1.    #1  
    I've searched the threads, but can't really find much information about IM+. Does anyone know if it works simmilar to how verichat worked in that there's actually a company providing a service behind the application? Meaning that you actually log into pdaapps who then "passes you through" to the individual messenger app? Or does it actually directly just connect to the messenger program. I'm using the trial program, but I haven't figured out if I want to purchase it yet. This would be the determining reason for me.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73 View Post
    ...Meaning that you actually log into pdaapps who then "passes you through" to the individual messenger app? Or does it actually directly just connect to the messenger program. I'm using the trial program, but I haven't figured out if I want to purchase it yet. This would be the determining reason for me.
    They all pass your information through their own servers: IM+, Webmessenger, Agile, some claim they encrypt the information..duh! some even charge you a monthly fee, for the power bill I guess, you pay for their software, for the monthly subscription, and you give them your yahoo password.

That's the reason why i don't want to use any third party mobile messenger solution, i'm still waiting for yahoo to come up with a true mobile solution, I still cannot get Yahoo Go to run on my Treo, I figure it's a hardware/browse glitch that doesn't let me open those wap connection from Go interface..I'm still searching.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slide View Post
    They all pass your information through their own servers: IM+, Webmessenger, Agile, some claim they encrypt the information..duh! some even charge you a monthly fee, for the power bill I guess, you pay for their software, for the monthly subscription, and you give them your yahoo password.

That's the reason why i don't want to use any third party mobile messenger solution, i'm still waiting for yahoo to come up with a true mobile solution, I still cannot get Yahoo Go to run on my Treo, I figure it's a hardware/browse glitch that doesn't let me open those wap connection from Go interface..I'm still searching.

Talk about misinformation! They all do not go through their own server. Most don’t in fact and only a few do. Those that do go through their own server will charge the monthly fee. Understandable.
    I have tested IM+ and it connects directly to the IM server for AIM or MSN meaning there is no server to “go through”. You buy the app and you use it at no additional cost.

Take care.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by jpasint View Post
    Talk about misinformation! They all do not go through their own server. Most don’t in fact and only a few do. Those that do go through their own server will charge the monthly fee. Understandable.
    I have tested IM+ and it connects directly to the IM server for AIM or MSN meaning there is no server to “go through”. You buy the app and you use it at no additional cost.

Take care.

Joe
    Hey Joe,

I noticed that 5 way support is not enabled for IM +. I'm trying to use it to navigate thru and it won't work. Any thoughts on this?
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    Hey Joe,

I noticed that 5 way support is not enabled for IM +. I'm trying to use it to navigate thru and it won't work. Any thoughts on this?
    All I barely remember is that 5-way support was there but not fully. It was a while back.

Sorry can’t help more.

Joe
    I'm not interested and haven't tested it but IM+'s use of the term transports and because they allow multiple services seems like they go through a Jabber server.

But I have not tested it.

Its come down to Agile and IM+ for me, still debating but Agile lacks enter/send so far.
    Pete