Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Thanks for posting!

Hmmmm....some of those scripts that use Poutlook for PIM stuff would need to change if you are using another PIM app (ie. Agenda One, PI), correct?
    I assume so. I only know what worked for me.

The poutlook.exe command switches came from:

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...l%20Sampat.pdf

My intent was to not create a series of scripts that were universal for all, but to illustrate the power of voice activation combined with scripting.

-- JDC
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    You tap on canel tab on the power manger screen and orginal settings are kicked back in..
    if the cancel does not work you were one of the first 4 members that downloaded the zip.If this is the case.download zip again and replace the
    POWER MANAGER.mscr file and your good to go
    slingbox,

Thanks for all your efforts. Power Manager is great!
    I am having a problem, however, with the screen dim. No matter what I do, I can't turn the screen dimming function off. I just downloaded the file this morning, so I don't think it's a case of having an early version as you adivised above. Should I be doing something specific wth the setting for backlight on the device?

Thanks again.
    Lol, I was just about to post something similar. I am not sure how to turn off the dimming function. A soft reset didnt seem to put it back as it dims roughly 30 seconds or so after not touching the screen.

Any ideas on how to stop the dimming?
    the applicaiton he created and that youse guys are using.... actually appears to be functioning as intended.

it's a keylight AND screen dimming application.

if all you want is the Keylight ON/OFF piece... it's the Keylight.mscr that I had neatly packaged in my .zip.

maybe separate screen dimming commands is what you're after?

-- JDC
    The question at this point is how to turn just the power management options off? The Keylight seems to be standalone (or it could be standalone).

How do you reset the dimming application to factory default settings?
    you have 4 choices

Keylights off screen 60sec<<<<<<<<<<<No screen dim keylights off
    Keylight on screen 60sec
    keylight off screen 30 sec<<<<<<<<<<< screen dim keylights off
    keylight on screen 30 sec

If you have keylight off - 30 sec and still want the keylights off just choose keylight off screen -60sec and then screen dim is turned off.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    The question at this point is how to turn just the power management options off? The Keylight seems to be standalone (or it could be standalone).

How do you reset the dimming application to factory default settings?
    Chose (keylights on-screen 60 sec...
    You can change it to any keylight setting or or backlight setting you want.You have 4 choices.
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/09/2007 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtrider View Post
    slingbox,

Thanks for all your efforts. Power Manager is great!
    I am having a problem, however, with the screen dim. No matter what I do, I can't turn the screen dimming function off. I just downloaded the file this morning, so I don't think it's a case of having an early version as you adivised above. Should I be doing something specific wth the setting for backlight on the device?

Thanks again.
    To turn off screen dim press cancel Tab.
    Upgrade to the latest release .it give you more option with voice comfermation of your setting.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=183
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/09/2007 at 05:54 PM.
  9.    #209  
    Ah, I've been away for a while buried in work. All I can say is WOW!

Looks like I've created a team of script programmers.

Keep up the good work guys. I'm glad I have some back-ups to take on new requests while I'm away.
    Yoda of mortscript is back
    We humbly bow to his EnteringKey.... er, I meant his Return.

Here's a few I'd like to finger out:

1) how to turn phone radio on and off without speaking the FLIGHT MODE ON and OFF backwards logic commands. I'd rather say something like:

"Start PhoneOn"
    "Start PhoneOff"

2) I'd like to have a routine to put the phone in SPEAKERPHONE mode BEFORE I place a call. It sure would be nice to be able to speak the command before placing a call. Since voice commands are disabled DURING a call, I suppose another button mapped script to TOGGLE the speakerphone mode would be nice.

3) What would REALLY be a challenge is to create a popUp that automatically executes when a call is placed or rec'd. This popup would include icons that called scripts (or script subroutines) to do basic things like generate numeric tones, toggle speakerphone, toggle mute.

I know that they're easily accessible elsewhere, but the dialpad takes up the entire screen and it's kludgy to get to and to dismiss. Rather than fumble thru multi menu confusion, it sure would be nice to have a single CALL interface similar to the Voicemail interface (attached).

... any takers?

-- JDC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yoda -- can u direct me to the proper Mortscript command that simply "presses" the OK button? I don't want to map to it... I want to "press" it.

-- Thanks,

John
    I hope you did'nt misunderstand my post hahaha.Im no yoda of mortscript.Thats my code name for hannip.He peaked my intrest in mortscript on the first script of this thread being led-alert--nled script.From that point he threw me some bread crums helping me out on how to write scripts and better understanding the language.
    Maping the Ok buttin im really not sure.

Phil C
    [see updated code at post #226]

Here's another (I think) useful script. I use a free screen capture program, but when I need it, I usually need to minimize the screen I need to capture. Once loaded, I've previously configured the snapshot activation to the Start key. If I need to use the Start menu wile capture mode is active, I use the stylus.

So, making the script callable as a voice command is really useful.

I still struggle with 100% succesful activation of the OK button after the screen capture app loads, though. Can someone tweak it better?

-- JDC

Code:
    # ScreenCapture.mscr

[see updated code at  post #226]
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/11/2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: bug fix
    What would be nice and im sure we could make it happen.Taping into
    red and orange led colors.
    Led red is present when using speaker phone so theres a start.but were the red

That way we could have led red blink/missed call
    green blink/led voice mail
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/10/2007 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    To make the many mortscripts I have execute via voice command, I map the side button to the voice command. I also place all my mort script files in a subdir under \windows\start menu\programs\Scripts

Since .mscr files are registered program apps, they execute like any other shortcut or application. since most of my scripts are one or two liners, I don't go thru the effort to install them on the storage card and make shortcuts.

The trick (for me) to successful voice commands is in nounverb style .mscr file names. Examples:

CalendarAgenda.mscr
    CalendarDay.mscr
    CalendarMonth.mscr
    CalendarNew.mscr
    CalendarWeek.mscr
    CalendarYear.mscr
    KEYLIGHT.mscr
    KeylightOFF.mscr
    KeylightON.mscr
    NewAppointment.mscr
    NewContact.mscr
    NewEmail.mscr
    NewExcelFile.mscr
    NewHotMail.mscr
    NewMeeting.mscr
    NewMessage.mscr
    NewMessageToMyWife.mscr
    NewNote.mscr
    NewTask.mscr
    NewTextMessage.mscr
    NewWordFile.mscr
    PhoneDialer.mscr <-- not sure this ever executes, since phonedialer.exe is
    higher up in the food chain.
    Reboot.mscr
    Recording.mscr
    reset.mscr
    TaskManager.mscr
    TypingMyInfo.mscr

For example, no matter what app I'm in, I can actvate the voice command button and say: "Start TypingMyInfo" and my contact info is typed on the screen.

The Calendar commands are quick and convenient. The re-boot command is a real time saver, too.

-- JDC

Wow, keep up the great work JDC!
    How freaken lame.When at Bestbuy doing my teck toy shopping I forgot to pull mt wx out of the car cradel with tomtom gps running.Some A** busted the driver side window of my 4-runner and stole it.
    I AM P***** OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The good news.The got him on parken lot camera with a nice face shot.
    The Better News-I have a new treo on the way and should receave it on wednesday.
    I forgot to add that sprint gave me a loaner PDA.I nice treo 700p-What a peace of junk!!!!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    How freaken lame.When at Bestbuy doing my teck toy shopping I forgot to pull mt wx out of the car cradel with tomtom gps running.Some A** busted the driver side window of my 4-runner and stole it.
    The Better News-I have a new treo on the way and should receave it on wednesday.
    Bummer! Sorry to hear about your Treo. Good luck on the new one. And, I also love my Wx more than my wife's P. Except, I do prefer her bigger/sharper screen.
    That absolutely blows. Sorry to hear about that, Phil.