Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Mine dims when it's connected to Active Sync cable, because the power connection is part of the USB connection.

- JDC
    Thats the norm.
    Tap on the power manger tab and set AC timeout at 2min screen 2min device
    If you have your keylight set to (on or off ) (backlight 30 )when you sync the keylights go out/screen dim in 60 sec.That the norm if not touched.I guess it,s wm way of saying if you not using screen why keep it bright.Simply tap screen and it wakes up to full brightness.
    When you disconnect from charger or sync you will go back to your battery backlight (on or off )(30 sec screen dim.) setting
    and like wise for the 60 sec setting.
    In essence, a directory is a file. The following worked for me.

Rename ("\Storage Card\test0\", "\Storage Card\test1\")

-- JDC
    Thanx JDcochran, I had not thought in those terms, I will give it a try. One more question, how do you get the "ShowWaitCursor" and "HideWaitCursor" function to work. I tried with just the command at the begining of my script and then at the end prior to the "Exit" command but it just stopped the script from running.

Thanx again!
    Ok whos found a way to get red led hahahaha.I was digging hard yesterday till my treo took a run out of the bestbuy parking lot.
    I put together this little gem over the weekend.

ClearHistory.mscr is a Mortscript to selectively delete Internet Explorer URL History Entries that appear in the URL Dropdown.

See ScreenShots to get an idea of what it does.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first real attempt at code that reads and modifies the registry.

To be safe, backup your registry before tweaking this code.

I've tested it for 0, 1, and 2-10 entries, deleting one or more of them selectively.

Also, turn your sound off or down before executing, less ye be barraged by alerts.

Lastly, please feel free to experiment with this code.

I troubleshot it by manually mistyping bogus URLs in in Internet Explorer, then used a registry editor to watch the results of the script. I also put some "stops" in the code to analyze the variables. They have since been commented out.

-- JDC

Code:
    # ClearHistory.mscr
    # 
    # Read Internet Explorer "History Entries" from registry and
    # prompts user to selectively delete one or more entries.
    #
    #
    # Rev 0, Initial Release 2/12/2007
    #
    # 
    #
    # JDCochran (Atlanta, GA)
    # jdcochran@hotmail.com

LastHistoryEntry = False

n = 0
    t = 1

HistoryEntry[n] = ""

# Not sure if IE needs to be closed, but I had erratic results during development.  Most likely, I just needed to refresh the registry display,
    # but it's safest to just close IE to avoid shifting arrays.

If (WndExists("Internet Explorer"))
    	Answer0 = Question ("Internet Explorer is Active and should be closed for this application to function properly... Close Internet Explorer?", "ClearHistory.mscr", "YesNoCancel")

If (Answer0 = 2)
    		Exit
    	EndIf

If (Answer0 = 1)
    		Close ("Internet Explorer")
    		Sleep (2000)
    	EndIf
    EndIf

While( not LastHistoryEntry )
    	HistoryEntry[n] = RegRead("HKLM", "Explorer\AddressHistory", n)

If (HistoryEntry[n] eq HistoryEntry[n-1])
    			LastHistoryEntry = True	
    			If (n = 0)
    				Message ("History is Empty!  Script will abort now.")
    				Exit
    			EndIf
    		Else

Answer = Question ("EraseEntry???" & "^LF^^LF^[" & HistoryEntry[n] &"]", "HistoryEntry[" & n & "]", "YesNoCancel")
    #			Message ("AnswerValue = " & Answer)

If (Answer = 2)
    				Exit
    			EndIf

If (Answer = 1)
    				RegToDel[t] = n
    			EndIf

If (Answer = 0)
    #				Store Saved Entry in Temporary Array
    				RegToSave[t] = HistoryEntry[n]
    				t = t+1
    			EndIf

n = n+1
    		Endif

EndWhile

DelIndex = n - 1
    # Delete ALL entries, then re-build with saved array (next section).
    Repeat (n)
    	RegDelete ("HKLM", "Explorer\AddressHistory", DelIndex)
    #	Message ("Deleting HKLM\Explorer\AddressHistory\["& DelIndex & "]")
    	DelIndex = DelIndex - 1
    EndRepeat

# See Development Note 1

If (t = 1)
    	Message ("ClearHistory.mscr Done!")
    	Exit
    EndIf

# Rebuild History with saved array.
    SaveIndex=0
    Repeat (t - 1)
    	RegWriteString("HKLM", "Explorer\AddressHistory", SaveIndex, RegToSave[SaveIndex + 1])
    #	Message ("Writing HKLM\Explorer\AddressHistory\["& SaveIndex & "] -->^LF^" & RegToSave[SaveIndex + 1])
    	SaveIndex = SaveIndex + 1
    EndRepeat

Message ("ClearHistory.mscr Done!")

# --------------------------
    # YesNoCancel Return Values
    # 
    # 0 - no
    # 1 - yes
    # 2 - cancel
    #
    #
    # Development Notes: 
    # 
    # 1) 	When only one entry remains at registry HKLM\Explorer\AddressHistory\0, 
    #	and this entry was slated for deletion, need to avoid writing anything in the registry [0] slot.
    #	Otherwise, thousands of empty entries are created by subsequent code execution, most likely due to 
    #	a T<0 condition.  Thank the developer for his Trial and Terror discovery of this which resulted 
    #	in having to re-build the registry from a backup copy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/12/2007 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by angusc View Post
    Thanx JDcochran, I had not thought in those terms, I will give it a try. One more question, how do you get the "ShowWaitCursor" and "HideWaitCursor" function to work. I tried with just the command at the begining of my script and then at the end prior to the "Exit" command but it just stopped the script from running.

Thanx again!
    Initially, I assumed that a timer (wait, sleep, etc.) would need to be running in order to see the results of this command.

I tried it, too, but I couldn't see the WaitCursor -- even with a timer.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm?

Any other takers?

-- JDC
    I posted a CallerID.mscr at:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...14#post1196814

Hannip improved it in post #10

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/13/2007 at 09:52 PM.
    Sorry for the newbie question but I MortScript,LedUp and install in Device (not storage). I then installed NLED.zip and copy the script to the Mortscript folder and copy a shortcut to Windows/Startup. I then did a softreset. I did a test email and text message but the LED doesn't turn orange. Am I doing anything wrong?

TY!
    Melissa
    Quote Originally Posted by mbor View Post
    Sorry for the newbie question but I MortScript,LedUp and install in Device (not storage). I then installed NLED.zip and copy the script to the Mortscript folder and copy a shortcut to Windows/Startup. I then did a softreset. I did a test email and text message but the LED doesn't turn orange. Am I doing anything wrong?

TY!
    Melissa
    When you look at the .mscr file(s) using File Explorer, do they appear wilth icons similar to those shown?

If not, go the dir where you installed the .exe and run (double click from Explorer) the mortscript.exe to register the .mscr filetypes.

Then, reset and try again.

HTH.

-- JDC
    When you look at the .mscr file(s) using File Explorer, do they appear wilth icons similar to those shown?

If not, go the dir where you installed the .exe and run (double click from Explorer) the mortscript.exe to register the .mscr filetypes.

HTH.

-- JDC
    Where do I find Script or .mscr files in file explorer. Using Resco Explorer, I don't see these file. Boy I feel like a noob.
    I do notice the LED blinks slower and longer in green when I do get a new message. Is this what it's suppose to do or also turn orange?

TY!

HTH.

-- JDC

Ok I do see what you mean. It does look like those script icons. It threw me off because you have several scripts. Is this script suppose to light orange also when there is a new reminder/alert or it's suppose to be still green. I had the impression the LED will turn orange also when new message comes in.

TY!
    ... It threw me off because you have several scripts. ...
    TY!
    Too many, fer sure.

Wait a few hours and slingbox will chime in.

This is one of the few scripts I have NOT installed.

-- JDC
    ...oh, and look for the NLED.mscr in the Mortscript install folder. If it don't have the grey icon as shown, the script ain't runnin.

-- JDC
    ...oh, and look for the NLED.mscr in the Mortscript install folder. If it don't have the grey icon as shown, the script ain't runnin.

-- JDC
    Ok Thanks! The NLED Icon is grey in the mortscript folder.

Wonder if there is a script so the LED will turn flashing Red for new emails, notices, reminders, missed calls, voicemail, etc.
    JDC...

Thank you very much for the scripts!
    Ok Thanks! The NLED Icon is grey in the mortscript folder.

Wonder if there is a script so the LED will turn flashing Red for new emails, notices, reminders, missed calls, voicemail, etc.
    This fact simply proves that Mortscript was installed and is usable. It does not prove that the script you're trying to troubleshoot is actually running. I assume that it is running at startup now?

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
    JDC...

Sure, no charge.

Are you using any of them?

Any enhancement requests?

- JDC
    Been out of town for a day and miss all the fun

The Nled script works with ledup.Ledup only has the blinking green led alert.Im now working on finding a way to tap into red led color.
    When it comes to shortcut/nled
    I built off of hannip script some time back adding a great feature.
    When you have the ringer on mute the led alert is not active.When treo is not on mute led alert becomes active for missed calls/voicemail/sms.
    I built a cab file for easy install that can be found
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=54

Drop Cab. file in (my documents )folder and give it a tap.
    It will place a shortcut in your menu programs automatically.
    Remeber you must have mortscript install

Cheers

Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
    JDC...

You're Welcome (again).

Here are some more.

Some are new.

Some are repackaged.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    You're Welcome (again).

Here are some more.

Some are new.

Some are repackaged.

-- JDC

CloseWindow.mscr needs some error checking to verify that the current window is not "Programs" or "" or "Desktop" or "CursorWindow" or "" or any other invisible running and required window.

Anyone want to take a stab at this?

-- JDC