Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Cody,

If you ever made batch scripts in MS-DOS, then this is very similar. These scripts check the states of certain things and then do something if a certain condition is met.

If you look at the script text hannip has posted, you can follow the logic of what it does. The sections with the "#" in front of them are comments for what the steps below it does.

Here is the mortscript manual which may help as well:
    http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edito/content.php?id=39
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  2.    #22  
    Cody, a script is just a text file that is parsed by another program to execute each line in the file. The program in this case is MortScript.exe. The scripts are the text files that I've been posting. Before you can run any of the scripts you must install the MortScript program. Attached is the zipped up cab to install.

Note: these scripts must have a file extension of .mscr which is associated with MortScript.exe. When you run one of these scripts from Programs or File Explorer etc, the OS passes it to the MortScript.exe program to run.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 12/28/2006 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You can try 1 second. It won't hurt anything, tho I'd like to find a better solution. I tried breaking up the scripts, but I'm having trouble setting up the notification queue to run the script before power off. Need to do some research. I'll update once I have it all working.
    Hannip I have my tomtom software on my SD card.Tomtom has the autrun in the 2557 file.I did deleat the autoruns out of that file so gps did not start on SD insert.....
    This may sound dumb
    Could that 2557 file on sd cause conflict?
  4.    #24  
    The 2577 is just a folder that the OS looks at for autorun.exe to start a program when you insert the SD card. It should not conflict with any script execution.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/28/2006 at 09:06 AM.
    Just a little learning on my part. This would be were the 2557 would come in effect

With Autorun.exe, the autostart feature of Windows Mobile can be used more easily.
    If a storage card is inserted or removed, Windows executes the program "autorun.exe" in the folder "2577" (CE code for ARM processors).
    If you copy Autorun.exe, MortScript.exe as well as autorun.mscr and/or autoexit.mscr to this folder, the scripts autorun.mscr (after inserting) and autoexit.mscr (after removing) will be executed (if the corresponding
    script exists
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/28/2006 at 09:06 AM. Reason: adding
  6.    #26  
    Right. All it's saying is that you can run scripts automagically when you insert an SD card (or remove one) by copying autorun.exe, MortScript.exe and autorun.mscr, or autoexit.mscr to the 2577 folder on your SD card.

Edit: The autorun.exe and MortScript.exe files can be found in the \Program Files\Mortscript\ folder. You would copy these files to \Storage Card\2577. You create the autorun.mscr or autoexit.mscr files to run whatever it is you would like to run when inserting or removing your SD card.

Edit2: Slingbox, If your tomtom has it's own autorun.exe don't replace it with MortScript's version unless you really wanted to run a custom script in addition to your tomtom stuff. In that case you would have to move tomtom's autorun.exe to some other folder and call it from autorun.mscr.

Edit3: People unless you want to run scripts that automatically run when inserting your SD card or removing it, just ignore all this stuff. None of this is needed for general script operation.
    Last edited by hannip; 12/28/2006 at 10:22 AM.
    The 2557 file question above came into play because when installing mort cab.,ledup and nled I used my SD card wich of course has the 2557 still n board.I did a copy,past thinking the nled still located on sd card would have effect when sd was taken out.

edit
    It may very well had.I pasted nled to the mort program folder then adding shortcut to windows/start folder.
    When taking out the sd with nled file may have caused conflict
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/28/2006 at 10:00 AM. Reason: edit
  8.    #28  
    I would advise to everyone that uses MortScript and these scripts to install them on your device, not your SD card. These are very small files. You will only create problems for yourself by installing them on an SD card.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    The 2557 file question above came into play because when installing mort cab.,ledup and nled I used my SD card wich of course has the 2557 still n board.I did a copy,past thinking the nled still located on sd card would have effect when sd was taken out.

edit
    It may very well had.I pasted nled to the mort program folder then adding shortcut to windows/start folder.
    When taking out the sd with nled file may have caused conflict
    The 2577 folder has nothing to do with the nled script. The problem you will have by installing mortscript and ledup on your SD card will be that once the loop is running it calls ledup on the sd card every loop iteration. If you then remove the SD card it can't access the ledup program. And even if the SD card is not removed it might not be able to access the ledup program while the keylock program puts the device into suspend.
    I would advise to everyone that uses MortScript and these scripts to install them on your device, not your SD card. These are very small files. You will only create problems for yourself by installing them on an SD card.
    haha well thanks hannip for that extra info 10 out of 10 missed call-All got led alert
    Im using 5000 at 5 sec

edit,
    hmm that 2557 question did help
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/28/2006 at 10:18 AM. Reason: edit
  11.    #31  
    Here is a script that provides some copy and paste features for the current app you are in. You must assign the script to a button for it to be useful. I assigned it to Option-Ok button so I can just hold down the Ok button to activate it.

Copying and pasting is inconsistent in WM5. All of the functions provided in this script work in edit/input fields. For display-only text you have to use the Context Menu (tap and hold) option and use the copy options provided there. Pasting of course will only work in edit/input fields. A handy Paste to Notes option is provided to quickly paste whatever is in the clipboard to a new note in the Notes app.

Feel free to change or enhance as needed.

Code:
    #
    # CopyPaste.mscr - Shows copy paste menu options for the current window
    #

activeWin = ActiveWindow()

Choice(activeWin, "Copy and Paste Options", \
    		"Context Menu (tap and hold)", \
    		"Copy Selected (ctrl-c)", \
    		"Copy Line", \
    		"Copy All (ctrl-a, ctrl-c)", \
    		"Paste (ctrl-v)", \
    		"Paste to Notes" )
    Case( 1 )
    # Send a tap and hold to open the apps context menu
    	MouseDown( activeWin, 10, 10 )
    	Sleep( 2000 )
    	MouseUp( activeWin, 10, 10 )
    Case( 2 )
    # Send a ctrl-c to the app
    	SendCtrlKey( activeWin, "c" )
    Case( 3 )
    # Select the current line followed by ctrl-c
    	SendHome( activeWin )
    	SendEnd( activeWin, 0, 1)
    Case( 4 )
    # Send a ctrl-a followed by ctrl-c
    	SendCtrlKey( activeWin, "a" )
    Case( 5 )
    # Send a ctrl-v to the app
    	SendCtrlKey( activeWin, "v" )
    Case( 6 )
    # Open the notes app and paste contents to a new note
    	Run( "\Windows\notes.exe" )
    	WaitForActive( "Notes", 5 )
    	SendLeftSoft( "Notes" )
    	SendCtrlKey( "Notes", "v" )
    EndChoice
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here is a script that provides some copy and paste features for the current app you are in. You must assign the script to a button for it to be useful. I assigned it to Option-Ok button so I can just hold down the Ok button to activate it.

Copying and pasting is inconsistent in WM5. All of the functions provided in this script work in edit/input fields. For display-only text you have to use the Context Menu (tap and hold) option and use the copy options provided there. Pasting of course will only work in edit/input fields. A handy Paste to Notes option is provided to quickly paste whatever is in the clipboard to a new note in the Notes app.

Feel free to change or enhance as needed.

Code:
    #
    # CopyPaste.mscr - Shows copy paste menu options for the current window
    #

Choice(activeWin, "Copy and Paste Options", \
    		"Context Menu (tap and hold)", \
    		"Copy Selected (ctrl-c)", \
    		"Copy Line", \
    		"Copy All (ctrl-a, ctrl-c)", \
    		"Paste (ctrl-v)", \
    		"Paste to Notes" )
    Case( 1 )
    # Send a tap and hold to open the apps context menu
    	MouseDown( activeWin, 10, 10 )
    	Sleep( 2000 )
    	MouseUp( activeWin, 10, 10 )
    Case( 2 )
    # Send a ctrl-c to the app
    Case( 3 )
    # Select the current line followed by ctrl-c
    	SendHome( activeWin )
    	SendEnd( activeWin, 0, 1)
    Case( 4 )
    # Send a ctrl-a followed by ctrl-c
    	SendCtrlKey( activeWin, "a" )
    Case( 5 )
    # Send a ctrl-v to the app
    	SendCtrlKey( activeWin, "v" )
    Case( 6 )
    # Open the notes app and paste contents to a new note
    	Run( "\Windows\notes.exe" )
    	WaitForActive( "Notes", 5 )
    	SendLeftSoft( "Notes" )
    	SendCtrlKey( "Notes", "v" )
    EndChoice
    Thanks hannip very good stuff f,sure.
    My treo,s been acting strang for a couple weeks.I will give it a download tommrow after exchanging with new
    Hannip, you never cease to amaze me with the stuff you come up with for us. If it wasn't for you, many would have left the WM5 platform and went back to PalmOS. Now that I think about it, that might be an insult

I love what you did with the Outlook folder script. I made some slight modifications to mine. I made it where if Outlook is not running, it will bring it up, but not display the folder menu. If it is running, it will bring up the folder menu.

I did this, so that I could launch Outlook if it wasn't running in the foreground without popping up the folder menu. If it was running, it would bring up the folder menu with the same button.

I just moved the two lines of code below from the 2nd "If" statement to the first "If" statement and removed the sleep command.

MouseClick( activeWin, 10, 10 )

Below is the full text after modification of folderswitch.mscr.

Code:
    callTmail = True
    current = ActiveProcess()

If ( current eq "tmail.exe" )
         callTmail = False
    EndIf

If ( callTmail )
       Run( "\Windows\tmail.exe" )
    EndIf
    Last edited by stroths; 12/30/2006 at 11:00 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  14.    #34  
    Nice stroths! That is the best part about using scripts. You can change it however you like. No compiler needed.
    agree.I was going to drop the wx for lack of alerts.More users of this device need to know what you have acomplished.Sprint should put a sign in there stores with something like-Hannip makes this device work the way it should.Look him up at treoCentral.com
    Edit-Think of how many users of this device dont use or know of these forums to get there info so the remain unhappy with there 600.000 device.Heck when going into the store the tecks dont know about it which is pretty sad.
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/30/2006 at 10:57 AM. Reason: edit
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    agree.I was going to drop the wx for lack of alerts.More users of this device need to know what you have acomplished.Sprint should put a sign in there stores with something like-Hannip makes this device work the way it should.Look him up at treoCentral.com
    Edit-Think of how many users of this device dont use or know of these forums to get there info so the remain unhappy with there 600.000 device.Heck when going into the store the tecks dont know about it which is pretty sad.
    Well, that's a lot of speculation and guesswork. Fact is there have been way more complaints about the poor BT implementation on the Treo lineup than about LED alert unhappiness.

And considering that WM5 Treos now account for half of Palm's sales in less than one year I think their WM5 devices are doing very, very well and people are quite happy with their devices (more so than the Treo 700P, which is very surprising). You'll find much more customer dissatisfaction with HTC branded devices (like the 6700) than Treos.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Well, that's a lot of speculation and guesswork. Fact is there have been way more complaints about the poor BT implementation on the Treo lineup than about LED alert unhappiness.

And considering that WM5 Treos now account for half of Palm's sales in less than one year I think their WM5 devices are doing very, very well and people are quite happy with their devices (more so than the Treo 700P, which is very surprising). You'll find much more customer dissatisfaction with HTC branded devices (like the 6700) than Treos.
    Thats great news

Cheers
    Phil c
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/30/2006 at 04:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Hannip, you never cease to amaze me with the stuff you come up with for us. If it wasn't for you, many would have left the WM5 platform and went back to PalmOS. Now that I think about it, that might be an insult

I love what you did with the Outlook folder script. I made some slight modifications to mine. I made it where if Outlook is not running, it will bring it up, but not display the folder menu. If it is running, it will bring up the folder menu.

I did this, so that I could launch Outlook if it wasn't running in the foreground without popping up the folder menu. If it was running, it would bring up the folder menu with the same button.

I just moved the two lines of code below from the 2nd "If" statement to the first "If" statement and removed the sleep command.

Below is the full text after modification of folderswitch.mscr.

Code:
    callTmail = True
    current = ActiveProcess()

If ( current eq "tmail.exe" )
         callTmail = False
    EndIf

If ( callTmail )
       Run( "\Windows\tmail.exe" )
    EndIf
    Great modification Strohs. Now it works well in the start menu.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I use the teo keylight software and found it to work but key blink when enabling and disabling is very odd.Can mortscript give us control over keyboard light with a smooth toggle? If so would you throw me some direction to code.
    Thanks much hannip

Cheers
    Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 01/02/2007 at 01:06 AM.
  20.    #40  
    MortScript doesn't have builtin access to the keyboard lights. It can call Bruce's keylight program tho. I think the only thing we could do is maybe turn off the backlight before running keylight and turn it back on afterwards to stop the screen blinking.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast