1.    #1  
    what am i doing wrong?
    i get my email but when i try to reply it sends me a message that says invalid message recipients. can anyone help me out?
  2.    #2  
    ok. i looked up some old threads. reset my outgoing mail to smtp.vzwmail.net. i no longer get the"invalid message recipeint" message, but the emails arent reaching their destination....any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This happened when I set up my work e-mail. I searched and found this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...age+recipients And followed the advice there, but still got the same result.

I then tried changing the outgoing server to the Sprint smtp with my username and password and that didn't work. Instead I got an error bubble displaying the following:
    "Messaging cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then try to download the message again."

This after I didn't change the outgoing settings. I switch it back to my pop3 settings and it again will receive emails but not send.
    Last edited by D-Bo; 12/26/2006 at 05:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Bo View Post
    This happened when I set up my work e-mail. I searched and found this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...age+recipients And followed the advice there, but still got the same result.

I then tried changing the outgoing server to the Sprint smtp with my username and password and that didn't work. Instead I got an error bubble displaying the following:
    "Messaging cannot be downloaded to your mobile device. Make sure you are connected and that your e-mail account settings are correct. Then try to download the message again."

This after I didn't change the outgoing settings. I switch it back to my pop3 settings and it again will receive emails but not send.
    The same exact issue is happening with me, except I have Verizon instead of Sprint. I was on phone for 45 minutes with Verizon Support and after setting up the VZWMAILthat wouldn't work he connected me to Palm Support. She first tried to get the VZWMAIL working and then back to my ISP (Charter) and she couldn't get either to work, each getting one of the previously mentioned errors. After 45 minutes with her, she told me to try tomorrow and call back if it still wasn't working . She also told me that this is the first she's ever heard of someone having issues sending emails. I told her to check out the message boards and she'll see it is a major problem for many of us.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kerritag View Post
    The same exact issue is happening with me, except I have Verizon instead of Sprint. I was on phone for 45 minutes with Verizon Support and after setting up the VZWMAILthat wouldn't work he connected me to Palm Support. She first tried to get the VZWMAIL working and then back to my ISP (Charter) and she couldn't get either to work, each getting one of the previously mentioned errors. After 45 minutes with her, she told me to try tomorrow and call back if it still wasn't working . She also told me that this is the first she's ever heard of someone having issues sending emails. I told her to check out the message boards and she'll see it is a major problem for many of us.
    This is exactly what happened to me...she told me to call back in 24 -48 hours. that it sometimes takes that long to work. she signed me up for vtext something or another. its there server. actually she said i had already had a previous account there which is a surprise to me. any how im just tooo tired of dealing with this to care how it was possible i had an account there. guess ill wait till saturday to see what turns up.