Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    I'm riping apart my NLED-ringer mute led off-script adding a reminder beep option with device wake up for 5 seconds with screen off.
    reminder beep with led blink will be ours soon
    Well, woke up this morning to a MSFT error with services.exe that happened some time over night...don't know if my script caused it though (I did notice there was a stuck item in the Notification Queue for HourlyChime.mscr that was supposed to trigger at 12:44AM), so if anyone else tried my script and left it running overnight, let me know if you got the same error.

EDIT -- this has been fixed
    Last edited by scottymomo; 02/17/2007 at 08:48 AM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I had the same error as well
    Scotty it may very well be the (timestamp)
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Scotty it may very well be the (timestamp)
    Yeah, could be. Testing this out to see if it makes a difference:

Changed:
    RunAt( Timestamp()+3300, "\Program Files\MortScript\HourlyChime.mscr" )

To:
    Rerun = Timestamp()+3300
    RunAt( Rerun, "\Program Files\MortScript\HourlyChime.mscr" )

Also wondering if I should use an .exe instead for the RunAt command (rename copy Autorun.exe and rename them with the names of the scripts)

All the other items in the notification queue for the most part are .exe files...but it should work the same way...we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Well, woke up this morning to a MSFT error with services.exe that happened some time over night...don't know if my script caused it though (I did notice there was a stuck item in the Notification Queue for HourlyChime.mscr that was supposed to trigger at 12:44AM), so if anyone else tried my script and left it running overnight, let me know if you got the same error.
    My phone won't alert me of anything, including and incoming call, when it's in "standby". Could it be this script? Could it be the 200 other superfluous, yet neat, things I've crammed into it?

Seriously, a re-boot doesn't help. In addition to the rev 0 ChimeTime scripts, I installed 2 other utils last nite, in addittion to resource hacking a Tip Calculator ("tipster.exe") so it would fit on the 320x320 screen. One was a free SpeakerPhone app. The other was a free alarm clock with resource hack.

http://www.teksoftco.com/freeware/speakerphone002/

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,34615.0.html

Should I try a cold start now and lose a weekend to rebuilding the essential stuff?

-- JDC
    hmmm.You have a reg backup I should hope
    If so save it on sd card and stick it in shirt pocket.
    Make a backup of your registry as it sits now--save that on pc
    Take that pretty SD card out of your shirt pocket and restore reg.
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/16/2007 at 11:57 AM.
    hmmm.You have a reg backup I should hope
    If so save it on sd card and stick it in shirt pocket.
    Make a backup of your registry as it sits now--save that on pc
    Take that pretty SD card out of your shirt pocket and restore reg.
    I have backups of backups.

I think it's the Speakerphone app.

Sure is a nice feature... I hate to hose it completely.

-- JDC
    I was taking a look at in link posted.It,s just a toggle correct?
    I can see were that would be of great function on the WX.Please fill me in

P.S my treo wx is starting to smoke with Scotty script active hahaha
    Just a joking
    I was taking a look at in link posted.It,s just a toggle correct?
    I can see were that would be of great function on the WX.Please fill me in

P.S my treo wx is starting to smoke with Scotty script active hahaha
    Just a joking
    yes, it's a toggle... but it was designed for WM 2003 and I can't get all the features active. Can't see the two screens as shown below.

Also, the icon on my Start menu mysteriously disappears (replaced with generic icon).

Hmmmmmmmmm?

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    My phone won't alert me of anything, including and incoming call, when it's in "standby". Could it be this script? Could it be the 200 other superfluous, yet neat, things I've crammed into it?
    I was having similar difficulties starting a few days ago where reminders completely stopped working, but I don't think it was in conjunction with my script.

I went through the notification queue this morning and there were some stuck entries from past calendar events (from a couple days ago) that never fired so I removed them, as well as a couple blank entries that referenced some random codes (looked like CSLID entries for something)...waiting to see if my next appt reminder pops up here in a couple hours..

Chimes is working fine for now but will see what happens overnight
    Going to update the zip in my original post with the change I made this morning...

Great news
    TB_TB_TB over at XDA hooked me up with the added ledup driver for red led blink...Many thnaks for TB taking the time to help us WM treo owners out

------------------------------------------------------------------------

NLedSetDevice(NLED_SETTINGS_INFO_ID, &nsi);
    Main cpp file:
    Code:

// LEDUp.cpp : Defines the entry point for the application.
    //

#include "stdafx.h"
    #include "ledz.h"

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPTSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
    {
    if((_tcslen(lpCmdLine) < 1) || (_tcslen(lpCmdLine) > 3)){
    TCHAR buf[50];
    _stprintf(buf, _T("Total LEDs reported by Windows: %d"), GetLedCount());
    MessageBox(GetForegroundWindow(), _T("LEDUp: a simple command - line tool for LED/vibe setup.\nUsage:\n\nLEDUp.exe ledno ledstate\n\nWhere ledstate:\n\t0\toff (normal)\n\t1\ton\n\t2\tblink\n\nledno is a LED number (sometimes vibe engine is reported as LED)."), _T("LEDUp info"), MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION);
    MessageBox(GetForegroundWindow(), buf, _T("LEDUp info"), MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION);

if(IDYES == MessageBox(GetForegroundWindow(), _T("Test the LEDs now?"), _T("LEDUp Test"), MB_YESNO|MB_ICONQUESTION)){
    for(int i = 0; i < GetLedCount(); i++){
    for(int j = 0; j < 3; j++){
    _stprintf(buf, _T("Testing LED #%d, state %d\ncmd. line: LEDUp %d %d"), i, j, i, j);
    SetLedStatus(i, j);
    MessageBox(GetForegroundWindow(), buf, _T("LEDUp LED test"), MB_OK|MB_ICONINFORMATION);
    }
    SetLedStatus(i, 0);
    }
    }

return 0;
    }

_tcsrev(lpCmdLine);

SetLedStatus(_wtoi(_tcsrev(lpCmdLine) + 2), _wtoi(_tcsrev(lpCmdLine) + 2));
    return 0;
    }
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by _TB_TB_ : Today at 09:58 AM. Reason: (sourcecode added)
    I tried carrying into notes dropping it in cab but I got a shortcut to notes.Any Idea what format is needed so i can drop this bad boy in a cab.
    My c++ programing experience is a 2 out of 10
    how bout Orange??

heres some more good stuff.I beleave the drivers are below

Source code below:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ledz.h:
    Code:
    # include <nled.h>

extern "C"
    {
    BOOL NLedGetDeviceInfo(INT nID, PVOID pOutput);
    BOOL NLedSetDevice(INT nID, PVOID pOutput);
    }

int GetLedCount()
    {
    NLED_COUNT_INFO nci;
    int wCount = 0;

if(NLedGetDeviceInfo(NLED_COUNT_INFO_ID, (PVOID) &nci))
    wCount = (int) nci.cLeds;

return wCount;
    }

void SetLedStatus(int wLed, int wStatus)
    {
    NLED_SETTINGS_INFO nsi;

nsi.LedNum = (INT) wLed;
    nsi.OffOnBlink = (INT) wStatus;

NLedSetDevice(NLED_SETTINGS_INFO_ID, &nsi);
    Main cpp file:
    Code:
    Ok I droped program into cab file and got an extra LED notifacation choice yet no dice on the red yet.No threat I will have it soon.
    Update
    I need that driver from the alltell 700wx.It blinks red when out of service area .I'm going to breeze into altell store later dropping reg edit software in the display model and back up the reg on sd card.I find the driver .once this is had the led up software can be directed to check that driver.when checked it should blink red.from that point we can tie the value into nled script
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/16/2007 at 02:39 PM.
    ...I'm going to breeze into altell store later dropping reg edit software in the display model and back up the reg on sd card.
    Someone STOP him before he gets us all banned from the airwaves.

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey guys thanks again for all of your hard work in making scripts...i got a quick question...im woundering how did you find the info into making scripts...im very interested in also making some, but i dont know where to start on finding what does what when you write them...help please...thanks in advanced...
    Rino I told you at Mobility Today
    Stick around here and you will learn

Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    how bout Orange??
    Scotty Im slamed on led alert.If you have any spare time
    Can you build off of your chime script.Im looking for alert at
    800am ,600pm and 1200pm
    only.

Phil C