1.    #1  
    I know this is GSM..

So I assume that Sprint will not be able to carry it, unless it come sin CDMA as well.

Anyone know if Sprint can and if it is possible?

Mike
    Not this device. It's possible that Palm could do a CDMA device in this form factor, but there are been no rumors or announcements like that. I don't think you will see anything new on CDMA until the next generation arrives.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Assuming that Palm wants to use the same approach with their CDMA carriers, it's likely that both a 680-like and 750-like device will be made available to Sprint and Verizon. The 680-like device would probably be lower-end and would likely handle EVDO (like the current 700p), while the 750-like device would be higher-end and might handle EVDO rev A (now that Sprint and Verizon are rolling this out).

Of course, as bcaslis says, no announcements have been made, so this is all pure speculation.
    Until Palm (now that they have unlimited access to the Palm OS so they can change the code) actually changes the underlying Palm OS so it can support the simultaneous voice/data advantages of EVDO Rev A, there won't be a EVDO Rev A Palm OS Treo. Its the same thing with GSM users because HSDPA/UMTS requires it.
    You won't see the "750" in a CDMA version. That's why they have the 700.

I WOULD expect the next generation CDMA Palm's to resemble the 750 form factor, however, in their next gen device. As soon as they figure out how to fit a WLAN modem up in there! Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    You won't see the "750" in a CDMA version. That's why they have the 700.

I WOULD expect the next generation CDMA Palm's to resemble the 750 form factor, however, in their next gen device. As soon as they figure out how to fit a WLAN modem up in there! Haha
    What they call it (750, 800, whatever) doesn't really matter. If Palm wants to continue to be a tier-one device provider for Sprint and Verizon in the US, they'll have to provide them with an updated device that has an improved form factor and/or supports their new EVDO rev A network investments. A CDMA version of the 750 (i.e., a Windows Mobile device with the same form factor, but a CDMA radio) with EVDO rev A support would provide both.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimf View Post
    What they call it (750, 800, whatever) doesn't really matter. If Palm wants to continue to be a tier-one device provider for Sprint and Verizon in the US, they'll have to provide them with an updated device that has an improved form factor and/or supports their new EVDO rev A network investments. A CDMA version of the 750 (i.e., a Windows Mobile device with the same form factor, but a CDMA radio) with EVDO rev A support would provide both.
    At this point, there is no way that Sprint or VZW would come out with another Treo that does not have EVDO Rev A. I know that Palm is planning on releasing another handful of new phones in '07, and i strongly believe a CDMA EVDO Rev A handset is on that list. I also don't think that Palm OS can support EVDO Rev A (same thing with HSDPA/UMTS), so they'll probably release a Treo that looks like the 680 with 700p innards.
  8.    #8  
    Ok... Now that this device is out for Congular.. does anyone know or have an idea WHEN a similar CDMA device for Sprint will be out.... with this new form factor...

Will it happen sometime in 2007? Any ideas?
    Sometime in 2007 would be a good guess. But probably not til the latter half.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    OK. Don't shoot me for starting rumors, but I went to go buy a 700p from a sprint store. I was told I might want to wait for the new one coming out soon. They seemed to think it would run Palm OS. I remember seeing some threads in the past about a "Nitro" and I wond if it could be that phone.

I remember that when the 700w first came out, sprint got the 700p a few weeks later. Anyone know if there is any truth in this?
    Ok, well I just picked-up cingular 750 & am thinking of dumping my 700wx. (Smaller, lighter, BT stereo, longer battery life, etc.)...but still I have a year left...any secrets to getting out of big penalty payment early? Hope it's not OT...
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaker911 View Post
    I remember seeing some threads in the past about a "Nitro" and I wond if it could be that phone.
    The "Nitro" was the code name for the Treo 680 before it got an official number assigned to it.
    Avatar is the license plate of my 95 White Ford Bronco

HTC TyTn II<- Current Favorite PDA phone
    CDMA the past;GSM the future
  13.    #13  
    Anyone hear anything else??
    Not yet, something will get leaked sooner or later. Just keep an RSS feed pointed at engadgetmobile and other similar sites and you'll find out as early as the next guy.