Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Not off hand.I can dig it up in the mourning though--mourning being after 700 am

Phil C
    I'm finding this thread fascinating...I'm going to have to start playing with this stuff. JDC...any chance you could bundle the scripts you have into a Zip for us? I'd love to check them out to give me a jumping off point on programming some of my own.

Right now I'm using Multiswitch2 and the Folder View scripts.

Thanks everyone...this is awesome stuff!
    Many thanks to hannip for talking some sence into me thus this upgrade with more function is avalible for all to enjoy.

((((((BUILT FOR THE 7OO WX/W SERIES))))))
    Very user friendly control over keylight and backlights settings on one screen

What you get,

Two diffrent keylight backlight off settings.
    Two diffrent keylight backlight on settings.
    Backlight manager takes you to system settings.
    Voice confermation alert letting you know your current keylight state and backlight timeout settings on exit.

If you have the first version Power Manager1.1 installed on you device (DELETE BEFORE INSTALLING NEW VERSION)
    If you have pocketmax keylight installed on device you may want to delete before installing.
    Conflict will accure.

How to use,
    Open app from your start menu,Scroll to your choice then
    Press treo (ok) key.
    A voice alert will comfirm settings you have made.

There is the mortscript 4.0 cab file in zip .
    Mort has released a beta upgrade that can be found
    http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...n=view&menu=29

I CONVERTED INTO CAB.FILE FOR EASY EASY INSTALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

files located in zip

MORTSCRIPT-40 cab
    TREO KEYLIGHT MANAGER cab
    REEDME INSTALL DIRECTIONS

MORTSCRIPT-RC9 CAB
    TREO KEYLIGHT VERSION 2 CAB
    REEDME INSTALL DIRECTIONS

2:46 AM 2/27/07
    (Slinghann treo keylight) has been released.It is a very light version built for one had operation.You can assign the treo left key hold to turn on & off keylights.It can be found

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=137887

Phil C
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/27/2007 at 01:51 AM.
    power manager script view

Choice "Power","(((KEYLIGHT BACKLIGHT MANAGER)))","KEYLIGHT OFF-screen 60 sec","KEYLIGHT ON--Screen 60 sec","KEYLIGHT OFF-Screen 30 sec","KEYLIGHT ON--Screen 30 sec","BACKLIGHT MANAGER"
    Case 1
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 1 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key1.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 60 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 60 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 1 )

Case 2
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 0 )
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key2.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 4 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "bkl1:", 1 )

Case 3
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 4 )
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key3.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "BatteryTimeout", 30 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKCU", "ControlPanel\Backlight", "ACTimeout", 30 )

Case 4
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\On", "kyl0:", 0 )
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\BackLightOff", "kyl0:", 0 )
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key4.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels

Case 5
    Run "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\Backlight.lnk"
    EndChoice
    um... no offense, JR, but if I post all my files, who knows WHO will be e-mailing my wife 20 times a day.... that's my job.

Seriously, give me a while to make them generic; to add comments to pay homage to original codesters; and generally clean 'em up. Most are snippettes of code I grabbed from this and other forums.

-- JDC
    nice job slingbox. I could see things like gps, slingbox, media players, ect being nice with this app. I have just three questions.

1. I just want the light to stay off all the time durrung the day. I don't need 30 seconds or anything. is there any newer script to get this other than the orignal keylight app?

2. what is the problem/harm done, with the little flicker that happens when lights are turned back on with the orginal keylight app?

3. is there no way to just get a timed fuction of the keylight? like say 7:00 am to 6:00 pm no lights.

I remember this was something in the works earlier in this thread. is it not possible?

thanks, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    nice job slingbox. I could see things like gps, slingbox, media players, ect being nice with this app. I have just three questions.

1. I just want the light to stay off all the time durrung the day. I don't need 30 seconds or anything. is there any newer script to get this other than the orignal keylight app?

2. what is the problem/harm done, with the little flicker that happens when lights are turned back on with the orginal keylight app?

3. is there no way to just get a timed fuction of the keylight? like say 7:00 am to 6:00 pm no lights.

I remember this was something in the works earlier in this thread. is it not possible?

thanks, cody
    1)There is a power manager tab on bottom were you can set your backlight to off all the time

2)The flicker is a driver reloading in PMax keylight.The power spike is pretty scarry in my opnion,Thats why I have been working so very hard on provideing scripts above with more keylight options with smoother operation.

2) yes.Ive been looking into adding a silent alert tone that can be used in treo calander alarm taday plugin then adding a small scrip to actave Power manger keylight setting function when silent alerts present.
    There a few diffrent ways we can make it happen.Thats the great thing about this mortscript thread

Cody
    a few months back I had

My old friend-Weather panel
    Phone alarm
    Pmax keylight
    My Treo was having softresets with system lag.I then dumped that software.

Now I use,
    Mortscript 4.0
    Nled-led alert
    Power manager
    Weather shortcut to browser.
    My Results,
    No soft resets needed,No sytem lag present.
    A treo 700wx that has that out of the box proforamnce
    Last edited by slingbox; 02/09/2007 at 11:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    power manager script view

Choice "Power","(((KEYLIGHT BACKLIGHT MANAGER)))","KEYLIGHT OFF-screen 60 sec","KEYLIGHT ON--Screen 60 sec","KEYLIGHT OFF-Screen 30 sec","KEYLIGHT ON--Screen 30 sec","BACKLIGHT MANAGER"
    Case 1
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key1.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels

Case 2
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key2.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels

Case 3
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key3.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels

Case 4
    %i% = 10
    if expression %i% > 1
    PlaySound "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\key4.wav"
    sleep 0
    %i% = %i% -1
    endIf
    # set custom levels

Case 5
    Run "\Program Files\MortScript\Manager-Alerts\Backlight.lnk"
    EndChoice
    Sling,

Is this the version that didn't work properly on my 750?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Not the version my friend.I sent you the 2nd beta last night.
    Thanks for testing it yesterday

pocket max keylight will cause conflict at times when using this script.pocketmax pulls the keylight driver then adds extention to the ON file adding value 4 file.

The new version posted has faster voice alert responce
    All is well

Cheers
    Phil C
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcochran View Post
    um... no offense, JR, but if I post all my files, who knows WHO will be e-mailing my wife 20 times a day.... that's my job.
    -- JDC
    No, no, no....certainly not wanting to email your wife. I've got my own wife to pester. LOL I was mostly interested in your Calander View ones...the New Mesage or New Task one...and the TypingMyInfo (obviously without your info LOL).

Your typed out script for emailing the wife was great for me to look at and learn from.

Really what it boils down to is....I don't have the time to dive into this the way I want...so I was going to scope out what others had done already to trim the learning curve. No sweat either way and I understand if you don't want to share.

If you do, thanks!
    Last edited by jdr00ejr; 02/09/2007 at 11:50 AM.
    Not the version my friend.I sent you the 2nd beta last night.
    Thanks for testing it yesterday

pocket max keylight will cause conflict at times when using this script.pocketmax pulls the keylight driver then adds extention to the ON file adding value 4 file.

The new version posted has faster voice alert responce
    All is well

Cheers
    Phil C
    So does that mean I will be getting a version that will work on my device?

The last message I got from you was "stop the beta".
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Remove Pocket max keylight
    Softreset device
    Your factory values will be restored
    Then install power manager posted in thread and your set.
    JDC,

I would be interested in your reboot script (assuming thats a soft reset), the new appointment script & the email to your wife (just the script itself). If you wouldnt mind posting the coding for that.

Thanks,
    Rich

To make the many mortscripts I have execute via voice command, I map the side button to the voice command. I also place all my mort script files in a subdir under \windows\start menu\programs\Scripts

Since .mscr files are registered program apps, they execute like any other shortcut or application. since most of my scripts are one or two liners, I don't go thru the effort to install them on the storage card and make shortcuts.

The trick (for me) to successful voice commands is in nounverb style .mscr file names. Examples:

CalendarAgenda.mscr
    CalendarDay.mscr
    CalendarMonth.mscr
    CalendarNew.mscr
    CalendarWeek.mscr
    CalendarYear.mscr
    KEYLIGHT.mscr
    KeylightOFF.mscr
    KeylightON.mscr
    NewAppointment.mscr
    NewContact.mscr
    NewEmail.mscr
    NewExcelFile.mscr
    NewHotMail.mscr
    NewMeeting.mscr
    NewMessage.mscr
    NewMessageToMyWife.mscr
    NewNote.mscr
    NewTask.mscr
    NewTextMessage.mscr
    NewWordFile.mscr
    PhoneDialer.mscr <-- not sure this ever executes, since phonedialer.exe is
    higher up in the food chain.
    Reboot.mscr
    Recording.mscr
    reset.mscr
    TaskManager.mscr
    TypingMyInfo.mscr

For example, no matter what app I'm in, I can actvate the voice command button and say: "Start TypingMyInfo" and my contact info is typed on the screen.

The Calendar commands are quick and convenient. The re-boot command is a real time saver, too.

-- JDC
    jdcochran I just noticed you avator
    I had no idea the700 series had such a pop alert letting you know there was no service avalible hahaha funny stuff
    It must be a sprint thing
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    JDC,

I would be interested in your reboot script (assuming thats a soft reset), the new appointment script & the email to your wife (just the script itself). If you wouldnt mind posting the coding for that.

Thanks,
    Rich
    the script to my wife has already been posted.

the reset/reboot script has a single line: "reset".

others to be posted in about 5 min...

-- JDC
    jdcochran I just noticed you avator
    I had no idea the700 series had such a pop alert letting you know there was no service avalible hahaha funny stuff
    It must be a sprint thing
    No, it's not a Sprint phone (see upper part of Avatar... above the pic of my ex wife, ...far left).

They disabled DUN (dial up networking) so they can (try to) sell me a WiFi card that fits in my memory expansion slot disabling 90% of the reason I use the phone.... then (attempt to) charge me ADDITONAL $60.00 a month to use something that I though I was getting as part of my "unlimited" data plan... just so I can tether my laptop in emergency situations.

I'm considering pdaNet as a get-around... but I need to examine a few months bills during my evaluation period. I still reserve the right to drop-kick My Carrier, who doesn't need to be slammed in a public forum, and their seriously handicapped phone. Btw, Sprint does not disable DUN on their 'verzion' of the 700w.

I wish that there was a law against overt "marketing" like this.

-- JDC
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/09/2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: cleaned up some of the language
    Quote Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
    No, no, no....certainly not wanting to email your wife. I've got my own wife to pester. LOL I was mostly interested in your Calander View ones...the New Mesage or New Task one...and the TypingMyInfo (obviously without your info LOL).

Your typed out script for emailing the wife was great for me to look at and learn from.

Really what it boils down to is....I don't have the time to dive into this the way I want...so I was going to scope out what others had done already to trim the learning curve. No sweat either way and I understand if you don't want to share.

If you do, thanks!
    [Requested Files are Attached]

I was kidding about the wife thingie, as you may have guessed.

I post these snippetts as a challenge... may others use my theft of others code to better others' lives. I really would like to see an organized repository of such code... even Mort himself has failed to obtain much of anything.

Regards,

John Cochran
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jdcochran; 02/09/2007 at 01:51 PM.
    Not off hand.I can dig it up in the mourning though--mourning being after 700 am

Phil C
    Is it morning yet?

[Requested Files are Attached]

I was kidding about the wife thingie, as you may have guessed.

I post these snippetts as a challenge... may others use my theft of others code to better others' lives. I really would like to see an organized repository of such code... even Mort himself has failed to obtain much of anything.

Regards,

John Cochran
    Thanks for posting!

Hmmmm....some of those scripts that use Poutlook for PIM stuff would need to change if you are using another PIM app (ie. Agenda One, PI), correct?
    ...see upper part of Avatar... above the pic of my ex wife, ...far left).

... if you could not discern the pic of my ex wife... here's a blow up.

-- JDC
    Attached Images Attached Images