Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 718
  1. #321  
    thx...starting to work on the UI part with Choice...of course if start and end times can be any hour, it's a lot of cases...open hourly chime script into a variable, write the start and end times back into the file based on what the user and chooses then run it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  2. #322  
    Yes Yes.Timer script with user interface is going to make many of (pay for your software devlopers) very upset.We then have full control over script start/ end and you know the rest.It was in the PM
  3. #323  
    Sling, I hate to ask this again... but the KeyLight script -- combined with alarm clocks and keylock and prolly sound and notification settings for a few other programs I don't need --- is reeking havoc with my phone.

    I've missed calls and overslept... more than once.

    What I need is a simple script to undo what KeyLight script does.

    I need to return these settings to the factory defaults.

    I don't want to choose one of the 5 choices to effectively reset... I want to return them to the factory defaults.... um, maybe a future choice 6.

    Thanks,

    John
    p.s. I've also experienced problems with Active Sync, especially Bluetooth, when running a certain combo of the situations described above.
  4. #324  
    Your setting are factory default at keylights on-screen 60sec

    Ive been using it for weeks as are many of my employees .That would be a great excuse for them to show up late to work hahaha But that not being the case.Keylight Manger is no way related to your problem.It is not tied into any WM alarm setting/ call setting/notification/active sync or anything of that sort.
    Also adding there has been over 250 downloads from beta to present with No problem for 700wx/w owners
    750 users have had issues because of 0-10 setting.Im currently working on a version for them
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/18/2007 at 02:27 PM. Reason: also adding
  5. #325  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Your setting are factory default at keylights on-screen 60sec

    Ive been using it for weeks as are many of my employees .That would be a great excuse for them to show up late to work hahaha But that not being the case.Keylight Manger is no way related to your problem.
    spoken like a true developer. I suspect there's a freaky alignment of plan(e)ts, then. (grin)
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/18/2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: a plant aint a planet (except on venus)
  6. #326  
    Okay, I have verified that the registry key under newmenu does, in fact, exist.

    The next part of the script send the letter of the service I want to make a new message for, but when I just load messaging and try to hit that letter, nothing happens. There is a menu with shortcut letters, and going to text messaging would be something like "menu/(G)o To/(T)ext Messages"

    I'm not sure this is how the script was originally intended to run. Would "SendNo" simulate a press of the right hardware button below the screen? Because that's the menu button.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    hey sam.

    it would be tuff to trubbleshoot without your phone. but you can. put in sme error traps and pauses after each line. maybe a question command and a get window name cmd.

    is there such a register "message' at the location referenced in the reference to the manual in the script header?


    -- JDC
    (e-signature sent via PalmŪ Treo 700w
    running a self-propelled MortScript
    commanded to execute by voice
    while driving my car handsfree)

    ;-)
  7. #327  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    spoken like a true developer. I suspect there's a freaky alignment of plan(e)ts, then. (grin)
    You got to stop using those XDA mort scripts hahaha JK
    But Really your problem has nothing to do with keylights.What you see in my script are value changes only effecting keylight function.
    Now I did just finish a keylight timer script thanks to Scotty great work.I had to mod it a little for set mourning time 8am and evening 6pm ditching 12:00.
    Im going to beta it for a couple days before I drop the goods
  8. #328  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    Okay, I have verified that the registry key under newmenu does, in fact, exist.

    The next part of the script send the letter of the service I want to make a new message for, but when I just load messaging and try to hit that letter, nothing happens. There is a menu with shortcut letters, and going to text messaging would be something like "menu/(G)o To/(T)ext Messages"

    I'm not sure this is how the script was originally intended to run. Would "SendNo" simulate a press of the right hardware button below the screen? Because that's the menu button.
    The command for that is
    SendRightSoft() <--- current window, or
    SendRightSoft("WindowName")

    If you're using my script, "NewTextMessage.mscr", then work with the following lines:

    SendKeys( "Messaging", "t" )
    Sleep (1000)
    SendCR ("Messaging")

    Add a line...

    SendRightSoft("Messaging")
    SendKeys( "Messaging", "t" ) <- or whatever works with the menu
    Sleep (1000)
    SendCR ("Messaging")

    If that don't work, navigate manually from the "Messaging" screen, and write down exactly what you do to get to the Text messaging screen.

    Screen shots would help, too, especially a screen shot of the menu.

    If that don't work, then we could start a line-by line trubbleshoot.

    1) comment out all lines of code except this one:
    New( "Message" )

    run the script.

    If it errors, then tell us the error msg.

    2) If it doesn't, uncomment the next line and run with:
    New( "Message" )
    WaitForActive( "Messaging", 10 )

    If 'No window" error here, download my "GetWindowName.mscr" (I think it's in the 2nd batch of script snippets I posted) and load it in a directory under \windows\start menu. Then enable voice command (if not already done so) and tie voice command to a button (if not already done so). Then go back to step 2 and re-run the script with those 2 lines. When the script errors, activate the voice command and say "start GetWindowName". Take note of the window name. This is what needs to be in the code where "Messaging" appears.

    Hope this helps.

    -- JDC
  9. #329  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    You got to stop using those XDA mort scripts hahaha JK
    But Really your problem has nothing to do with keylights.What you see in my script are value changes only effecting keylight function.
    Now I did just finish a keylight timer script thanks to Scotty great work.I had to mod it a little for set mourning time 8am and evening 6pm ditching 12:00.
    Im going to beta it for a couple days before I drop the goods

    I dunno... I vaguely remember not having to turn my screen back on when external power was connected. It may have more to do do with what I set in the backlight control panel. Come to think of it... I have no need to turn backlight off when connected to external power. Are you writing to the registry related to battery power, external power, both? (I suspect ... and I just verified that your script writes to both).

    I think a "Battery Saving" application would not tread on external power settings.

    As for alarms, does anyone else have a problem with alarms and notifications not sounding when connected to the charger?

    -- JDC
  10. #330  
    I'm thinking of creating a standard Mortscript .ini file that includes variable preferences. The following settings could become variables in all our programs so we could call other scripts without having to re-code where we install our scripts.

    [MortScriptPreferences]
    MortScriptHomeDir = \windows\start menu\scripts
    MortScriptEditor = Notepad
    MortScriptAppdir = \storage card\program files\mortscript
    MortScriptVer = 4.0 RC9
    MortScriptPlatform = WM5 <-- or "PC"
    # this would keep us from inadvertently attempting to "run" WM scripts when all we wanted to do was edit them. This gets to be a problem when morscript is registered on the pc and double-clicking the .mscr actually executes it instead of edits it. I KNOW I don't want registry edits intended for my mobile infecting my PC.
    MortCallToScreenCaptureApp = \Storage Card\Program Files\ScreenCapture\ScreenCapture.exe
    MortCallToFileExplorer = \Windows\Start Menu\File Explorer.lnk
    MortCallToBrowserApp = \Windows\iexplore.exe
    MortCallToMessaging = ???

    ... etc.
  11. #331  
    Okay, I followed your tips and came up with this:

    I replaced the new command with "run" because it wasn't working - it would just start messaging and exit it just as quickly.

    Run( "\Windows\Start Menu\Messaging.lnk")
    WaitForActive( "Text Messages", 10 )

    SendRightSoft("Text Messages")
    SendKeys( "Text Messages", "g" )
    SendKeys( "Text Messages", "t" )
    SendLeftSoft("Text Messages")
    Sleep (1000)
    SendCR ("Text Messages")

    Now the only problem is, when I start up messaging, each service (outlook, hotmail, mms) has it's own window name, and it will default to whatever I opened last. So, for example, if I recently sent an outlook message, the script will fail complaining that no window "text messages" can be found.

    I found the function wndexsits and will need to write a logic loop that checks if outlook exsists, and then run the commands to switch it to text mode. So I'm thinking something like this at the begining of my script:

    x = wndexist("Outlook E-Mail")
    if x=1 then
    SendRightSoft("Outlook E-Mail")
    etc...
    end if

    I need to look up the syntax for if statements still.

    Actually, on second thought, maybe I should just start messaging, then run commands on the foreground window to get into text messaging. How do I call the foreground window?
  12. #332  
    Hmm.. this is going to be harder than I though because the waitforactive command is waiting for text messages.

    I can check for existing windows, but will have to pause the program for a few seconds first which is kind of annoying.

    If only I could do multiple waitforactives at a time, and then run based on which one actually became active...
  13. #333  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    I dunno... I vaguely remember not having to turn my screen back on when external power was connected. It may have more to do do with what I set in the backlight control panel. Come to think of it... I have no need to turn backlight off when connected to external power. Are you writing to the registry related to battery power, external power, both? (I suspect ... and I just verified that your script writes to both).

    I think a "Battery Saving" application would not tread on external power settings.

    As for alarms, does anyone else have a problem with alarms and notifications not sounding when connected to the charger?

    -- JDC
    I can mod the ac timeouts for lets say 5 min.would that be ok?
  14. #334  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I can mod the ac timeouts for lets say 5 min.would that be ok?
    Mine are set to 10 min now... I have another screensaver that kicks in before then.. it's called Dockware and it starts a screensaver util that puts on a slideshow of pics I've taken and downloaded.

    Actually, I'm gunna comment out all the AC settings in your script (no offense, they just don't make sense for me).



    -- JDC
  15. #335  
    ouch cant do that.Thats what turn the keylights off and on.be carefull it could get scarry

    on all of the AC-timeouts that have 30 or 60<<<<<<very important
    Add 600
    Then go into backlight manager and change your external backlight settings
    to 10min and put a check both boxes<<<<<very important
    The light is yours
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/18/2007 at 05:15 PM.
  16. #336  
    I would never have my treo baking on the charger for 10 min with lights at full brightness----Thats extreme.Im sweating thinking about it hahaha
  17. #337  
    hannip, slingbox... I would like to silence the sounds that play when plugging the Treo 750 into a charger or removing it from a charger. Would either of you... or anyone else, for that matter... be willing to write the code to do this that I could add into my existing MortScript for the LED?
  18. #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am View Post
    .... I replaced the new command with "run" because it wasn't working - it would just start messaging and exit it just as quickly. ...
    try the new ("message") command by itself... as a one-line script.

    do the GetWindowName and you might be enlightened.

    as for running background windows, I use a great Task Manager that reports .exe and Windownames.

    its called Task Manager v2.7 from FdcSoft. Google it and you'll go to a forum where you'll need to register to download.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=280104


    -- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/18/2007 at 05:33 PM. Reason: added url to TaskManager app
  19. #339  
    Quote Originally Posted by DiverGuy View Post
    hannip, slingbox... I would like to silence the sounds that play when plugging the Treo 750 into a charger or removing it from a charger. Would either of you... or anyone else, for that matter... be willing to write the code to do this that I could add into my existing MortScript for the LED?
    Charger connect/disconnect notifacations install directions.

    No more charger connect sounds
    Open registry editor and go in this order
    + HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +ControlPanel
    +Volume
    ChargerConnect
    ChargerDisconnect

    Open Chargerconnect.change current alert to-- No Sound.mid
    Open Chargerdisconnect.Change the current alert to-- No Sound.mid

    And your good to go
  20. #340  
    hmm
    Diverguy I could write it into your treo on mute.
    I could REGREAD CURRENT Charger connect setting then on ringer mute REGWRITE the NO SOUND MID.That would of coures be tied into my version nled-led alert script- ringer mute led off.

    Update.
    If you want to hold off on the reg edit above I will mod ledalert script.I will have it for you on thursday.
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/18/2007 at 05:59 PM.

Posting Permissions