Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I somehow lost my sd card from my naked 700wx. I have no idea when it came out as I don't recall the alarm/notification. is there a way to keep them secure when you keep it naked for the most part? I'll buy another, just want to keep this one.

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!

Adam
    what i did with the 6700 is use a piece of that clear packing tape. just a small piece can make the difference.

one more thing... if you where a seatbelt, check around there. thats where i lost mine twice.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    speaking of keeping the SD card "secure"... is there a program that let's you encrypt or put a password lock on the SD card? similar to a hard drive password on your computer.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    maybe a software that can be installed on the SD card and prompts for password everytime you plug it into a new device?
    I've had a couple of scares myself. My wife will kill me if I lost my SD card. Lots of...well...pics. hehehehe
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Good case will take care of it. I use palm's hard case, which I paid around 40 bucks at staples.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    I know there is software for POS that is like sd card alarm software. This makes the treo have an alarm if the sd card is ejected. I wonder why we don't have this for win mobile?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    The SD card in my Treo 650 stuck out far enough that it could pop out by itself. I ended up filing the end of the card down quite a bit till it was recessed in the Treo. I never had a problem after that. The 680 has a nice little cover for SD cards, so no chance of loosing one.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by alightfoot View Post
    I somehow lost my sd card from my naked 700wx. I have no idea when it came out as I don't recall the alarm/notification. is there a way to keep them secure when you keep it naked for the most part? I'll buy another, just want to keep this one.

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!

Adam
    after losing a card I started using a piece of scotch tape. It's hard to see and works perfectly.

I recall a post where one forum member said he sanded the top of his card using the gray fake plug card as a template. By knocking off the corners ever so slightly to make the card flush with the top of the phone he said it stopped popping out on him accidentally.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    In WM5, one of the programmable sounds is "sled eject". Just put a really loud, really annoying, unique sound (like record a long scream or something) assigned to this function. Then whenever your card is ejected your treo will scream.
    Instead of tape to keep it snug, I used a sticker with my return address (like you get printed to put on envelopes) - that way if someone found it they would at least be able to mail it back to me (if they were honest enough).

The program for POS that makes a noise is called Palm Puke (not sure where to get it, but I think it is freeware so try google).
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Instead of tape to keep it snug, I used a sticker with my return address (like you get printed to put on envelopes) - that way if someone found it they would at least be able to mail it back to me (if they were honest enough).

The program for POS that makes a noise is called Palm Puke (not sure where to get it, but I think it is freeware so try google).
    You might want to look at www.stuffbak.com
    The stickers supposedly increase the liklihood of returns.
    I have one on several pieces of my electronic gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    In WM5, one of the programmable sounds is "sled eject". Just put a really loud, really annoying, unique sound (like record a long scream or something) assigned to this function. Then whenever your card is ejected your treo will scream.
    I see sled insertion but not sled eject.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    I see sled insertion but not sled eject.
    Yeah, it's not there and even the sled insertion sound doesn't appear to be used. I hear a different sound when I insert my sd card than what is defined for sled insertion.
    ok, I found where you can change the sound of removal. go to hkcu/control panel/volume/sd remove sound/file. this is where you cn rename it to a file that you already have installed. I changed mine from alarm2.wav to alarm3.wav which is louder.
    update. you must have the sound you want to use in your windows folder. sounds in your ring folder won't work
    the problem is when the phone is powered off no sound is heard. stock or not. maybe hanip can incorporated something in with mortscript?
    hmm, unless there is some way to wake up the treo on removal of the sd card there isn't much we can do. I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
    looks like it's back to the super glue.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, I found where you can change the sound of removal. go to hkcu/control panel/volume/sd remove sound/file. this is where you cn rename it to a file that you already have installed. I changed mine from alarm2.wav to alarm3.wav which is louder.
    Ok Im a ppc nerd and it cant be helped.Reading codyppc post above I put together some pretty cool alerts contained in zip below.
    Cardin
    Cardout
    There very cool,They will get your attention,oh yeah they talk
    Put them in your windows folder
    follow codyppc directions above to install in a very easy reg edit

Cheers
    Phil C
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 01/05/2007 at 12:40 AM. Reason: updated cardout .wav
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast