Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 718
  1. #341  
    JD I went ahead and changed my AC-Timeout to 300 .it didnt hurt I guess.
    I will have the the new keylight timer script beta finished by friday and pump up the ac time out just for you..and dont be scared of the timer hahaha.
  2. #342  
    Here's a(nother) script idea...

    Let's call it the "MyPhoneSettings.mscr"

    0) Show Current Mode/Settings

    1) "Do Not Disturb" Mode

    -- Phone Radio is Off (or the SpeakerPhone app I use has a "Send All Calls to VoiceMail mode)
    -- all Alarms/Alerts are Disabled
    -- flashing notification lights are active
    -- keylights and backlight on "charge" mode if connected to AC, and "battery" mode if not.

    2) Stealth Mode ON/OFF (some would call this "movie" "opera" or "church" mode). It would be almost akin to taking the battery out of the phone.
    - Save current settings for alerts, etc.
    - Enable/Disable All audible alarms and notifications, including vibrate.
    - Location Privacy - Broadcast and/or privacy 911 only
    - BackLights dim now
    - Keylights off
    - Go to Standby Mode now
    - When return from standby, prompt to restore to previous state, re-start script, or exit.

    3) Emergency Call Only Mode
    - calls from certain numbers will come in, sounding a special alert sound.

    4) WakeMeInTheMorning Mode
    - Choose one of the previous 3 modes, then...
    - set a time (or activate one already set) to sound an alarm
    - remind dummies like me that the speaker switch needs to be in the active position, if not already there.
    - set a snooze duration
    - put phone in "WORKING" Mode at alarm time.

    5) Working Mode - Battery Power

    6) Working Mode - Charging

    7) I'mInAMeeting Mode

    8) I'mOnADate Mode

    9) I'mEatingDinner Mode

    10) Factory Settings -- all alerts

    ... this could get ugly.

    Another script could be created that detects a battery to Power Mode AC transition and automatically puts in Charge Mode, and that allowed override settings to one of the modes above.
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/18/2007 at 06:36 PM.
  3. #343  
    So basically what were going to build is a version of Phone Alarms that works more then 70% of the time.
    Where's the yoda of mortscript when we need him.It can be done.If we build it they will come.
    build it exclusively for the 700 series should be a peace of cake.

    you know this is were mortbutton comes into play.
    We could use mortbuttons for diffrent user option menus kind of like what the keylight script has
    then having straigh mortbutton option for meeting setting/mourning/////on////and////on
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/18/2007 at 06:45 PM.
  4. #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    JD I went ahead and changed my AC-Timeout to 300 .it didnt hurt I guess.
    I will have the the new keylight timer script beta finished by friday and pump up the ac time out just for you..and dont be scared of the timer hahaha.
    Thanks. Honestly, though, don't u think that setting power-related AC settings with this "battery saving" script is a tad superfluous, since we can choose those in Option 5?

    What am I missing?

    -- JDC
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    So basically what were going to build is a version of Phone Alarms that works more then 70% of the time.
    Where's the yoda of mortscript when we need him.It can be done.If we build it they will come.
    build it exclusively for the 700 series should be a peace of cake.

    you know this is were mortbutton comes into play.
    I need to stop at the Functional Spec and offer snyde remarks at implementation. This is what Darth Vader would do.

    -- JDC
  6. #346  
    very cool
    Darth it is

    hannip aka-yoda
    JDcochran aka-Darth
  7. #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    try the new ("message") command by itself... as a one-line script.

    do the GetWindowName and you might be enlightened.

    as for running background windows, I use a great Task Manager that reports .exe and Windownames.

    its called Task Manager v2.7 from FdcSoft. Google it and you'll go to a forum where you'll need to register to download.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280104


    -- JDC
    I tried the single line thing, and as before I can see that messaging starts and then immediately quits. It never leaves the window from which I run the script.

    So messaging will open up to one of 5 or so possible actual program window names (Text Messages, Outlook E-Mail, etc.). Without making a long pause to wait for the program to load, I don't know how else to make it work. WaitForActive won't work, because I don't know which window it's going to open up to and therefore can't define what to wait for.

    This must be different than the treo 700wx version of messaging that just opens up to the "messaging" window no matter what type of message is is.
  8. #348  
    Hope it os Ok to request if there is a script or solution for this. I am running tom tom bluetooth on treo700w through franscom gate. I want to take picture with treo and capture the geotag information that is coming through the virtual com8 port and send the photo along with the geotag info up to my flickr account for googlemap realtime display of images that are being taken dropped right onto the map.

    Is there a way to automatically capture this info. lat,lon,alt and put this geotag info attached to the photo?

    A script seems like a viable solution
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    very cool
    Darth it is

    hannip aka-yoda
    JDcochran aka-Darth
    If I must be labeled....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/18/2007 at 08:28 PM.
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean View Post
    Hope it os Ok to request if there is a script or solution for this. I am running tom tom bluetooth on treo700w through franscom gate. I want to take picture with treo and capture the geotag information that is coming through the virtual com8 port and send the photo along with the geotag info up to my flickr account for googlemap realtime display of images that are being taken dropped right onto the map.

    Is there a way to automatically capture this info. lat,lon,alt and put this geotag info attached to the photo?

    A script seems like a viable solution
    I could be wrong, but I don't think mortscript can communicate with the serial port. The only possibility would be if the lat/long is stored in the regsitry somewhere...
  11. #351  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdean View Post
    Hope it os Ok to request if there is a script or solution for this. I am running tom tom bluetooth on treo700w through franscom gate. I want to take picture with treo and capture the geotag information that is coming through the virtual com8 port and send the photo along with the geotag info up to my flickr account for googlemap realtime display of images that are being taken dropped right onto the map.

    Is there a way to automatically capture this info. lat,lon,alt and put this geotag info attached to the photo?

    A script seems like a viable solution
    I played with the Snapshot command on the Treo... nuttin seems to be copied to the buffer. On the PC version, it works great.

    You might consider driving a PC script that captures screen via ActiveSync link. I use Capture Pro by TekSoft

    http://www.teksoftco.com/index.php?section=capturepro

    You could also tackle the problem from the PC side with...

    http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=18480&R=18480

    It might be a neat $Commercial$ app to develop for aerial photography, but they prolly have better cams and systems than what's in the treo.

    Hey, are u flying your Treo in an RC plane?


    -- JDC
  12. #352  
    Here is my latest try for scripting a new text message:

    Code:
    Run( "\Windows\Start Menu\Messaging.lnk")
    Sleep (4000)
    
    # WaitForActive( "Text Messages", 10 )
    
    WindowName = ActiveWindow()
    
    if ( WindowName = "Text Messages" )
    
    	Message("Running If...")
    	SendLeftSoft("Text Messages")
    	Sleep (1000)
    	SendCR ("Text Messages")
    	
    else if (WindowName = "Hotmail")
    
    	Message("Running Else If")
    	SendRightSoft(WindowName)
    	SendKeys( WindowName, "g" )
    	SendKeys( WindowName, "t" )
    	SendRightSoft(WindowName)
    	Sendkeys
    	SendLeftSoft("Text Messages")
    	Sleep (1000)
    	SendCR ("Text Messages")
    
    else
    	
    	Message("Big Error")
    
    EndIf
    In this example, I pre-set my messages window to be in hotmail, so that the "WindowName" would be "Hotmail" (I confirmed this). This works as expected, but the script runs the first If statement, even though the condition is not being met. It errors out saying it can't find window "Text Messages"

    Is my syntax wrong on the if statement?
    Last edited by sam-i-am; 02/18/2007 at 08:52 PM.
  13. #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    I tried the single line thing, and as before I can see that messaging starts and then immediately quits. It never leaves the window from which I run the script.

    So messaging will open up to one of 5 or so possible actual program window names (Text Messages, Outlook E-Mail, etc.). Without making a long pause to wait for the program to load, I don't know how else to make it work. WaitForActive won't work, because I don't know which window it's going to open up to and therefore can't define what to wait for.

    This must be different than the treo 700wx version of messaging that just opens up to the "messaging" window no matter what type of message is is.
    Must be...

    Here's what I see with the one-line New ("message") script and the GetWindowName script. I also included a screenshot of the registry. Lastly, the 3rd screen appears to be on the Today Screen, cuz mortscript closed the messaging window somehow.

    -- JDC
    Attached Images Attached Images
  14. #354  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Lastly, the 3rd screen appears to be on the Today Screen, cuz mortscript closed the messaging window somehow.

    -- JDC
    So it's closing on yours as well? That's the problem I was having with the new command. Other than that I see the same thing in the registry. Here is a screen capture of my message window.

    The hidden menu item that you can't see is "(G)o To"

    As far as my if then syntax is concerned, can you tell if it is correct or not?
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    Here is my latest try for scripting a new text message:

    Code:
    Run( "\Windows\Start Menu\Messaging.lnk")
    Sleep (4000)
    
    # WaitForActive( "Text Messages", 10 )
    
    WindowName = ActiveWindow()
    
    if ( WindowName = "Text Messages" )
    
    	Message("Running If...")
    	SendLeftSoft("Text Messages")
    	Sleep (1000)
    	SendCR ("Text Messages")
    	
    else if (WindowName = "Hotmail")
    
    	Message("Running Else If")
    	SendRightSoft(WindowName)
    	SendKeys( WindowName, "g" )
    	SendKeys( WindowName, "t" )
    	SendRightSoft(WindowName)
    	Sendkeys
    	SendLeftSoft("Text Messages")
    	Sleep (1000)
    	SendCR ("Text Messages")
    
    else
    	
    	Message("Big Error")
    
    EndIf
    In this example, I pre-set my messages window to be in hotmail, so that the "WindowName" would be "Hotmail" (I confirmed this). This works as expected, but the script runs the first If statement, even though the condition is not being met. It errors out saying it can't find window "Text Messages"

    Is my syntax wrong on the if statement?
    Ummm, slow down and start over from the git go.

    1) If your registry aint like mine... the simple script I wrote won't work.
    2) If you want to drive the Messaging screens with MortScript... then write down EVERY key you have to manipulate to get there after the messaging.lnk runs.
    3) Remember that you cannot predict which screen will popup... MMS, Text Messaging, Outlook, Hotmail, SomeOtherExchangeServer... so... having the script wait for you to put up the screen it's waiting for.. defeats the porpoise of the script.

    So, try your approach again. Suppose u want to send a text msg.

    Messaging Screen pops up... crap it was on HotMail inbox...

    RightSoft
    Up <--- or SendKeys -- "w" then "t" for switch accts to Text Messaging <<edit... "G" or "o", whichever is underlined, then "t">>
    Up
    Right
    "T"
    LeftSoft
    "555-Ure-Done"
    CR

    Now script it and call it NewTextMessage.mscr. Test and re-test. Run messaging.lnk and go to Outlook, OutBox. Close Messaging. Run the TextMessage.mscr. See if it actually works.

    Copy script and call it NewHotmailMessage.mscr... edit...
    RightSoft
    Up <--- or SendKeys -- "w" then "h" for switch accts to Hotmail <<G or O, then H>>
    Up
    Right
    "H"
    LeftSoft
    Down
    Down
    SendKeys - "Your E-Signature"
    Up
    Up...
    (put cursor in To: field)
    RightSoft
    A (add a recipient)
    CR
    ...

    ...
    ..

    etc.

    You are now a cyberScribe. I'd write it for you but what fun would that be?

    Good Luck.

    -- John
    <<Edit -- also, don't get hung up on the window names in the beginning, since you can't predict which one will become active, capture which one is until you go to one that you intend... also, it don't hurt to fly "blind", if you're certain it works most of the time. When the first unpredictable messaging screen pops up, get the name with

    WindowName = ActiveWindow()

    then drive the sendkeys to that window

    SendKeys ("BlahBlah", WindowName)

    Once it goes to the next window, fly blind

    SendKeys ("BlahBlah") is same as giving windoname if you're purty sure it's being driven as commanded. >>
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/18/2007 at 10:01 PM.
  16. #356  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    So it's closing on yours as well? That's the problem I was having with the new command. Other than that I see the same thing in the registry. Here is a screen capture of my message window.

    The hidden menu item that you can't see is "(G)o To"

    As far as my if then syntax is concerned, can you tell if it is correct or not?
    See my answer in the next post. Or by now, it'll be the previous post.

    I have a sneaking suspicion that the registry is slightly different on the 2 phones. either that or you don't want to peek where others poke.

    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/18/2007 at 09:46 PM.
  17. #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    See my answer in the next post. Or by now, it'll be the previous post.

    I have a sneaking suspicion that the registry is slightly different on the 2 phones. either that or you don't want to peek where others poke.

    See attached.

    As for sending keys, for example with SendKeys, don't I need to define a window by title - or can I have it just send to the focused window?

    Like

    SendRightSoft()
    SendKeys("g")

    It seems like that would return a "window g not found" error. So....

    SendKeys( ,"g")

    ???

    The problem is I don't know what window title will come up with messaging.

    (The order of the pictures below is 4,2, then 3)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    See attached.

    As for sending keys, for example with SendKeys, don't I need to define a window by title - or can I have it just send to the focused window?

    Like

    SendRightSoft()
    SendKeys("g")
    Yep, correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    It seems like that would return a "window g not found" error. So....

    SendKeys( ,"g")

    ???
    Nope... take a closer look at SendNewMessageToMyWife.mscr... in my case, mortscript for some reason won't recognize (sorry, the Germans would type "recognise") the windowname "Hotmail"... so I flew it blind.



    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    The problem is I don't know what window title will come up with messaging.
    See my edit at the bottom of post 355.

    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    (The order of the pictures below is 4,2, then 3)
    OK, I almost believe you now... can you get someone film it with a digitial camera? Seriously, when I run the single-line New ("message") command, I get a screen that looks like the one I posted having me select one of the messaging services.

    -- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/18/2007 at 10:25 PM.
  19. #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think mortscript can communicate with the serial port. The only possibility would be if the lat/long is stored in the regsitry somewhere...
    <<Ver 4.0 RC9....>>

    9.12.4 Access serial ports (SetComInfo)
    SetComInfo( port, timeout [, baud rate [, parity [, bits
    [, stop bits [, control ]]]]] )
    With this command you define, how a COM port is accessed.
    The command must be invoked before ReadFile or WriteFile. When you call those functions with
    „COM1:“ (or any other COM port) as file name, the access is initialized with the given values.
    Parameters:
    Port................ The port as DOS filename, e.g. "COM1:". Please regard uppercase and colons!
    Timeout..........Timespan in milliseconds after which the system should cancel the access
    Baud rate The transfer speed. Usually it's 9600, 14400, or 56700, the default if you omit this
    parameter is 9600.
    Parity..............The parity of a check bit. Possible values are "none", "even", "odd", "mark", and
    "space". In most cases, it's "none", which is also the default, rarely "even" or "odd".
    Bits.................Number of bits per transmitted byte. Nowadays it's almost always 8 (default), only
    in rare cases it's 7, less it almost never used.
    Stop bits.........Number of stop bits (duration between bytes). Possible values are 1 (default)
    1.5 (pass as quoted string!), and 2.
    Control...........Type of flow control. Available are "None", "RTS/CTS" (default), and
    "XON/XOFF".
    Hint: Depending on system, drivers, and device, not all parameters are always used correctly.
    Especially the timeout seems to be handled differently, sometimes it's even ignored completely.
  20. #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    9.12.4 Access serial ports (SetComInfo)
    SetComInfo( port, timeout [, baud rate [, parity [, bits
    [, stop bits [, control ]]]]] )
    With this command you define, how a COM port is accessed.
    The command must be invoked before ReadFile or WriteFile. When you call those functions with
    „COM1:“ (or any other COM port) as file name, the access is initialized with the given values.
    Parameters:
    Port................ The port as DOS filename, e.g. "COM1:". Please regard uppercase and colons!
    Timeout..........Timespan in milliseconds after which the system should cancel the access
    Baud rate The transfer speed. Usually it's 9600, 14400, or 56700, the default if you omit this
    parameter is 9600.
    Parity..............The parity of a check bit. Possible values are "none", "even", "odd", "mark", and
    "space". In most cases, it's "none", which is also the default, rarely "even" or "odd".
    Bits.................Number of bits per transmitted byte. Nowadays it's almost always 8 (default), only
    in rare cases it's 7, less it almost never used.
    Stop bits.........Number of stop bits (duration between bytes). Possible values are 1 (default)
    1.5 (pass as quoted string!), and 2.
    Control...........Type of flow control. Available are "None", "RTS/CTS" (default), and
    "XON/XOFF".
    Hint: Depending on system, drivers, and device, not all parameters are always used correctly.
    Especially the timeout seems to be handled differently, sometimes it's even ignored completely.
    Okay, I guess my searching skills just suck! But I DID look at the documentation, I swear!

    EDIT: RC9 - aha! I'm just not that cutting edge.
    Last edited by sam-i-am; 02/18/2007 at 10:39 PM.

Posting Permissions