Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    How freaken lame.When at Bestbuy doing my teck toy shopping I forgot to pull mt wx out of the car cradel with tomtom gps running.Some A** busted the driver side window of my 4-runner and stole it.
    I AM P***** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The good news.The got him on parken lot camera with a nice face shot.
    The Better News-I have a new treo on the way and should receave it on wednesday.
    That sucks a** but at least you have the satisfaction of know he won't be able to use it since Sprint will blacklist it. If you have it setup with Exchange corp, you can remotely wipe it. I've never done this, but know its a feature of Exchange 2003 sp2.

I wonder if you could have Sprint track it down via AGPS or if they would even bother.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Well some good news.I BUILT MY FIRST CAB. FILE TONIGHT
    Keylight manager is now in cab form.my brother loaned me his 6600 for a few days.He wanted the p hahaha.I was like sure dud
    Hello Gentlemen,

I'm not a Treo owner but a WM5 PPC owner. I found your forum because i'm trying to find a way to get Mortscript to rename directories. I have written a script to rename multiple files in side those folders, however it would be much smoother if i could simply rename a couple of folders and then keep all my files separated from each other.

Would any of you knowledgeble friends be abel to assist me? I have read through this long thread and also read the Mortscript manual but only foud the information for file renaming.......

Best regards
    Chris.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts

I CONVERTED INTO CAB.FILE FOR EASY EASY INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

files located in zip

MORTSCRIPT-40 cab
    TREO KEYLIGHT MANAGER cab
    REEDME INSTALL DIRECTIONS

Cheers
    Phil C
    Hi Phil-
    Thanks again.
    A quick suggestion. I think the current beta of Mortscript is up to RC9 or so, not RC3. You might want to add the link to that download page in your readme text in case someone wants to get the later versions. (http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...n=view&menu=29)
    -- Andrew
    The beta has a few issues.The 4.0 in zip is very strong to peak the intrest then letting the new downloader to mortscript to find his or her way to what ever version they want..
    I will add link to post

Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/11/2007 at 09:18 AM.
    My previous ScreenCapture post was premature. Updated one here should work better.

-- JDC
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks jd
    Works like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by angusc View Post
    ... I have read through this long thread and also read the Mortscript manual but only foud the information for file renaming.......

Best regards
    Chris.
    In essence, a directory is a file. The following worked for me.

Rename ("\Storage Card\test0\", "\Storage Card\test1\")

-- JDC
    Thanks jd
    Works like a charm.
    Thanks for verifying... bummer 'bout your breakin.

Here's sumptin (else) that might "pique" your interest:

how about modifying the PowerManager script to run at all times (keep looping and updating the preferences every minute... if the external power is detected, then do NOT turn off keylights or dim the screen.

x = ExternalPowered()

-- JDC
    A little more fun...

A Simple mort script to dial the highlighted number. Why? Well, WM doesn't always handle this correctly in Explorer or Outlook and it doesn't handle it at all in other applications (i.e. Notes, Calendar, etc).

Map it to your side button and you're good to go. Note, I only tested this on a treo 700wx running Mortscript 4.0RC9, so caveat emptor.

#
    # Dial_Selection: dial the currently highlighted phone number.
    #
    # Will accepts various formats of phone numbers, i.e.)
    # 1234567
    # 123-4567
    # (989) 123-4567
    # 1 (989) 123-4567
    # 1 (800)-FLOWERS
    # For the time being, this is very USA-specific
    #

Some other notes & observations:

- Tried to implement this using the dialpad. Couldn't get the dialer to take a phone number as an argument.
    - Tried to send keystrokes to the dialpad. Couldn't get Mortscript to do this. I assume that if the application reads the keyboard input in non-canonical mode, like the dialpad, that any of the SendKeys() variants will not work.
    - Mapped the phone digits to mouseclicks, but then couldn't find a way to "send" the number. There is nothing on-screen to tap, and the enter key, middle d-pad, and green phone key couldn't be sent via mortscript, arghhh.
    - Gave up and started using the today screen dialer.
    - Noticed some odd issues with timing of the keyboard input, I think I resolved this.
    - Noticed that copying the highlighted text didn't work correctly, for some reason I had to copy it twice before it showed up in the clipboard.
    - Added basic error-checking, but it may not be foolproof.
    - Finally, implemented this as a subroutine so it could be included into a larger script. Since local variables are not supported, I isolated the namespace somewhat by using a "_dl_" prefix.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sometimes I simply want to know the name of the active window... for debugging purposes. I have 3 different task managers that I can use to tell me, but sometimes they tread on the app that I'm troubleshooting or sometimes they even close the window I'm testing.

So, I created a "GetWindowName" script and and use the voice command to find out what I need to know.

Copy this script in a dir in or under \windows\start menu\ and say the voice command:

"Start GetWindowName"

-- JDC

Code:
    # GetWindowName.mscr
    WindowName = ActiveWindow()
    Message ("Active Window Name = " & WindowName, "GetWindowName.mscr")
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/11/2007 at 04:52 PM.
    The attached script illustrates the memory, message, and registry read commands. It also shows how to concatenate.

-- JDC

Code:
    # Status.mscr
    tm = TotalMemory()
    fm = FreeMemory()
    fds = FreeDiskSpace("\")
    fsc = FreeDiskSpace("\Storage Card")
    # bl = BatteryLevel()
    bl = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Battery", "Percentage")
    xp = ExternalPowered()
    xpmsg = "discharging..."

if (xp)
      xpmsg = "charging!"
    endif

Message ("Total Memory = " & tm & " kBytes", "Status (1 of 5)")
    Message ("Free Main Memory = " & fm & " kBytes", "Status (2 of 5)")
    Message ("Free Main RAM = " & fds & " kBytes", "Status (3 of 5)")
    Message ("Free Storage Card Memory = " & fsc & " kBytes", "Status (4 of 5)")
    Message ("Battery Level = " & bl & "% and " & xpmsg, "Status (5 of 5)")
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    A little more fun...

A Simple mort script ...
    Uh, nope, that's a full-blown example of some serious programming.

Good Job!

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    Sometimes I simply want to know the name of the active window... for debugging purposes. I have 3 different task managers that I can use to tell me, but sometimes they tread on the app that I'm troubleshooting or sometimes they even close the window I'm testing.

So, I created a "GetWindowName" script and and use the voice command to find out what I need to know.

Copy this script in a dir in or under \windows\start menu\ and say the voice command:

"Start GetWindowName"

-- JDC

Code:
    # GetWindowName.mscr
    WindowName = ActiveWindow()
    Message ("Active Window Name = " & WindowName, "GetWindowName.mscr")
    Hey, doofus, what if the window name contains leading or trailing spaces?

How about:

Code:
    Message ("Active Window Name = <" & WindowName &">", "GetWindowName.mscr")
    No Charge.

-- JDC
    A little more fun...

A Simple mort script to dial the highlighted number...
    Again, great piece of code!!!

You may want to remind the folks that the Today Settings must disable the Hide Lookup field setting.

See attached.

-- JDC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for verifying... bummer 'bout your breakin.

Here's sumptin (else) that might "pique" your interest:

how about modifying the PowerManager script to run at all times (keep looping and updating the preferences every minute... if the external power is detected, then do NOT turn off keylights or dim the screen.

x = ExternalPowered()

-- JDC
    Hmm thats a great idea.I will work on it when I receave my new treo from sprint. updating every minute no need for that .It could be tied into vol/sound/
    chargeron.mid
    chargeroff.mid
    when chargeron.mid becomes active actimeout 30 min /backlight 10min
    when chargeroff.mid go back to previous settings.

The question,
    how many owners leave there treo on when it,s charging.very odd
    If charger when in sync with pc the treo stay on
    anyway.

update
    Hmm going back in my beta test notes.
    if you tap on the power manager tab and adjust AC power setting for lets say 5 min power on backlight 3 min every time you plug in charger those setting kick in.When you unplug charger you go back to your previous setting.
    No need to make changes.It,s already there
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/11/2007 at 06:40 PM.
    Again, great piece of code!!!

You may want to remind the folks that the Today Settings must disable the Hide Lookup field setting.

See attached.

-- JDC
    Thanks JDC, just doin' my part for the cause...

But hey, why do they need to disable the "Hide Lookup field"? I tried it both ways, and it works fine. Even if the field is hidden, it still lets you key in numbers for dialing.
    zbop the only way your script would bounce is if you had a program like hidelogo running in the backround.
    Im using it right now without a problem.with or without hide look up active.
    Hmm thats a great idea.I will work on it when I receave my new treo from sprint. updating every minute no need for that .It could be tied into vol/sound/
    chargeron.mid
    chargeroff.mid
    when chargeron.mid becomes active actimeout 30 min /backlight 10min
    when chargeroff.mid go back to previous settings.

The question,
    how many owners leave there treo on when it,s charging.very odd
    If charger when in sync with pc the treo stay on
    anyway.

update
    Hmm going back in my beta test notes.
    if you tap on the power manager tab and adjust AC power setting for lets say 5 min power on backlight 3 min every time you plug in charger those setting kick in.When you unplug charger you go back to your previous setting.
    No need to make changes.It,s already there

Mine dims when it's connected to Active Sync cable, because the power connection is part of the USB connection.

- JDC
    Thanks JDC, just doin' my part for the cause...

But hey, why do they need to disable the "Hide Lookup field"? I tried it both ways, and it works fine. Even if the field is hidden, it still lets you key in numbers for dialing.
    Well, let me be the first to say it's a whopper of a useful submission.

I didn't even try it both ways.

BTW, I'm working on a script to clean "questionable" sites that get recorded in the Explorer Address History. I don't want to wipe out all my history (or cookies), just one or two that appear in the URL dropdown list. I handed someone my phone last nite to access google they giggled at one of my entries.

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/11/2007 at 07:04 PM.