Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just want to see if everyone else runs into these problems from time to time. Please, feel free to add anything to this list I forget:

-When I turn BT on, my data connection resets. No idea what that is about.

-Once every so often, the device freezes, the battery gets real hot, and device is frozen off. Yep, I get the DSOD on the 750. I used the 700w/wx for OVER A YEAR and never had this before. Not often, but its happened enough for me to worry about it. Last time it happened it was like that for hours before I realized it.

-Device slows down for no reason sometimes. Best way to tell is the screen, it seems like the "refresh rate" is very low, everything moves in steps. Even after a soft reset.

-Theres a noticeable "locating" delay when connecting to the Internet. Never happened on the Hermes.

-While I'm on that topic, I find activesync to get stuck on "synchronizing" a lot when OTA syncing w/mail2web. It's basically the locating issue in activesync, but sometimes it NEVER goes away until I hit STOP.

I guess I can write some of this stuff off to the fact that this device isn't officially supported on US GSM/3G networks yet, and the release is delayed because of this. Not sure. But these are just some things I notices compared to the 700w's. There is no Bluetooth dropout issue for me, thank god. And a2dp is great, as is the BT voice dialing. Anyone else geting the same issues?
    I see the locating delay all the time. Never seen the freezing with the battery getting hot. I have bluetooth on all the time so can't comment on the data connection.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    i'll notice "slow" response when the phone is in process of checking my email accounts and, similar to bcaslis, the locating delay occurs often. have you installed 3rd party software that could - potentially - cause some of the problems you're having?
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I see the locating delay all the time. Never seen the freezing with the battery getting hot. I have bluetooth on all the time so can't comment on the data connection.
    Same here. One possible bug I found is that lately, right after receiving a call, the clock setup menu pops up. I still can't find why

Bear with me, this is not a *bug*, but I just can't stand that Windows Mobile leaves all apps opened and consuming resources. Here I preferred PalmOS: when you quitted an app, it just closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Bear with me, this is not a *bug*, but I just can't stand that Windows Mobile leaves all apps opened and consuming resources. Here I preferred PalmOS: when you quitted an app, it just closed.
    Get yourself a task manager - problem solved.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Get yourself a task manager - problem solved.
    Thanks for the advice
    Very odd, I've never seen the clock setup popup after a call. Sounds like either incompatible third-party software or maybe a hardware problem. Do you have anything installed? I know that almost all of the SPB software apps cause problems with the volume buttons not working and causing the battery popup to come up instead.

Same here. One possible bug I found is that lately, right after receiving a call, the clock setup menu pops up. I still can't find why

Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Very odd, I've never seen the clock setup popup after a call. Sounds like either incompatible third-party software or maybe a hardware problem. Do you have anything installed? I know that almost all of the SPB software apps cause problems with the volume buttons not working and causing the battery popup to come up instead.
    And what about disable touch screen during calls?
    I don't get any of the issues from the original post but I do get the clock setup once in a while and I do use the disable touch screen option.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    And what about disable touch screen during calls?
    I have done several tests and it looks like that may be the reason: I guess I touch the screen with the face. Now, the silly question: how can I deactivate the screen during calls?
    I have done several tests and it looks like that may be the reason: I guess I touch the screen with the face. Now, the silly question: how can I deactivate the screen during calls?
    Configuration, Keyboard Lock (or something similar, my Treo is spanish)
    i hope Cingular and Palm found most/many of these issues and corrected them, hence the delay.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    i hope Cingular and Palm found most/many of these issues and corrected them, hence the delay.
    Yeah that is why I think (or hope I guess) it got delayed. We'll see
    Go into Settings->Keyguard, and there's an option to disable the touchscreen while on a call in the Today screen. Note that if you switch to another app while on a call (to check your calendar, or whatever), the touchscreen is re-enabled. But if you go back to the Today screen, the touchscreen will be re-locked.

P.S. I had these same problems (clock alarms and call log popping up during calls) and locking the touchscreen got rid of them for me.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Awesome. Thanks a lot
    I also get the clock setup popup as well as the battery level pop up each
    time i use the phone.
    have to press OK to get them to clear.
    I have not added any 3rd party app yet.
    will try the disable and see.
    LEY
    still ocurring.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scubapop View Post
    still ocurring.
    That's odd. I solved the issue by deactivating the touch screen during calls
    i am getting the battery popup instead of the volume. i don't even know how to change the volume without using those side buttons. i have spb finance installed. should i delete this or is there another fix?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Go to the Spb website. This is a known issue with Sdp Plus.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast