall the previous mortscrpt first or do i just install it over the one i already have in my treo?? thanks in advanced..
    Un-install previous version.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey sling, if i un-install it do i have to reinstall nled??? thanks again...
    Yes.I have it in cab file download located
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=54

RINGER MUTE LED ALERT OFF.CAB..zip
    Drop cab file located in zip into your(My document Folder)and give it a tap
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks again sling for all of your help...i kinda like the original nled...i still need the led notification when i have it on vibra...and now im off to trying to learn this script thingy...i really am busy at work but i will find the time to learn...thanks agian...the language on how to write a script is what is confusing me....
    slingbox,

my slingchime script calls itself once a day to set the alarms for the day. You can modify my KillChime script to kill slingchime.

In other news my UI is almost done and is working well! Hopefully will be able to post tomorrow

maybe the mods can create a Mortscript subforum for us here under WM Apps?

SOS Flasher

Just some simple stuff I have come up while exploring the possibilities of mortscript.

Two versions: One flashes your device screen, and one flashes your camera flash in the pattern for SOS (...---...) in morse code. I got this idea from a Sony Erricson phone a friend of mine has. I suppose it could be useful if you are lost in the woods and a search and rescue team flies overhead, or you're captured by aliens and they force you to make a ransom video but they make you say they're being all nice to you even though they're probing you and stuff and you could hold up the phone and flash SOS, and they would have no idea, because I mean what alien has ever seen a cell phone before?

The camera flash version is available here: http://gthing.net/scripts/index.php?...gid=5&Itemid=2
    and requires an HTC phone

The screen flash version is available here:
    http://gthing.net/scripts/index.php?...gid=6&Itemid=2
    aand should work on most any phone